Soul Cores

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SillySword, Sep 11, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SillySword

SillySword Regular

Another thing about PW boss. I recently get SOUL cores twice from painful Mortis, not Solid cores. Is that normal?

Thanks!

2. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @SillySword ,

It shouldn't happen that.
    According to the tooltip, you should receive Solid Cores in Painful mode, not Soul Cores.
    We'll back to you whenever we get an answer for that.
    Cheers,

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Consider yourself lucky ... because Soul cores are harder to get.
    In my reasoning it is normal to get either soul or solid cores in any difficulty ... and here is why:
    In all other dungeons you can get either elemental or solid cores plus you can get Pristine cores in Infernal by doing the quest ... in same run.
    Q6 has no Pristine cores ... on top of that it has no quest ... so you can't get Soul cores from the quest + solid cores from the drop in same run.
    Therefore getting Soul cores in all difficulties is reasonable ... besides the drop chance to get them is much lower than the chance to get Solid cores. So ... you would get much more Solid cores than Soul cores anyway.
    If this wasn't the case some players would have to only buy Soul cores since they could almost never get them from the drop and there is no quest to get granted amount of Soul cores + Solid cores from the drop ... like it is the case with Pristine cores.

Morinphen likes this.
  4. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

I agree that it should be corrected the tooltip on the PW possible drops description and not vice-versa otherwise, farming Soul cores would be basically impossibile.
    Mortis it's already one of the longest (if not the longest) PW and you need impressive amount of soul cores.

5. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Normal? Well who knows yesterday's normal is tomorrow's unintended action in this game. As for me I consider this normal. In the current iteration of PW Mortis has been dropping soul cores from time to time as long as I can remember.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

6. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

I had the same question but i thought it was intentional. This is a thing many rels now..

[image removed]

Last edited by moderator: Sep 12, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.