Questions / Feedback for Defeat_the_Undefeatables_IX

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Guitarman, May 14, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

I have opened the gold chest the 1st time for this event and I did not get the gem....I have opened it the last round.

It seems to be random as some team members who participated this event got both pet and gem.

At Wikia page, me + 2 other players experienced the same problem, any clarifications pls Mods ? or is this a "ticketable" issue ?

2. This has been reported through numerous sources. The team did a little investigating yesterday and will continue looking into this on Monday. Personally, I believe that it is due to whatever flag is tripped indicating if it is your first one opened did not reset after the last DtU event. What I am less sure about is if this is intended or not and now we find ourselves looking at a familiar situation... waiting on word from the developer team. We'll let you know what they discover.

Guitarman likes this.
  3. RichMan

RichMan Active Author

Is it normal that i wasted 1k frags on this event and didnt got the last part for the pet and i didnt saw ANY gold chest in all these runs ?

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It is a bug.

5. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

I believe that I am one of the rare lightning built sw in Tegan and with one 2% mana gem in, I can smoothly execute 3 lightning blast on full mana of 137. Should I add one slot to make it 4% or combined it to make it 3% ?

The mana requirement reductions seems to be very minimal but at times the fractions of .secs might be helpful... any suggestions ?

6. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I don't know your attack speed, so I don't know how much mana you'd have leftover after 3 strikes from full, but with a skill that costs 50 mana per hit, you essentially "gain" 0.5 mana per 1%. So if you go from your 2% -> 3%, that's 1.5 extra mana. Then from 2% -> 4% that's an extra 3 mana.

It's your call, but tbh, unless you're going to dedicate to building your mana pool and running around as non-dps based sw, it's not worthwhile adding extra slots for the peridot. You probably won't even notice a difference at all.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That is just normal DSO type bad luck.

8. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

Thanks. Am @ 2.00 and 3 strikes just empties it..... . . . and i know it is kinda hard to to notice the gaming difference ... might have to wait for the Medusa pet part sale to know ... lets see what happens as time goes by

9. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Correct me if I'm wrong: You use 1 solstice star and warlord set for the 137 (136.5) mana and don't have any passive mana regeneration boosting items/talents. This means, you probably have a small gap between your 2nd and 3rd lightning strikes. From experience, the gap might not even be noticeable if you are lagging.

If those assumptions are correct, the medusa pet would fix that for you as long as you use at least 1 peridot.

10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That could be dependent on attack speed a little though.

11. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

Yes on the star but uses the 25mana talent.
    No gaps between the 2nd and 3rd.

and yes, the gap might came up, especially if I shift to the next breakpoint at around 2.3 . . .I guess I will wait for the pet sale and stockup anders for sapphire upgrades in the mean time

Thanks guys

12. shovan

shovan Forum Apprentice

So after 800 fragements with my mage i got this
    [​IMG]
    and i thrown away 3 more same parts because i needed place in inventory

and with my war
    after spending 700 Fragments
    [​IMG]
    thrown away 2 parts here

And after 350 + runs For Beararch Fatal i still have not got the set . And after too much time spending on this game i think its getting boring when ever i go to arena i get people with the parallel world sets ( mostly all of them ) . They may have done extrem farming or paying or just have extrem good luck which i dont have. Its getting too much for me the time i spend here should have spend in real life because there i wont be disappoint so much its time to take a long break ...

13. trakilaki

Guitarman don't waste your time with Peridots as they are pure crap.

Hyean likes this.
  14. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Your pictures are not coming through.

15. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

I only saw 1 golden chest and never got a gem from it either. what im more disappointed about though is how poor the gem you craft from 3 jewel of rages is

16. trakilaki

Yes it is ... but who knows ... maybe this event is becoming another moon event (monthly) and maybe they will add another tier for that gem (which I doubt) .

17. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

keep on the good work DSO..... 1300 frag wasted+20k andermant buying keys and no pet...its obvious this is a project to waste our fragments to start events frag base entry..then your ultimate goal is players start buying events passes with andermant (creditcards) PAY TO PLAY...im very pissed from this situation ...at least if u (EDIT) care about your costumers give them back of what they paying for

18. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Oh well, let's talk about balance.

A few weeks ago we had the Invasion on the RCC event, and I was very satisfied by the end of it because, for once, the developers made a very good job balancing the requirements for the event, playing smart and planning ahead proved very useful on saving resources and getting the rewards, it was grindy, yes, but at the end I didn't feel ransacked on my resources, and why I use this as an example comes next:

In this Defeat the Undefeatables event, I do feel ransacked, the entry cost might be okay if the reward's mechanism worked different, after 25 straight runs in the hard mode, I saw only one golden chest, and of course, my progression bar was complete by this point, so this means that if you want to chase for the pet, you gotta do extra runs hunting for golden chests, right?, because let's be honest, the drop rate for pet parts in normal chests is..., very bad..., so then, how many more runs?, well, according to some people in these forums:
    Not a lot more has been said, but I'd like to hear from more people's experience with their hunt for the pet parts, but so far, it seems broken, I know it has to be hard to earn, but too much is too much, and the pets are not uber powerful to be this costly to get, specially Bearach's doll, which is outclassed easily by the Green Raptor and 5k gold is easier to get than 900-1500 RF thanks to the Parallel World, of course there might be exagerations or inflated numbers from some people, but I'm 100% sure I used ~900+ to get my Bearach doll, which I'm not even using.

And speaking about rewards, it's nice to have an event like this repeating itself every now and then, the drops in the hard mode are decent, specially gem wise, but, if we get this event 3-4 times a year, am I gonna get the same costume 3-4 times a year?, I'd like to see different costumes thrown into the possible rewards in different iterations of the event, and maybe the cloak could skip an event and come back in the next one?, if we're being honest this cloak is not as powerful to need to be updated too often by people just developing their toons, I'd rather see it replaced with another reward every now and then.

19. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I think I got all 4 pet parts on the same run as I got to 3800 insignia (and on my last run, as I was out of realm frags) on my dwarf.

On my DK, I got to 2600 or so insignia before I gave up, and I think I only got 1 or 2 parts.

20. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I enjoyed this event. Since I was not playing this game for the others this was my first DtU. I played 7 chars to the end of the progress bar and ended up with pets on four of them (3/4 on the others.) I did not do any extra runs once the progress was completed.

Yes, I did spend a lot of anders to do this. Can't say how much because I do not keep track :D Obviously the pet thing was designed to get players to spend. I do feel the other rewards from the chests were quite good when compared to an equal cost of amphorae keys for other events. I did not open more than one gold chest after a few on my first toon. Even though they had a "100% chance of getting a pet part" (which did not prove to be true) the second part I got was the same as one I already had. The gold chests turned out to be a wast of keys just like the "More" Festive Amphorae.

I should point out that my desire for the pets was more aesthetic than practical. The animation of these cracks me up. After I got the first one I was delighted that their actions immediately made me flash back to their namesake (not the Bearach part but the the other inspired by the A.A. Milne character.) Imho the best animation of any pet to date from the design team.

My practical motivation for this event was the rage jewel. I have a few toons with 3 of these equipped. Getting a fourth allowed me to mash 3 together keeping the the same attack speed bonus and freeing up a gem slot.

As for the costume after all these years I have got way used to tossing duplicate costumes and I'll just fall back on it's good for new players to have a chance to get it. even if a different costume was added it is very likely it would be another one I already have.

The cloak seems fairly useless. Most of my main toons use the Cloak of Gloom (renamed Darkness) or one of the tiers of the Warlord. I agree that the cloak reward should be changed up from time to time since this event seems to be a regular now.

Overall I give this event a thumbs up. This may be an inflated rating simply due to the events I played since returning to the game in February. (btw, what ever happened to the last less than Stellar event lottery?)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.