Client doesn't match server 38

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by RKmeldor, Mar 8, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKmeldor

RKmeldor Forum Apprentice

I just logged in a few minutes ago and it asked me to re-install the client. It went through the process I went through to install first time. Then when I logged in i got prompted to pick a server I picked the first USA server and then message came up saying my client did not match server level 38 and stopped right there. Not sure what i need to do to fix this, any help would be appreciated. thank you (correction error code 35)

Robby

---MERGED---

UPDATE: I tried uninstalling the application, and reinstalled as if I was brand new. I did a successful install, and when I logged in it prompted me for a newer version of the client. I installed the update (which was very similar to the install) and I returned to the original error message code 35... Strange thing is I get logged in and pick server before error occurs

Last edited by moderator: Mar 8, 2017
  2. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello, @RKmeldor , please use the edit button when you need to add something to your original post, since double posting is against the forum rules, also, please use the "search" function before starting a new thread, there's a handful of posts providing solutions to the error you're experiencing, like this.

Regarding your issue, please try to Clean your DSO cache folder following the steps provided in the link, and let us know the outcome.

3. RKmeldor

RKmeldor Forum Apprentice

Thank you Erebus for your guidance about etiquette, here on the forums, and guess I need to work on my searches, I thought I had tried most everything but will try harder next time. I did figure out my problem last time adding -stable to my desktop link when I needed to force a patch, but when this didn't work and reinstall didn't work, got stuck. As a recent migrant from Lotro, maybe i developed some bad hobbit habits :) Love your game, appreciate you and your support team, only been here two months, think I'll stay a while. Kinda hoping I will someday get out of feeling stuck going no further than Path of fire, but that's something for another day. ... but yes the secret fix of deleting everything in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\DSOClient worked like a charm, though it did require a reboot to clear up a few locked files. HAVE A GREAT ONE

4. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello again, @RKmeldor , since the issue was successfully tackled, I'll proceed to close the thread.

Thank you for your kind words, and welcome again to our lovely Dracanian lands, makes me very happy to read about your enthusiasm about the game, and of course to be able to help you out, enjoy your adventures and have a great one too! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.