Unfair ''balancing'' and OP skills

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Tarmogoyf, Jan 12, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarmogoyf

Tarmogoyf Forum Greenhorn

There is a big gap in between the balancing and the skills.
    After playing a lot PvP, i realised the differences that exist. Searching a bit more, I found out the gap with the set items too, that make a class and a skill OP.

The ice missile from the SW, with the Sigri's set, it is just so OP! And compare to the rest classes for what the set gives come on!! It's the day with the night!!
    (2): Ice Missile fires 3 missiles each time you cast it. Each bullet deals 30% of your base damage as ice damage and can trigger effects.

A skill with 0 mana cost, that lets you spam endlessly and with the set in each missile additional 3!! As a dk you can not survive it at all! -and with no other class as well.-

This skill has to change. Simply, add mana cost like a fireball for example, or even little higher. Otherwise it is so OP and so ridiculous. No one has a chance to survive it and even trying to hit this SW.

Further more, Scorn of the Dragon set for SW.
    (2): 100,0% of the damage inflicted by Magic Missile is fire damage.

So in realistic terms, it makes the magic missile working as a fireball, with 0 mana cost again, and much more speed than the fireball itself! Another OP skill, as you don't need anything for that,no mana cost nothing!! That has to change as well, and even more when the other classes gets only half(!) of the damage as fire damage and with ridiculous skills!

So, in conclusion, two basic attacks with zero mana cost, can be extremely deadly once the char has the sets, and at the same time, nothing like that applies for the rest classes with the same sets.

What is fair on that? Exactly! Nothing!!

I can even write for the majority of the sets one by one, and how unfair is for the rest classes and how unbalanced it is, but that will take pages.

I am asking BP to change those things that i mentioned, and make finally the game playable again for all the classes, just like how it used to be once upon a time.

KrivQrac likes this.
  2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I think the first set (sigri's with the spammable ice missile) is overpowered. A lot of mages are just sitting in pvp and spamming that skill to the exclusion of other skills.

However, the scorn of the dragon set requires that you use the relatively weak weapon, which does not have the increased damage% on the weapon. So I am not convinced yet that there is a balance issue yet on that set.

3. ^Alexdragon^

^Alexdragon^ Forum Apprentice

i agree 100% on ice missile+sigri's set it has to be changed it unbalanced a lot sw class, at least in mana cost, in pvp they just spam the ability witouth let u do almost nothing also with 55 60 % res also for a top toon is still diff face them

KrivQrac likes this.
  4. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

I dissagree. the OP spent lots of time in PVP an realized the balancing issues and came here to nerf one set of one class :))) oh my.

OP, when doing a lot of PVP, did you found any other sets or items or skills of other classes being unfair too or is it just SW are OP rant?

I did use the sigi set, now I dont. it is nice, but overestimated. rare 2h tank will get close to me with or without sigi set. but they would easily kill me in a ballanced build, no matter the ice.

Without 2h, those bullets deal marginal damage.

Guess some DK got used to smash every mage in the game just because they are DK. guess what, now you need to play a little?

Or perhaps you want all the mages do nothing and wait for your glass canon 2h build comes close and jumps? dream.

Poor poor tanks, cannot do anything. oh my)

On the other side, I agree to trade those two extra ice bullets for 65% decrease of singularity cooldown, easily. like yours, DK's bonus

MikeyMetro and EhtovK like this.
  5. KrivQrac

KrivQrac Forum Apprentice

I absolutly agree that SW wiht sigri set is overpowered. I am pretty strong 1h DK, and there is no solution for good mage with sigri. It is not true that dmg is marginal, I have max stats on armor and block, also good hp, and still it is almost impossible to win. First of all, I have to aproach, and that is almost impossible because ice missiles are slowing me down. Also, most of mages has high crit, and with that kind of rapid fire, i recieve about 2 crits per second. It is not marginal at all. And this is only small visible piece of the iceberg of disbalance: during time, possibilities of making greater amount of dmg rises, and yet, non range players have no response on that. Max defensive stats are the same. So, there is one terrible thing appearing in pvp - one shot kill. It is destroying non range class, and with other classes luck became more important than skill. This should be fixed soon, or game will become like thousands of forgoten ones.

thouvou000 likes this.
  6. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

i cant deny that some classes are overpowered just because of some items.Not only that, but there is the other issue in pvp with the dks 2 skills that give immunity, which is broken. imagine a ranger trying to mark a dk that has immunity and rangers do 2x damage vs marked targets. its really frustrating.However, the point i wish to make here is something else. items and skills make classes overpowered and in result we keep seeing 1 shots in pvp. However, i have not really seen anyone mentioning the main flaw in pvp, which came with release 155 and i think many of the taking-a-break or retired players spotted or should have spotted. r155 brought alot of new things, but most notably brought big differences in damage items. the damage of every class was increased by alot, either thanks to the level 45+ new skills or because the increased damage on weapons and other items got increased substantially. the increased difficulties in parallel worlds and events(excruciating and fatal) neccesitated buffs in the damage not only from items, but also from wisdom skills.However, what most players did not and still cant notice is that this new high damage all characters got applies in pvp too and in pvp the damage is even more, if we take into account the 25% more damage from the honor skills.what did not happen in the release 155 is huge buffs in hp in accordance to the damage buffs. if a game wants to get balanced, when u increase the attack u have to increase the defence stats as well, or else it becomes unbalanced.So what happened after the r155? sick damage but the hp did not change. If someone had 10k hp it did not change.In order to have more hp, someone would have to sacrifice damage and attack speed from the wisdom skills and add them to the hp skill, but even that is not enough. 1 point in the hp skill gives 3% hit points, which means that players with low hp dont gain much from it. when you meet players in the arena with 2500 damage with 1h + crit rate+crit damage and all classes have at their best around 10-11k hp(except maybe dks), how much do you really think they will last before dying, even with high armor and resistances? how do you expect to survive in pvp, if the hp are only 4xtimes higher than the damage, not to mention that even with top shields the damage is insane?In conclusion, what has to be done to balance pvp is the developers to test how increasing the base hp or even the hp given from amethysts or items can improve pvp or do something about this sick damage every class has and then try to maybe balance the items.Because lets be honest: even before the introduction of those op item sets, just damage alone made pvp unbalanced. the coming of these items just exacerbated the whole problem. Thats all folks !!! :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    EhtovK and KrivQrac like this.
  7. Tarmogoyf

Tarmogoyf Forum Greenhorn

I agree with you. Even with 80% in all defensive stats, as long as a SW with sigri's set starts spamming you with the missile, you have no change to anything. It slows you down so bad and it makes enormous damage. Even with dragon hide you are dead. This set has to be changed immediately. And if nothing happens, the only possible way will be if ALL of us don't play PvP anymore. With this, maybe they will re-think about the set for SW and finally to change it, otherwise we go nowhere...

KrivQrac likes this.
  8. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

by the way of talking about nerfing ......developers has shortened the range of explosion arrow for rangers slightly so they cant find the difference but op rangers do.......EA is our only hope in pvp and they want to kill it slowly like what they did for bird critical hit is less then the character critical hit.....slower the wolfs....dont talk about the stupid turtle i mean tree....

9. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

I have encountered many Mages who play like that, the problem are not them but you. Guess what, i am a 2h DK and i am constantly being called a runner cause i play with strategy (running to get back my cooldowns or to get in a favorable position). Its all about strategy, learn to avoid them, i do, attack when you have your speed/debuffs, if you dont, RUN. And guess what i am a free user with no special build.

KrivQrac likes this.
  10. .RakshaRanja.

.RakshaRanja. Forum Pro

Both of those sets are working differently than described.

Sigris set: Instead of additional 3 ice missiles (1 -> 4) you have 3 (1 -> 3) with lowered damage (40% -> 30%).
    Dragon set: It changes damage (physical -> fire) but burning effect is refreshing itself on every crit so if you crit fast enough burn may never damage your opponent.

Sadly, as someone who cares alot about game balance I can't agree with you.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    trakilaki and Tilwin90 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.