disconection

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by fuzball15, Nov 5, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzball15

fuzball15 Someday Author

since update im getting disconected every 1 min or so i have cleaned temp folders and still no use i have deleted game and reinstalled game and this doint work eather i have tryed windows system repair and also sent a ticket to support 6 hours ago without any reply yet some help in this matter would be great

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

What kind of disconnection?
    You don't delete files and clean folders and repair OS because of disconnection ... you fix your connection.
    By the way it sounds ... looks like you have issues with your connection.

3. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

it happening to me aswell connection lost and it not my internet connection its the server (tegan) fail

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  4. Cantab

Cantab Forum Apprentice

Same thing for me, was in Creepy Castle about to enter Dungeon of Despair, rubberbanding all over the map, ping was up to 6500 when normally sits at 140, then in frustration at not being able to move on, i restart and of course can't login again, pinging the tegan server times out, so looks like the server itself is unavailable.

5. xxxVenom

xxxVenom Forum Apprentice

same here, got disconnected quite a few times "out of the blue" .. since an hour or so I can't log in back.. when I go to main page, where I can put my name and password in and confirm that, it even takes me to a Heredur account (a new account, where I can setup new char). I'd like to submit a ticket to support, but I don't get the chance to go to that page where I find my ID. All other websites on this browser and other browsers are fine, internet connection is fine (and yes, I clean my caches and files and stuff). My last indicator figure I saw on my game was around 140.

Hence, it's the server, since I'm not the only one with that problem..
    Hope it gets fixed soon and we get some time added onto our mini-event time!!
    It's slowly but surely a little annoying, either it's maintenance during events or a server dies or whatever :mad:

Pinged the Tegan Server:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  6. Kiwigal1244

Kiwigal1244 Active Author

Nope... it is definitely a game problem, Disconnections are frequent and annoying as we waste remedy and teleport portal, also happens when entering into another map.

7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It may be server issue ... you won't know until you test it.
    No matter if it is an issue at your or server end ... you don't delete files and re-installing the game for connection issues.

8. fuzball15

fuzball15 Someday Author

funny that traki thats what the admin told me to do wonder if she is telling me lies after all you think thats not the problem

9. bennfros

bennfros Someday Author

Lately disconection happens more often, it wasn't so important since earlier was like 2-3 crash/disconect per week, but now it happens 2-3 times per day and nothing changed after the last hotfix, maybe more disconect then crashes.

Grimmag server

10. 1) Kindly do not discuss Support tickets here in the forum, and
    2) Kindly do not lie about the content of said Support tickets. The reply you were given verbatim:

There are a few things you can do to help minimise lag/instability:
    1) shut down all unnecessary resource-hungry applications when running DSO
    2) avoid downloading/updating applications when running DSO
    3) clear your cookies and cache
    4) use "Settings" in the DSO game to reduce the graphics settings
    5) scan your computer for viruses and other malware
    6) ensure that your graphics driver, codec and DirectX versions are the latest for your system

It'd also be a good idea to run a speed test on your internet connection when you are experiencing extreme lag/instability and run a ping test between your computer and the DSO server that you are accessing.

The lag/stability issues *could* be BP/server side, but we have not been inundated with such reports. It would pay for you to check your computer system + internet connection very carefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.