Dragan event

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Aydnie, May 30, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aydnie

Aydnie Forum Greenhorn

Hi,
    i just noticed that the achievements to kill dragan has been moved in legacy. Does that mean Dragan's events will stop occur ?
    There's still the achievements for the dragan's challenges so i'm a little bit confused about all this...

2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Dragan is apparently being reworked. r191 has converted some left over black pearls I had to red ones.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Aydnie likes this.
  3. SillySword

SillySword Regular

I would like to suggest adding Dragan and Black Widow into final bosses of Defeat the Undefeatable event. Let players have chance to get those uniques and achievements.

4. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Yeah, my cursed pearls got converted into empowered cursed pearls.:confused:
    Damn it! I liked playing on normal mode...:cool:

5. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I still have Cursed Pearls. My Cursed Pearls to the Damned are the ones that disappeared and turned into Empowered Cursed Pearls. Those were the shiny black ones vs the more dull flatter ones.

6. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

Soon we will post a FAQ about this event, but for now you don't need cursed pearls to the damned for anything. As you will see, Empowered Cursed Pearl are now used as key items for ALL difficulties. It is not a bug. It is intended ;)

Cheers,

7. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

so if the pearls got converted, we would have to use more pearls to enter depending on difficulty? i hope not

8. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I don't suppose my cursed pearls will turn into Empowered Cursed Pearls? I have a lot of them....Even if the trade off isn't one to one, it would be nice that they aren't wasted.

9. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

We were referring to the cursed pearls (of the damned) turning into empowered cursed pearls (of the damned), not the cursed pearls (of the farmer :D) :rolleyes:.

10. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

i hope developers will do somthing about sargon amulet quest because i dont want to reach 100 years old playing this game to finish the 999 kill quest

11. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I read through the update and it sounds like the two changes are more grind and selling things. I don't remember players asking for it to be harder to get to bosses or removing the ability to get guaranteed cursed pearls.

12. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

You are right, noone ever asked to remove them but I was pretty sure it was really hard to get em while playing solo/witouth a tank, I remeber it was a repetitive Heredur farming (just occasionally Sargon when you had the right tank) and you needed a lot more pearls (while now you need just 1 pearl per group back then, everyone had to use its own pearl).

So, if you are a lonely wolf, you will have the chance to get those empowered pearls farming the map/difficult that fits you the most, if you are in Group, farm for the higher mod/map to get as many pearls as possible per run (up to 5 entrance every run).
    IMHO it's not worse than before.

The main problem will be Dragan itself... before it was excruciatin' the highest mod and it was pretty hard to be handled, now you have infernal 1 and all the Group has to enter the room...

13. Rhysingstar

Some of us play on the ghost town server where finding good active groups is not always the easiest thing. When those of us were strong enough to go solo, this made playing the game easier. Through all the Dragan events to date, soloing hasn't been an issue. They have repeatedly added more grind, lowered rewards, removed or changed gear drops, and basically stopped everyone from asking for this event.

Go back a year or so, here on the forum and on facebook players were begging every week or so Dragan to start. Remember that?

I don't so much have an issue with the game transitioning into a real mmo where grouping is encouraged, but of course DSO cannot do anything the correct way, so they poorly implement various punishments and still force us to group.

This is why in their infinite wisdom they lower crit from the hardest levels.

For years it was possible for a DK to go 2H in pve, but the dev's have some grand scheme in their heads to ruin that. They are forcing every single DK to be a 1h aggro spamming waste of a character so that ranged characters get to have all the fun.

If I wanted a game that only required me to use 1 skill all the time, I could play Pong.

There are far better ways to encourage group play. Forcing it only frustrates players. Forcing it and then nerfing the rewards is even worse.

Can you honestly say that this latest incarnation of the Dragan event is going to be the best? Of course not. Anyone who has been around long enough knows that this was once a good event, not great like Sargon, but good.

At least in the past the gear was game changing. Now at best you have to combine it with something else to make it useful and even then it still isn't game changing.

14. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Which leads me to think you haven't even tried, I'm sorry, but I ran out of patience and said "duck it, I'll re-farm and re-craft later" and transferred some my old average L50 items into average PW uniques, that and a few average jewelry craftings at L55, and it was game changing for me.

I'm wondering..., you complain about being "forced to play 1H and spam aggro skill", and at the same time you complain that "Tegan is a ghost town and there's no active groups", can you please decide?, if you can't find any groups do you aggro spam for yourself?, if you can't find any groups, shouldn't you be trying to play 2H solo and having all the fun?

Also, about the "groups demanding a 1H spammer DK", I personally dislike having 1H aggro spammers on the dungeons, I'd rather have us all go on DPS or balanced builds to reach the boss faster, and when the boss fight comes, one asks for a tank for mere convenience for everyone, it'll make easier for ranged damage dealers to manage their highest DPS combos instead of having to hit and run while the DK will have even more trouble with fast bosses and will end up deploying fury of the dragon on an empty spot or smashing the ground, tactics they're called.

15. Rhysingstar

Maybe you have forgotten when some sets such as the Warlord were good all by themselves. They didn't need to be crafted and combined and so forth. You spent the time farming for it and moved onto to other items.

Now, nothing in and of itself is good enough. On top of that, the dev's are going out of their way to make it harder beyond the farming itself. Tier 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, where does it end?

Why are these two statements confusing to you? Tegan is a ghost town compared to what it was, no one on that server would argue this point if they have been playing on it for more than day.

Second, how many 2H DK's have you seen asked for end boss groups? My guess would be none.

Of course you do not need a 1h tank for dungeons, there are zero monsters in a dungeon that need tanked.

However, prior to the last couple of releases it was entirely possible for a 2H DK to go up against any of the Fatal bosses. Do you see a lot of that now? My guess would be no. Certainly not solo like they used to.

I do, but unlike many other players, my suggestions aren't all about me.

If you started a brand new DK today, would you even bother to try building a worthy 2H? Of course not, because there is no point. If you want to do boss runs where the only somewhat decent gear comes from, you are forced to be a 1h aggro spamming robot.

Again, prior to the latest game changing update, there wasn't a single boss in the entire game that could not be done 2 handed. Plenty of youtube videos out there showing it if you've not seen it before.

Is that true today? Of course not.

16. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

That's your perception, or maybe you're just aiming wrong for yourself, my guildmates are using non-crafted T3-T4 unique items mixed with legendary crafted or dropped items to decent success and the vast majority of them are F2P.

This is yet again a matter of bad coordination and communication, you can perfectly state "I'll go 2H throughout the map and I'll switch to 1H when we are about to enter the boss room", most people will understand an accept if they have half a brain, since as you said, there are zero monsters in a dungeon that need tanking, if your group knows how to play.

So, you're trying to tell me all clases can go fatal solo and a DK can't?, the fact videos from other than DK class soloing fatal bosses have exploded thanks to the content expansion doesn't mean the DK can't do it anymore.

I'll quote myself for this one:

Doable with a 2H DK in the group instead of a tank?, yes it is, inconvenient and more problematic to handle?, yes, inefficient?, yes, takes longer?, yes to that too, just because of the simple fact the everyone will be doing hit and run, DK included, instead of building combos, SM would be forced out of the range of its turrets and won't be able to support itself nor others with Teslas, SW would be forced out of their singularity area which is reducing its cooldowns, RA won't be able to get close to use deadly blow and will have it's summons killed faster, boss will run out of the area of your banner of war, fury of the dragon etc., while chasing others, try it and see for yourself, no one is forcing you, again, it's purely tactical.

No, I haven't, but for Agathon's sake, move on, maybe you saw @Kohn_Hamper thread about tank stats, his items are not perfect crafts, no full yellow lines, and above all, only pauldrons for the Warlord set, you and many others are so stubborn about those legacy sets that forget and overlook the massive potential that core crafting has put into the table, slow?, yes again, grindy?, a little bit, but the results are 10x times better than what we had at L50, since you seem to surf YouTube in search for DSO videos, you might have noticed numbers and builds that we've never seen before in DSO.

Also you fail to remember as well how a lot of people struggled for months to get a particular unique item and walked out empty handed every single time, now you just need to farm MF or Draken, do one kamikaze run to the boss and ta-da!, you got it, and if they were being used as they were back in L50, what leads you to say "they aren't good enough as they are" now that they got both increased stats, base stats, and the possibility of transfer craft into them added?

All in all, your perceived state of the game doesn't quite match with what we're seeing, yes, there's a damn lot of negative things, but you're just being septic about every single thing lately, no matter what they do you will always have something toxic to say?, what I do remember is when your posts were constructively backed up despite being negative feedback, have a nice day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.