Suggestion PvP Matchmaking

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Rokurou, Aug 7, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokurou

Rokurou Forum Greenhorn

So i threw an idea about this game's matchmaking to a FB group yesterday, throwing it here today. Copied from facebook:

"Hello fellow DSO players, sharing a thought here, I want to see if it catches wind under its wings.
    So, today I wanted to reach (and I did, finally) 40/60 1v1 wins for the second costume. But the problems started when I had 37/60 wins. It took me over 2 hours to reach 40/60, even though I constantly went to duel and came out, repeat. Why? Because the duels took a long time to start (2-4min) and I kept facing players waaaaaaay out of my league. (People who killed me without any problems and who lost almost no hp when I hit them.) Also they had a lot higher pvp rank than my newb character. But not blaming the players, it almost already sounds like I do. I started to think EDIT is wrong with the matchmaking system of this game. I really don't know what it is based on and I gladly want to know.
    I started to think how it could be balanced. First, on what your enemies would be chosen from: there would be rank and CV. Rank doesn't tell everything, a character can be crazy good with bad rank, or not so good with good rank. Also I've heard that CV doesn't tell everything, but oh boy it gives a good direction. A player with e.g 20k CV against a player with 2x more? I'd bet on the 40k CV player.
    But if opponent requirements would be this eliminated the times of waiting for a match to start would reach skies. I was thinking how to fix this, and it's quite simple really imo. Make server-wide pvp. Players could play against other servers players (might be interesting for the best pvp players of the servers) and the pvp queues would be a lot shorter. Also there's no rewards from pvp leaderboards, so it wouldn't matter if pvp would be server-wide. Also, if they'd make pvp server-wide, leaderboards could stay untouched. Also this change would not touch open world pvp, it would stay per server.
    Simply put: server-wide pvp, opponents based on CV. Gains: Shorter pvp que times, more fair opponents. Also sometimes you keep facing the exact same opponent, who is way out of your league continuously, this change could prevent that too. I might post this to forums, but wanted to put it here first to see what people think about it."

So that's the post. What do you think about the idea? Also, I'm not completely sure about the CV part, and I'd like to get a confirmation from more experienced players, that can a match with players who have a high cap between their CV have a fairer match than players with almost similar CV?

Edit #1: Yellow text 7-8-17 11:37

Last edited by moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

You have a valid complaint. However I would like to point out that the current cv system is worthless on it's own. It does not give an accurate representation of your own toon let alone any kind of valid comparison between players.

And to use that for matchmaking would be a disaster. It could easily be manipulated in order to face weaker opponents all the time. (Unless of course some other strong player is doing the same :eek:)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

3. Rokurou

Rokurou Forum Greenhorn

Ah true I never thought that it can be abused. Like switching to bad items then switching them back, this would mean that items cant be changed in pvp, which I think can be a bad idea. But anyways if you're right about CV then it doesnt matter.

Then there should be some other way to measure who you will face, either some other way or reworked CV, right now I dont have any idea what the other measurement way could be. Or not to do anything to current pvp since it can get hard, but in my opinion it can't be left like this either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.