Support Unable to complete Sigrismarr's Shackle

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Druidia, Mar 9, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Druidia

Druidia Forum Greenhorn

I've been unable to complete Sigrismarr's Shackle as I'm supposed to take the 4 items to a workbench. Problem is I don't have the Jarl's Key even though that part of the quest line is marked as complete. How can I get one now?

2. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello @Druidia , and welcome to the EN forums. Before you keep going through your adventures in this lovely place, I'd suggest you check out our Forum Rules to make your stay a pleasant one.

As for your question, here is the Wiki guide for Sigrismarr's Shackle quest. According to your info and the step of the quest you appear to be in, you'll be handed both the Jarl's Key and the Keystone by Alvis Runeseer in the city of Jarlshofn, please check it out and scout your inventory closely and let us know if you get it. ;)

3. Druidia

Druidia Forum Greenhorn

Well, I've got the Keystone, blood, and breath but no Key. Nor is it in my locker. Do you think I should drop the quest, or would that make me start from the beginning and collect all the other stuff too?

4. Erebus

Erebus User

Before we resort to such measures, I have a question for you, @Druidia , have you completed the quest The way of the King?, if you did, please type down the list of quests your character has at the moment to check if there is another one blocking your way.

5. Druidia

Druidia Forum Greenhorn

My Journal shows that under the title, "The fate of the Jarl." The final step for that says that I need to find the Jarl's body and recover the key. It is marked as complete and I do remember doing; can't recall if I had gotten the key. Apparently no way to deactivate that now that those are marked as finished.

Under active quests there is only this: Sigrismarr's Shackle (step 3 of 5)
    Under side quests, there's the "Cloak of Power" that I'm still collecting the threads from those wolves from and the repeatable one for the wolf hides. My character is at level 34 and I've not been able to find any othe new quests to help level.

6. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello again, @Druidia , if you completed "The fate of the Jarl", it means that you recovered the Jarl's key after you finished, but, in that same quest line you hand it to Alvis Runeseer in Jarlshofn, if you're under Sigrismarr's shackle 3/5 you need to speak to Alvis Runeseer twice, since he's supposed to hand you back the Jarl's key you gave him back when you finished "The fate of the Jarl", and also the Keystone, please check on him to see if he has any dialogue available for you and let me know.

As for leveling up, if you find yourself at a shortage of quests, some players resort to farm Sigrismarr back to back to get more experience points, good luck! ;)

7. Druidia

Druidia Forum Greenhorn

I've checked with Alvis Runeseer in Jarlshofn several times before starting this thread (sometimes there's a green quest finisher that isn't obvious), but nothing different. Just the istruction to ttake the 4 items to the workbench; which - of course - I can't do as I'm missing the Jarl's key. I do appreciate your help, beleive me, but I'm thinking I need to put in a support ticket.

8. Erebus

Erebus User

Hey there @Druidia , sorry to hear the issue isn't solved yet, ultimately, you have the faster option to drop the quest and take it again, you should start from 3/5 after doing so, although be aware you'll need to repeat all the steps of it, including hunting Sigrismarr for the Icy breath and the Frost wolves for their blood, if you opt to do this, please let me know the results. ;)

If this last resort doesn't help you, you're more than welcome to contact our support team.

9. Druidia

Druidia Forum Greenhorn

Quick response, dropping the quest and restarting with it at step 3/5 did the trick. Yep, had to get the blood & breath again but when I went back to Alvis Runeseer in Jarlshofn, he DID give both the keystone and key! So that line's finished out now. Thanks for your patience & help!

Wondering now if I accidently sold it or dropped it or something of that nature. Game crashed on me a few times (of course!) so that could have been a facter too. Ah well, water under the bridge! I'll know what to do if it should re-occur.

10. Erebus

Erebus User

Hi @Druidia , I'm happy to hear the good news! :), glad I could be of assistance to you, sorry we went to that option last, but I wanted to make sure other possibilities were discarded so that you didn't have to re-take your quest without needing to, since it's quite uncommon that quest items can be dropped, the vast majority of them are made so that you can't destroy them by accident, but only by cancelling the quest they're attached to, still, glad you managed to progress!

If you don't have any further questions and consider your issue resolved please let me know so I can close this thread, thanks. ;)

11. Druidia

Druidia Forum Greenhorn

Go ahead and close it... I have another question I'm going to search for answers on before starting a new thread. If I can't find an answer, I'll ask away! Thanks again!

12. Erebus

Erebus User

Closing, glad to be of service, good hunting! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.