Post R 185 gear to get.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by DocWhisky, Mar 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

I need a lil help here ... Now that 185 is here and everything has changed....
    I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on what stats to be looking for and on which pieces.
    Youzu has screwed things up pretty good this time .. extremely low block rates on shields... but can find block rate on paulders... block strength on rings... etc etc ..

I play a 1H DK. Starting with the helmet down the right side then from the necklace down left side... what stats should I be looking for
    ( Dmg on helmet or crit hit rate?/ Armor on torso or % dmg?) etc etc.
    Thanks in advance. Doc.

2. gun

gun Forum Great Master

I think most of us in "wait and see" status for next 3-4 months.

I still actively doing crafting. But none of my considered good crafted legendary to be transfer craft to PW unique yet.. Still waiting what other uniques options that available for transfer craft in future.

3. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Right... I know on boots and gloves to look for speed buffs. But what about other gear?
    Was thinking damage for torso, HP for neck, Crit hit for helmet, Resist for belt, of course block rate for shield. Crit dmg for at least 1 ring. Crit hit on adornment or maybe crti hit 2X and aps 2X on adornment, armor for shoulders.... Does this sound about right?? Or do I have it all wrong? And yes, better stuff MAY come out somewhere down the line... but I still need to be able to run a pw without dying every 3 mins. Lets face it ... premium is ok for free rez... but "running back" 20 times a run sux!!!

As for transfer crafting??? Thats not even something Im in sight of yet ... cant Trans craft without the cores and cant get the cores without killing bosses... and as things sit right now .. I cant kill the bosses without it taking mass amounts of red ess. I'm sorry .. I am not gonna waste something so hard to earn on a single kill of a boss.

thanks, Doc.

4. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I have looked at the available attributes and here is my opinion.
    I am not an expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

As a blocker or as a flag runner, this is the build I am aiming for:

Amulet [4x HP % lines]
    Belt [4x More resistance % on this] and put all resist gems on it
    2x Rings [4x More HP % on this] and put HP gems on it
    Weapon Decoration [4x Damage lines]
    Weapon [3x increased damage % on this item + 1x Increased Damage %]
    Helm [4x HP % lines]
    Shoulder [4x Total Resistance lines]
    Robe [4x Total Armor % lines]
    Gloves [4x More HP % on this] and put HP gems on it
    Boots [4x Walking Speed]
    Shield [Pre-50 Crafted shield with 3x Increased Block Rate + 1x Block Strength]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    DocWhisky likes this.
  5. gun

gun Forum Great Master

I'm thinking similar with both of you, but not yet in conclusion.

I think most players trying to aim for what best for their build, which is to maximize the enchantments agains the item base stats and/or overall stats, and also their gem collections.

Assuming we are comfortable with our offensive before r.185. The tricky part is.. we would like to gain some defense, but not too much sacrificing offensive..

And now we have to start from ground zero again. Like fresh lvl 50 before r.185. Test whatever come from the workbench lol.

DocWhisky likes this.
  6. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

ok ... Thanks Gents ... at least now I have a lil clearer idea of where I want to go and can start working towards that.
    @gun, your right, things will change in the following months.... But I need to bulk up where I can now, so I cant continue to play until then. And there is no gaurantee that what come out later will actually be better.. This is BP after all.

@cdeepal, I dont pvp except tp do whatever it takes to get clover, So no flag running for me ... lol
    But I do want to be able to tank some of the harder bosses ... eventually.. Since this is beening forced on us now by the way the PW's were redone.

Thanks again Gents, any help at this point is invaluable to me :)

Thanks, Doc.

gun likes this.
  7. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

If you are interested in the 2H Damage Build, here is my (* very very long term * cough* cough* ) goal when doing solo PW runs etc.

Amulet = 4x Critical Damage % and Resist gems
    Karabossa Cape to get Crit and Resist gems
    Belt with 4x Damage lines and Resist gems
    2 Rings with 4x Critical Damage % in each with HP gems + HP runes
    Weapon Decoration with 4x Increased Critical Rate on this with all Crit gems and Devastation runes for Crit Damage
    Weapon 3x increased damage % on this item + 1x Increased Damage % with Damage gems and Attack Speed runes
    Helm with 4x Increased Critical Hit Rate and Resist gems
    Shoulder with 4x Increased Armor and Resist gems
    Robe with 4x Damage lines and Armor gems + Armor runes
    Gloves with 4x Attack Speed and HP gems + HP runes
    Boots with Walking Speed and HP gems + HP runes

rjrichards, gun and DocWhisky like this.
  8. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

I came here looking for exactly this information and it looks like this could take many months to get from A to B. To date I have been resistant to the idea of a 2H build but it sure seems DSO has pushed everyone in this direction. With any luck and some grinding I will arrive at point B down the road.
    Thanks for the insight.

DocWhisky likes this.
  9. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

What about PW items/sets ... are there any that are must have. My DK is basically fresh 55.... has a few halfway decent legs ... but want to take it to next lvl farming, so I can farm Excu and fatal for better craftable drops. Again, thanks for your input.
    thanks, Doc.

10. gun

gun Forum Great Master

As fresh 55, what I thought was.. most my items does not have base defensive stats.. once I use items with base defensive stats.. I guess it would be better.. PW uniques does have good base stats. But extraordinary & legendary items also can offer good base stats, and plus extraordinary and legendary may have enchantments to further boost the base stats or overall stats.

For me PW items/sets are not must have. At least until I have 3/4 or 4/4 legendary worth to transfer craft.

Once most items equipped are with base stats and with good enchantments as possible to support it. The time is ready to farm cores & matery fragments from PW bosses in whatever mode that is efficient time wise & resource wise. Or to farm maps in higher level to get better craftable drops.

When the legendary to transfer craft ready, cores & matery fragments are enough to do craft.. kill specific level 3 or 4 boss. Whatever it takes.. kill it.. especially if we have enough matery fragments to buy the item if the boss does not drop it.

I've made some text in orange and green. They are 2 specific things that might have different efficient ways or alternatives to do it.
    But they have 1 thing in common.. Which is ITERATIONS of doing it.

1. Farm wherever we can to get craftable drops this also means as to farm golds for craft expenses.
    2. Get good craft extraordinary and legendary to use
    3. Farm cores and materi fragments from whatever PW bosses available. This activity
    must gain profit. Otherwise go back to no.1 since we are not ready yet to do it efficiently.
    4. Get PW unique to be able to transfer craft from items at no.2

Get craftable drops also have iterations to do it:
    1. Farm normal or painful maps. Some non PW maps also good to farm.. like desert map the mobs are spawnable.
    So many gold base stats.. easy faster kills, yield so many items to identify.. one of them might have gold enchantment line. They are green and blue. They are modality to make finest crafted item.
    2. Farm excu or even higher level as possible to get items that have higher enchantments stats & base stats.
    3. Compare 1 & 2 which one is faster & better to get better craftable drops. Pick one & stick with it.

What I meant with
    must gain profit. The activity must able to be repeatable continuously. For example we use blue ess to complete a map and some andermant to revive in boss fight..
    In some numbers of runs.. we ran out of ess and andermant.. can we do the same activity without it? If yes, that's means good, we can do this continuously, and we always gain profit from the runs we've made.
    If not.. must step back to lower level of iteration.. this means we are just not ready yet for that particular activity.

BTW I bought tier 3 Grimmag set. The fire resist from boots helps me by alot. Grimmag painful can no longer 1 hit kill me again and those fire minibosses no longer problem for me, so i can farm Q1 more profitable.

DocWhisky likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.