Making ranger better in farming

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by HunnyBunny, Mar 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HunnyBunny

HunnyBunny Forum Greenhorn

I think i have an idea that will fix the ranger farming problem, maybe for the hunting arrow shot (the green one) add a toggle to it so when you hit a target it breakes into splinters and marks everything within a few meters behind it or something but reduces the hunting arrow damage by 25-50%?

2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I just gotta ask :D... what Ranger farming problem? o_O

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

3. HunnyBunny

HunnyBunny Forum Greenhorn

people are complaining about them because they cant handle large group of mobs (10+)

4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Hmmm... I just did a full Q1 PW solo for both my 10 refiners daily and a start on this month's leaderboard (btw, disregard my avatar here my main is actually an RA.) So I guess you must mean mobs somewhere else. I sure hope I do not run into those :eek:

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

5. tothmartin5

tothmartin5 Forum Greenhorn

I would implement a damage multiplier on PVE ONLY!!! for
    Ranger:
    +60% damage
    Mages
    + 30% damage
    maybe also for Warrior:
    +20% damage

to balance a bit. My class is warrior :)

Ranger and mages are disliked on pve especially on lvl3-4 bosses. For DSO we have to pay enough. If a tank invite them an not dwarfs mean to spend even more money and waste ressources and time. The amount can be so high that this will lead very soon to hate rangers and mages on pve and put on blacklist...

6. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

There is just one ranger farming problem: find a team.

Most of the players (Heredur server) just ignore rangers if they aren't guild mates / friends.

People just look for dwarves and tank, sometime mages, because they think that rangers are noob (i don't know why... ) so, taking into account that we cannot mind control people (we could, if we were ILLUMINATI!), BP should give us something to be wanted in a team.

One could be "when in a team, explosive arrows can reduce bosses' armor by 10% for 3 sec" (just wondering... that wouldn't be implemented, because of herald set and 5 pt talent on net)

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

How about not. A well built RA is way more powerful than a DK, way more durable than a Spellweaver. The only class that seriously needs any major adjustment is the Steam Mech because of their ability to ignore crit and crit damage; two factors that seriously hurt all three other classes in this latest release, but didn't even phase SMs.

8. ImmortalDeath

ImmortalDeath Junior Expert

Totally agree (I'm a ranger)with your comments, except:

At lvl55 right now it is incredibly hard to get back to 80% critrate and maintain a decent amount of crit dmg and speed. On the flip side, we get more health and its easier to get armor, resistance, and base dmg, this applies to every other class, so it doesnt count for anything. Combine that with :
    1. the royal sapphire/rune speed problem (people who had royals already are waaay more powerful and much faster) and
    2. the time it takes to mark an enemy (without mark RA is useless and besides, thats the point of the RA) is very reliant on speed, in turn makes nonbuyer RAs incredibly low dps and further dispels the myth of burst dmg being good enough for RA. (no decent crowd stun, nerfed EA makes crowd armor break much weaker than singularity, no survival ability like dragonhide/iron dwarf to do another burst)
    and 3. uniques have been geared towards DK for a loooong time and they still are, to a point.

So basically, all the complicated buffs between stun, EA, crits, and whatever burst combo that was somehow keeping RA afloat are gone. PVP is hell for RAs, especially with dueling being dominated by DKs and SMs being better at 5v5....

OFC, unless you buy a ton, and have unlimited time 24/7 for every single event and mini event... and do i really have to talk about the essence consumption problem??!!!

side note, in your post you said "phase" but you meant "faze"... ;)

_Baragain_ likes this.
  9. xXxTroublexXx

xXxTroublexXx Forum Apprentice

another so unnecessary tread. Well I want to be better at everything with all my toons (4 different classes) as well. You know what: just make me 1hit everything with the most basic skill, that should do the tric. :eek::eek::eek::eek: Everytime this kind of tread appears. Pff. Mods, please add some kind of spamfilter for this kind of treads I'm realy getting tired of it.

What problem? I mean, to search group and get invited into groups, other things need to be made like a groupbonus for diversity of classes. If you play solo, there is no problem. Simply buffing one class because you play it is no good idea.

Good and bad concept. Good because you get something powerfull, but also lose something, I like the concept. Bad: hunting Arrow isn't used to deal damage, only to mark, so actualy: where is the lose side?

Would it be a good idea to split pve completely from pvp with other skills and buff and whatever? That seems to be a question worth discussing. What you write here ain't. You are actualy saying: make the game more fair by introducing unfairness:eek:. Why, realy why? Giving buffs based on class is one of the worst ideas ever. Every class has it's pro's and con's, learn to live with it.

ow, so net can't stunn a crowd? the thornthing ain't good enough to control crowd? EA is spammable, try to also look at the unique pro abilities of your skills. The immuneskill complain again: not all classes are equal, where are the slow higherdmg 1h weapons for dwarf/dk/mage, where is the offensive offhand for dk? Again: not al classes are the same, live with it, that's the beauty of the game.

Ow, the game changes, but you expect to play exactly like before, but it won't work well. Strange, stange, strange, ... It's time to adjust for everyone. How did you play your RA before you had 80% critrate? I mean, I never fully reached the 80% and I started with 0% you know. I didn't wake up one day and BAM I had over 50%, no I worked for it and changed my style from time to time as my char progressed. You know it's the same for war, before maybe you could tank every llv 50 boss and now all stats are down and tanks actualy have to move during boss fights for the first time in a year. It ain't a bad thing, you just need to adjust.
    About the pvp: well yes, when your crit goes down, spamming EA and hoping for kills ain't gonna work that well as before especially with the overall increased def stats. Again, try to adjust, try something else, maybe a skill you didn't use in the past 2 years.

Just for everyone who is going to post a similar tread: try to think about stuff and actualy post something we can discuss. For example to solve the "ranger problem" of not finding groups, don't make tread with title "ranger problem" or whatever, make it "groupdiversity" or something like that. That tread would incorporate the "ranger probelm" you think about, but is so much wider you can actualy do something with it.

Good game and good luck to everyone.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

1H DKs, yes.
    2H DKs get slaughtered by talented RAs. I had 10 fights last night while doing my daily for the gem refiners (7 wins). Of those, the only three I lost were to one OP RA who blade danced around the map and had run speed that would make Usain Bolt jealous and chipped away my HP with untalentedly unaimed scatter shots.

11. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

The way i see it, rangers have 3 main problems right now.First is that no one really invites them to a group, especially for infernal mode unless you are an OP ranger (by OP i really mean OP as hell and even so it will be hard to get a party invite), or if u are a friend of someone from the party.Same this is happening to SWs recently for infernal modes mostly.Everyone wants dwarfs and only dwarfs lol.

Second problem is the essence consumption.We all know that the essence drops were drastically reduced everywhere and so was the ander, so pretty soon, rangers and SWs will have to buy most of the essence if they want to farm.You cant really farm ander anymore so only way to farm for these 2 classes will be to pay for essence.On a infernal run a ranger or SW will use 3-4 times the essence a dwarf would which makes it very expensive to play these 2 classes.Will get more expensive in the future if some changes wont be made regarding essence drops/essence consumption for certain classes.

Third is solo farming.It takes a lot of time to farm a map with a ranger or SW.The dogs/guardian didnt get any strenght boost and those abilities are useless when farming modes with higher difficulty.The dogs/guardian are like 1hit by mobs on infernal.These 2 skills right now are only wasted mana/concentration points on infernal modes.The only way to fix this solo farm issue is by giving the rangers/SWs and even warriors some uniques with some OP skills that would work only on PVE so that they would keep up with dwarfs and also fix the party system at the same time.

ImmortalDeath likes this.
  12. lewcar

lewcar Padavan

Some viable changes I can suggest: Traps mark area x1.5; Net area x2; add 2 seconds to all mark; give precision arrow wider hit space like fireball; reduce explode arrow concentration cost; double hp of wolves&tree to help us tank

13. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Aye, some other good ideas, make scatter shot a barrage of explosive arrows instead, 6 or 7 would be viable for the area it covers, and make the area of explosion as big as a banner of war for each, viable too, make the wolves/tree invulnerable and give 'em taunt, viable!, make E.A. cost like 5 concentration to keep it viable too, trap x1.5 size would be too small, similar area as banner of war would be viable too, precision shot should be a volley of arrows too, sounds more viable...

[Sarcasm Off]

At least try to come up with decent ideas, by asking for buffs just for the sake of it, you aren't helping, you're esentially asking for trap to be frost nova, net to be frozen wind, P.S. to be like fireball, making your best burst damage/armor breaking skill (more) spammable and turn your pets into something like the guardian..., go play a SW instead.

14. lewcar

lewcar Padavan

Well it's no secret RA lack the AoE potential of the other classes and is one of the main reasons they're less likely to be invited to groups.
    Your hyperbole was amusing but unwarranted. Ok maybe EA and precision shot buffs were going too far, but most of my points were about improving marking ability which indirectly improves AoE without altering any actual damaging abilities.

15. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

RAs (and SWs) are strong, the problem is SMs that are stronger...

16. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Which is why, despite playing a SW, I've been an advocate of Ranger improvements since I joined the forums, but we gotta remember that PvP has a very delicate and already quite broken balance, whenever we suggest or ask for changes to one class we always need to bear PvP in mind, you should know about it since you're in the top 10 of the leaderboards, and because whether some of us like it or not, it's part of the game and we'll all end up playing through it for clovers.

Essence usage mitigation would be a good change, for a start, we've been asking for it for years now, specially for RAs, but when they tried to adress this, they increased the dwarf essence usage instead, because BigPoint...

Also yes, AoE skills are a big issue for RAs, but EA isn't the ideal skill to meddle with, because if you increase de AoE mindlessly, it'll be a nightmare in PvP, even for yourselves when facing other RAs, imagine an almost visible, fast traveling projectile, having armor breaking-high burst damage massive explosion at the end of it.

Something that appears more viable to me (just a personal opinion), would be giving the thorns armor break instead of that silly poison effect, and of course keep the slow-down, maybe it's not quite an area skill, but you could clear the mobs inside the thorns' path faster, and it's a skill that's hardly used and easy to avoid in PvP (just like singularity). If not, maybe increasing the duration of EA's armor break for PvE and for PvE only could help a little bit too, both for solo and grouped RA's.

Anyway, take those with a grain of salt, I play a SW after all, there's been and there are expert RAs around here willing to give excellent suggestions, but still wanted to give my two cents, regards.

17. Ren_Alanera

Ren_Alanera Someday Author

I don't think that rangers (I am one too) need such a big tweak.
    They need just something that can help all the group against bosses, we are already a big help in clearing the maps.

In the italian forum we propose an armor breaker against bosses, not the full 85% breaker of the explosive arrow, even a 10%-20% breaker against bosses (like Heredur or Grimmag) would give a reason to have at least one ranger in the group.
    The idea passed but no official response.
    It is a simple idea, and not pvp affecting.

I report it here, maybe we can make a big commotion and let them hear us.

And they can give mages a group skill, like when they cast singularity, all the team can enter and benefit of the skill cooldown time reduction.

They are small changes, I repeat, not affecting pvp (the mage's one maybe a little bit).

I hope to read your comment.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.