Feedback Test Server - Map Access Refactoring

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Sunlight, Jul 21, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Dear heroes of Dracania,

During this weekend you will be able to
    test out our refactoring of the map access on our testserver. You are welcome to report all your thoughts and input on this forum thread.

Kind regards,
    Your Drakensang Community Team

Demon likes this.
  2. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I'm not understanding what you mean by refactoring, I googled it and all I am getting is be able to change the existing computer code. Is that how its works? So the ones that can't code should just leave it alone?

3. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

What exactly will you change? I don't understand... Can you simplify this for us non-testers?

4. We have been asked to keep the details confidential for now. Essentially, it is to do with group-play on maps. Sorry, but we cannot say more than that until BP gives the green light.

Syzzer and Sunlight like this.
  5. Grizzles1

Grizzles1 Forum Apprentice

How do we give feedback on this if we have no idea what you're talking about.

6. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

They have rewritten the code for map access and they want to test if players feel any difference between the new code and the old code. That is the reason they don't want to share with us what has changed, so that you wont think about it.

7. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Dear heroes of Dracania,

Thank-you for your comments.
    We recognise the very limited information that we gave you. That's why we are testing the refactoring again so soon as possible (we will announce it in the forums).

In the future tests, please, take special attention to the following topics:

Please focus on these scenarios when playing on our Testserver (especially the Parallel Worlds).

Use Cases
    Single player (re)enters the map via map exit / travel stone
    Single player uses teleport item to enter the map
    Single player reenters the map after disconnect
    Single player reenters after logout/character screen
    Single player joins a group while the group is on the same map (other instance)
    Whole group (re)enters same map via map exit / travel stone
    Whole group uses teleport items to enter the map
    Some group members
    Group together disconnect
    Group together logout / character screen
    Group disbands / kick members
    Kick members
    Player leaves group

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.