Unconfirmed crafted process.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by gun, Aug 14, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Hi,

Would like to share idea to handle unconfirmed crafted process.
    What I mean for unconfirmed crafted process is a crafting process in which the system force player to accept the craft result. This happen when game client disconnected, game crash, ect.

The opposite will be confirmed crafted process, this is for any input events that being triggered by player. Just like below images:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If player did not trigger any of above input events seen in above pictures. System will "locked" the items in certain way as to hold the Accept or Revert action.

Locked item could be marked like this:
    [​IMG]

Locked item need key(unlock mechanism). To be fair there should be 2 keys.
    1 key being used by the system to unlock the item and execute Accept action. As for this the system can use such a timer to determinte when to unlock.
    Another key being used by player to unlock the item in order to execute Accept or Revert action. As for this the player can open the workbench and put the locked item back.

This mechanism give player opportunity to login back to the game and finish the crafting process.

This by far I can think of. Input or critic are welcome.

jcdenton007 likes this.
  2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

An interesting idea. However I would prefer something much simpler. Unless "Accept" or "Revert" is clicked any interruption to the process should just abort and return the ingredient items.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Dragonnns, gun and Zed like this.
  3. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Gold/Andermant gone or no?
    Return all 4 ingredients or only 2 ingredients(the same as revert)?

4. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Good point. That would be a huge work-around when you didn't get what you wanted from the crafting.

gun likes this.
  5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I think I suggested something like this and instead of a timer, I had thought that it should stay until you actively put it back on the bench and click accept, and until that time, it can't be used, sold, melted, destroyed, etc. I think that it probably got ignored by BP because it could be exploited to "store" items the same way we store gems, but the timer takes care of that.

Also, what if you "Got an amazing item, but lost connection before accepting"? It would be better if you had those temporary items so that you couldn't get screwed over in either case, and the timer would be great because it would allow you to recover from all but the worst disconnects/internet problems.

Here is my thought process:

Close window/lose connection before crafting:
    All items returned to inventory.

Close window/lose connection after crafting:
    Temp item is returned to the inventory and the user has 10 min (I think 30 is too much) to put it back on the bench and either accept it like normal or revert it like normal.

Close window/lose connection after crafting:
    Crafted item is returned to inventory.

gun likes this.
  6. gun

gun Forum Great Master

I was thinking about the timer is running even tho the player have not login back yet.
    My base assumption is that the system does not want to be bothered with temporary items being hold in the back end for too long.
    What if the player not login back in a month or longer.. might be rare case here.. but accumulation can be huge if the system let it that way.. that would be a burden later on.

I like your idea, maybe with additional rule, pass 24 hours, the temporary item will be automatically Accept by system.

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

8. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Now I remember I read it but did not have any thought about it.
    But your idea is good. And yes it is still considered easy to code.
    They should listen, because it really is a solution!

trakilaki likes this.
  9. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I also lost some ingredients some time ago when I pushed the space button... Luckily I was crafting a HP belt (well, trying to).
    So we definitely need some safety elements for these kind of accidents

10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is why I have made that suggestion back then.
    Imagine you are collecting ingredient items for a year or more ... and then you lose them all in a fraction of a second just because server failure/internet connection hiccup/wrong key pressed ...

Gevilson and _Baragain_ like this.
  11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

And then you contact support and they say "Its a Feature, not a Bug."

12. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

That's the exact thing that happened to a friend of mine. He lost his 26% dmg torso because he pushed the Esc button to leave Full Screen, however it also closed the crafting screen, giving him a shitty crafted torso. He lost his most important ingredient-item that he often used and because of that, he lost the mood to play. ^^ Support did not care.

13. I'm sure that they cared, but that their rules tell them no. Think about every other customer support on the face of the planet. They are humans and might even have been in the same situation in the past, but rules are rules. If anything, I bet that the support team wishes that BP would do would implement something like this, so that they could say "Nope, it's your fault" instead of "I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do."

If anything, it seems that the English support team recognizes the spirit of the law vs the letter of the law a little more than other languages, if the stories are to be believed, so let's be glad for what we do have.

14. gun

gun Forum Great Master

It would be better to treat as temporary item also when the workbench window got closed without pressing Accept/Revert.
    So it can be treated as safety mechanism or even just for giving a time to consider the result.

15. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

I'd also like a solution here... any.

16. Atair

Atair Forum Apprentice

Even more simpler, just put it there until we reset the map... just like sold items are gone when we reset..

17. gun

gun Forum Great Master

"we reset the map" have the same behaviour with a reset by game crash. Thus making it have same risk that we are trying to avoid.
    I'm assuming that you don't like accept/revert action only available once in the same process. And the decision have to be made in the same workbench window instance.
    Well if Trakilaki's suggestion(meta item) being implemented there will be no such problem. Changing map or unfortunate crash would not change the crafted process status, and the accept/revert option would be still available.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  18. Atair

Atair Forum Apprentice

what happened to me was.. instead of clicking Revert, I clicked on Cross and my items gone.. it has happened to me 2 times now...

19. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Yes that is one of the flawless & careless design. Baragain already mentioned in other threat about the need of confirmation dialog box in some of features.
    That X button on workbench should have it, also in some other UI that automatically end the craft process by force accept.

20. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

FUDGE!:mad: Guess what?
    I just lost 2 of my best lines for 1h (49&48)!:mad:
    After I struggled to get them into blue axes from a sword and a mace... The server went down yesterday exactly when I was trying to get them into an exo axe...:mad:
    I was praying so that the disconnection happened before I had pushed the craft button... But no... the lines were gone... not even one was inherited.:mad::mad::mad:
    Thanks a lot! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.