Uncontrolled movement of Chatacters

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Sandbutton, Mar 27, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandbutton

Sandbutton Forum Greenhorn

Lately when I try to play the game no matter which character I pull up they do not stay in place when fighting and keep springing back and forth as I try to manuver them through an area. This leads to a lot of frustration and poor play. My characters will spring into an enemy when I try to hold them in place with the shift key or else go in and out on fighting contact. The play has become totaly erratic. I have deleted and redownloaded the game several time to try and fix the problem. Defragging and disc clean up along with full system scans do no resolve this issue

2. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Try lowering the video settings in the game options. That may help.

3. Sandbutton

Where would I find this option. I didn't see it in the listing on the game settings?

4. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Click the button above the "Switch Character" button. Then click the tab with an image of an eye. You can turn the graphic quality to Low for example. You may have to restart the game/browser to have the changes take effect.

5. Sandbutton

I did as you suggested and it did not help. My characters still slide back and forth in battle and spring back while traveling. Very dis heartening when it ruins the game play

6. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello @Sandbutton , from what you describe, it appears that it's an issue called "rubberbanding", and it's generally caused by low performance of your internet connection, you might want to test your connection quality and ping with the instructions provided here: Verifying connection quality.

It'd be nice if you shared your results with us to assess if it's related to your connection. ;)

7. Sandbutton

Ping stats for 8.3.248.52
    Packets sent=4 Received =4
    Lost 0 (0% loss)
    milliseconds
    minumum=1981ms
    maximum=2925ms
    Average 2281ms

I don't know what all this means as far as my connection goes but these were the results. Good or bad I couldn't tell you.

8. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello again, @Sandbutton , I'm afraid those results are in fact very bad, to say the least; having an average ping of 2281 miliseconds means that the communications between your client and the server you play in are delayed by an average of 2.281 seconds, thus the "rubberbanding" and the "erratic" gameplay you are experiencing.

So, it appears your internet connection is very limited and can't keep up with the game requirements, the recommended minimum would be a 6 MB connection for Drakensang Online, as stated in our technical FAQ.

A few advices for you:
    1. Check your available download speed with your internet service provider to make sure it's up to the minimum requirements of the game.
    2. If your connection is within the required limits already, ask your ISP to check it out for latency/stability issues.
    3. An outdated router firmware or faulty router could be another cause for the issue, you'll have to check this out with your ISP as well.
    4. Try to disable any other software that might be using your available bandwith while you play (e.g., Skype, Discord, instant messengers, downloaders, etc.).
    5. Take into consideration that if you play in a server that's not the closest to your geographical location, you should expect bigger ping numbers despite your connection being good enough (although not as massive as the ones you have).
    6. Consider the number of people/devices that might be using your internet connection at the same time when you play, this could cripple further an already low speed internet connection.
    7. Be sure to scan your computer to make sure it's virus/malware free.
    8. Last but not least, consider improving your internet connection speed through your ISP or by finding a new or better one.

That's all I can offer you as an answer for now, since you'll have to sort it out with your ISP, wish you the best of luck in resolving your issue, and if there's anything you still have questions about, please let me know. ;)

-Skygazer- likes this.
  9. Sandbutton

thank you

10. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

They're really, really bad. With Comcast I get 12-15 ms regardless of whether I have an ethernet connection or AC wireless connection. With my cell phone hotspot I tend to get 40 to 65 ms. During congestion on the hotspot I might get 300 or 400 ms and I usually stop playing. Your 2281 ms average is very problematic and would be unplayable for me.

11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Even in the middle of nowhere, operating on cellular signal, traveling to the other side of the planet, I still average 210-230... There has got to be something else wrong there.

12. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

Those parameters as stated ARE horrible and unplayable. It also depends on the country and how far you from the server @_Baragain_ I live in metropolitan area with high speed internet and my best ping rate is around 210. Only when I switch to Hotspot on my 4G I manage to get my ms down to 175-195... it sucks in PvP bad, but there's nothing I can do about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.