Capture the flag questions

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by cdeepal, Feb 2, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I have played close to 100 Capture the flag matches.
    I learn something everyday, but I still consider myself a novice in this.
    I mostly (90%) play 5v5 on my DK with a flag runner build.
    The following questions were bugging me for a while, so I thought of asking them from PvP veterans.

1. How do I accurately transfer the flag to another team member?

2. When someone dropped the flag due to getting killed, how much time do I have to get it and what is the best way to get it?

3. When someone dropped the flag due to jumping or any other reason other than getting killed, are there conditions for the flag to sit on the ground, is it always available and any best way to recapture it?

4. If someone is sitting on the flag post, preventing from capturing the flag, are there tricks to get the flag quickly without killing him?

5. Any good tips/tricks to stop a dwarf in Iron Dwarf mode running a flag?

6. If I killed the flag bearer, how can I prevent someone else from the enemy team re-capturing it? Sometimes even though I moved on to it, I don't get the flag, is it due to lag or am I missing something?

2. Anyki

Anyki User

Hello @cdeepal,

I can answer one of your questions.

There is no time limit, however...

... depending on the class you play, if you are a DK or a Ranger, you cannot pick up the flag if you have the Furious Battle Cry or Adrenaline bonus currently active.

For the other questions, I'll leave it to the other forum goers to answer, as they are mostly a matter of opinion. :)

Cheers,
    Anyki

3. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Voice chat (Raidcall, Mumble) help a lot with switching carriers, or pre-planned maneuvers with buddies can work. Some teams are well-oiled machines over time. Several 3v3 teams run offense very well in 5v5.

Usually the flag will sit for a minute or two where it was dropped, then reset to home base. (This may have changed or been rewritten.)

The flag belongs to the player than got there first. You can have it only if it is lost, given up, or over a dead body. I have seen players lag out, disconnect briefly, or otherwise get screwed out of possession by a game, computer, or server problem, but that is rare.

Each player really only sees what the server lets him see, so lag and rubber-banding vary and play hell with real time action. Also, the computers can seem to do micro-second adjustments to predictive patterns, but the frozen images change faster than the eye can see, or the mind can process. So we get played two ways.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. AmerickaNindza

AmerickaNindza Junior Expert

i don't think so. i noticed that since last patch flag has limit maybe 30 seconds then it resets alone. but thats still enough time to take it. i know becouse there was 1 time enemy player took flag, tryed to take it and circle the map. i killed him and i didnt reset flag cuz i was alone so i stayed there and protected until my player tryed to bring enemy flag. but as i was standing near flag reseted by her self

--MERGED--

yes, dont spend stuns while he is in robot mode. just follow him untill he is back in his natural state. unles dwarf is noob and his stats are low you can kill him while he is in robot mode,

Last edited by moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Unless it is a flag carrying build that ignores damage in favor of speed and HP... then you are going to have a tough time even when they go back to regular dwarf. Their Steam Conductor HP regen/speed boost paired with tactical turrets to refill steam will make them nearly invincible.

6. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Yes, I have witnessed this. There was a dwarf that couldn't be killed with all 5 of us banging on the guy. And finally when I looked at the score board, the dwarf has done almost no damage, so probably a pure defensive build. That is extremely hard to beat when running with a flag. Almost impossible I would say.

7. AmerickaNindza

AmerickaNindza Junior Expert

yep that's true. some of dwrfs are like hiting steel wall. if that's the case then i never go alone on him. i wait until i see atleast 1 more dot on map runing to him and attack him in duet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.