Suggestion Remove gem converters from Daily Quest rewards ...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by dkarl, Apr 11, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

... for those of us who have converted all of their old-style gems to Gems of Qaizah.

My now-Level 54 Ranger was still a fairly fresh-faced Lvl50 RA when R185 hit. I only had Polished gems, no Raidant or above. So, a week or so ago I finished converting all of the gems in my equipment. And today (before the game day change) I converted the remaining smaller old-style gems stuck in gem-holders.

I have absolutely no need for gem converters. Yet, they still take up one of the overall Daily Quest progress rewards, and both of the 3rd level Daily Quests rewards in columns 1 and 2 (I don't do the PVP DQs, so don't know if completion of the 3rd quest in that list is also rewarded with 10 gem converters).

So, in the current system, instead of getting 10 gold (going by memory here; maybe it was even more?) for the 3rd quest in the first column, I get 10 gem converters which are worth a total of 40 silver ... that's a 96% reduction in value.

Nor do I get red essence in the middle column which I can only otherwise receive from gambling at the jesters. But, oh, I have less gold each day now with which to gamble.

Unless maybe the idea all along was for me to spend 40 andermant to switch the Daily Quests?

-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

If for some reason I end up in a lower level dungeon and drop an old-style gem, then you can re-enable gem converters as a Daily Quest reward, until I convert, sell, or discard that old-style gem.

This assumes you're already tracking or could easily track my gem count by type, and consult that when I first log in for the day to determine what kinds of Daily Quests I might receive and what the rewards should be.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. Galvard

Galvard Forum Mogul

You can still buy old gems and convert them.

BlackHat, TwiliShadow and Novadude like this.
  3. Nostradamus88

Nostradamus88 Active Author

Everybody always need gem refiners. Buy old gem and refine it with refiners. If you buy new gem you spend much more

TwiliShadow likes this.
  4. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

The old gems are cheaper to buy. The logical solution would be that the refiners would drop from all q bosses (all difficulties). My good essences have lowered so much after this update.. I am going to make a thread as well for that now..

5. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I do not support this. I like my freebie refiners just as they are. (No way am I gonna spend anders on the ridiculously overpriced ones from the shop.) Getting refiners from relatively easy DQs is something I do not care to give up.

Refiners will always be useful. If nothing else, as other have stated in this thread, buy old (cheaper) gems with farmed anders (just like before 185) and then use refiners to make them Qaizah.

I do understand the difficulties a newer player face with the expansion. But this would happen in any game. My own main was not an OP RA when this change came. I have adapted and things are going... as well as be expected :confused:

We are only a couple months into this thing. It is obviously not finished (by a long ways.) Who knows what it is going to look like down the road. Just because something does not appear immediately useful does not make it useless (the pack rat's credo ;))

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

TwiliShadow and EhtovK like this.
  6. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Good responses, but I still think my suggestion has merit.

1) I don't buy gems, as I'm still anxiously amassing Andermant to finish expanding my backpack
    2) If you do buy old-style gems to convert, hence want gem converters to continue to show up in the DQ rewards lists, then always keep one old-style gem somewhere in inventory

... again, I'm suggesting that gem converters should shuffle in and out of your DQ rewards depending on whether or not you have any old-style gems on hand.

7. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Yeah, I understood that. The problem is that if I am not getting refiners when I do not need them then I won't have them when I do need them. I do get your point of view but long term (someday you will be done with inventory expansion :)) you will be wishing you had a stash of refiners. To borrow a term from @_Baragain_ it's future proofing.

To put it another way; ess and gold are consumables. Gems are permanent. I would rather have something that goes towards the latter than the former.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

EhtovK likes this.
  8. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Look at it from this perspective: The biggest Ruby you can buy is a Radiant for 18,000 andermant (yes, there are sales, but, let's keep this simple). I have only two more quests (kill the elusive monster on the 10th floor of Deeps of Demise; and, kill the fat genie, Shish Kabob [I know, not his real name]), and andermant drops suck for me, so that's weeks if not a couple months of andermant farming for my weak toon; let's call it a month of farming. But to turn that Ruby into a Qaizah Ruby only costs 72 gem converters, which I'd get from less than 4 days of Daily Quests (6 days if I skip the 3rd quest in the middle group, which asks that I kill a PW boss, which for me means burning upwards of 30 minutes and 1,500 red essence, which I won't be amassing if I'm getting gem converters instead of red essence).

So what do I do with the gem converters I would earn during the other 20-25 days of Daily Quests each month?

9. Szmaciak

Szmaciak Junior Expert

Not remove but put others rewards in DQ to switch. I want to have a choice what I can win for DQ. If I need rafinere frags I will chose quest with them, if ess, with them or materia etc.
    Now at 55 lvl from gold DQ I have only rafinere frags, no more red and purple ess. And now kill 3 bosses or one boss for 10 frags is ridiculous reward. It should be 50 or for quests like kill 10-20 minibosses.

10. Geema

Geema Forum Apprentice

I have to agree there should be a few choices for the rewards instead of continuously being awarded the same items that we have no use for at this time

11. BlackHat

BlackHat Junior Expert

Absolutely NO. I need gem refiners for next 2years...
    if you've converted all...buy old gems (are cheapers) and use converters.

12. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Yes, I caught your attention, but if you read my full suggestion, I'm advocating that the game sense when you're out of the old-style gems and at that point stop giving you gem refiners as Daily Quest rewards. If you pick up more old-style gems, the Daily Quest rewards will again reflect your need for them.

For those of us who weren't full royal at R185, we're missing the cash and the red essence from Daily Quests; we don't need more gem refiners any longer.

My suggestion keeps both you and I happy: You'll continue to get gem refiners until you convert all those royals, but I'll start earning stuff that's useful to me.

And I answered the "buy old gems" response already: Weaker "noob" Lvl 50+ players like myself take weeks to earn the 18,000 andermant necessary to buy an old-style Radiant Ruby, but it takes less than 4 days of Daily Quest rewards to earn enough gem refiners to convert that RR to a Qazaih Radiant Ruby. Meaning I'll be amassing unnecessary gem refiners for most of the month; gem refiners that I'll never use as I can't earn andermant fast enough to buy more old-style gems than I can refine.

I'm looking out for the tweener players who are Levels 51-55 but aren't anywhere close to "end-game" status in terms of equipment and gems. I need those red essence to survive PW boss fights and every gold coin I can scrape up to finance my attempts to craft an improved piece of equipment. If you're full Royal everthing, gold and essence (and even anders) means little to you.

But, again, my solution let's you have your gem refiners, but lets me earn my gold & essence.

The devs just need to sniff through our inventories and equipped items for any old-style gems. If present, you get your gem refiners; if I have none, then I get my gold and essence rewards.

Win-win.

13. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

In fact this is a almost a pay to win feature because is limited to obtain in drop so they should put that in monster drop like Crystal of truth was.
    So they should exand they way you can optain that, put some pile as event rewards and so on.

14. JPDayz

JPDayz Forum Apprentice

I think its fine the way is implemented, so that people with royal stuff can't upgrade right away or farm all day, thats why they implemented the one time buy daily, for the people that can't wait or do dailies.

15. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

The point is that you get a lot more gem refiners than you normally will ever need.
    I got over 1k of those and "just" 36k andermant (which aren't enought for 3 radiant that will require 220 refiners), with that amount of refiners I could "refine" gems for over 5 times those andermants.
    I suppose that only cash shoopers can really use refiners since you have to farm around 5k andermants PER DAY to use all the refiners you get doing the dailyes (35/day which means in 2-3 days you are able to refine a radiant).

Basically, you are defending a system specifically designed for cash shoppers (the ones that will easly buy essence from the cash shop since is the only other way to get em other than gambling).

Why not give the chance to decide what daily you can do and the relative prize (for instance the bosses that were giving purple ess can now give refiners and the ones that were givin' red ess will return to give red ess)?
    The same should go for the other dailyes.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  16. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

You think that a legendary item or 250 red ess is better than 10 rafiners, cuz i dont, i can optain 1-3 legendary items in one run q3, i dont understand why you want to ruin other player a way to optain the rafiners.
    I have a solution for you, if you dont like that you can stop doing daily quests dont give them a reason to destroy this.
    And if you want red ess ask them to put drop from boss on infernal or something or farm andermant and buy them.
    Maybe this is a sistem designed for for cash shopers but so there are many in this game, why dont you talk about them?
    Sometimes not only the BP destroy the game but also the players with silly demands.

17. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I'll apologize again for sensationalizing the header for this thread. I don't really want to cut out gem refiners altogether from DQ rewards, but make them intelligently swap out for the old rewards if the player no longer has old-style gems to refine. If you have a ton of old big gems, you want to save up as many refiners as you can to convert them. That's fine; you have old-style gems, the game will sense that and give you refiners as DQ rewards. But I don't have any old-style gems any longer; let the game sense that and offer me red essence and gold as rewards instead.

Also, I keep repeating that I'm writing this from the perspective of an under-developed Lvl55 toon. I can't kill PW end-bosses in Painful on blue essence, let alone ever attempt Excruciating or higher difficulty levels. I need red essence. And I need gold to feed those dastardly crafting workbenches (maybe, one day, I'll finally craft something better than I already have equipped). But, again, I'm not asking that they ruin the DQs for you, just that they intelligently alter the rewards to suit the kind of player you are or the kind of player I am.

Oh, and yes, I've already stopped doing the DQs, at least the 3rd tier of the middle set: I can't kill PW bosses on any difficulty level any longer since they got buffed in R185. Your suggestion that DSO add red essence to PW Infernal boss drops is laughable, from my perspective.

Look, if BP/DSO doesn't think about the impact of their moves on all different levels of players, they'll soon have servers nearly empty, with only new players who don't know better and haven't quit, yet. Daily Quests should have something for everybody.

18. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Yes I do because there will always be a way/reason to use those red ess while, the only thing to do with the refiners I got in excess is to sell em to the vendor for half the reward I would got if there was the "old" gold price.
    I can also get the refiners from the other 2 top tier dailyes and the 3rd dailyes.

So, both dkarl suggestion and mine are way better than the current system because will only give anyone the chance to get the reward that fits needings his own needs.

Which is what already happens when you reach the lvl cap and all the buff that gave you more XP for xx time, turn into buffs that give you xx% more materi fragment stack size... oh snap... that's bugged as well and if you take the kill desert guardian still gives you the XP buff...

ΣMiwel likes this.
  19. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

Hmmm.. what about having the possibility roll the rewards also ?( maybe deluxe feature only) You could simply choose refiners or ess, win win right ? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.