Healing Orbs

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Dragonnns, Apr 12, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I looked through the wiki and on the forum but couldn't find an article addressing my question.

I've noticed that when I need healing and run through a healing orb, that I see a number in green indicating the HP that I've recovered. I never paid strong attention to that number but I've noticed that it varies.

For example, one character of mine started in Ravencaw and was getting 699 HP back. Half way through "clearing" Ravencaw, that number changed to 700. Later that day, after taking a break, I went back in and the number was 675. Today, that number is 682. There was no change in armor, resistance, etc.

Any idea what the HP regeneration is based on?

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I think it is like universal potions ... it is %
    Minor orbs heal something like 20% of your HP and the powerful 100% of your HP.

Melethainiel likes this.
  3. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

And if my HP hasn't changed since the beginning of the run, nor from day one to day two, why would the numbers be so different? I didn't think the orbs were a random percentage but maybe they are?

4. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I think there is a buff from getting items and breaking barrels. I failed to check if it changes you hp. There is a pet that is 5% hp and food that gives hp. You should have received 5 food buffs from completing one of the spoiled egg quests.

5. trakilaki

Many factors are affecting your HP: buffs, pets, your gear ......

6. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

No buffs, same pet. Color me confused! I'll just run with it. :D

7. trakilaki

I think there are three types of healing orbs: minor, normal and powerful.

8. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Yeah. I think I must just have had some kind of unknown, temporary buff (maybe from breaking open a barrel?) to change the number. These were all minor healing orbs.

I did do the stats and it seems that the minor healing orb returns 19.97% of your HP. It might be a rounding issue to not get quite 20%. I didn't try the other orbs.

9. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Lol I tested it also. When 20% is a hole number you get 1 less hp.
    Thankx Dragoons I would have never batted an eye but it is nice to know.

10. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Since we're talking orbs, wouldn't it be nice to only take as much as you need instead of everything in an area? What I'm saying is:

If you're missing 1000HP and there are 5 powerful orbs clumped together, you take them all when only one would do the trick.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  11. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Plus 1 to that! Especially when I know I'm about to take more damage and need to heal a little but don't want to waste all of the orbs lying around.

12. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Ha, i'd like to have a little bag I can drop a few of the many left laying around into to use whenever I want:D. Oh wait that's called a Health pot.:rolleyes: Nevermind

_Baragain_ likes this.
  13. Trailboss1

Trailboss1 Forum Mogul

Wow, Trakilaki, it sounds like....you don't know. Is that possible? :oops:

Seriously though, there's only 2 kinds of healing orbs from monsters, regular and powerful. There is something that's making the amount healed vary. BUt, like a few others posted, there's pets, buffs, barrels, etc....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.