Machine Set Woes

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Troneck86, Jun 7, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

I wonder what the enchanments on the updated Mechanical Gloves are...

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

So am I, but neither the gloves nor the boots have dropped for me. The other three parts all have HP, Armor, and 4% more rage. So far, the full set (if made of just the armor pieces) would have at least 172 rage which is interesting. Not necessarily useful, but interesting.

Rhysingstar likes this.
  3. Troneck86

I was just hoping maybe the gloves would come with critical hit rate on top of the 30%, sort of like they did to the amulet. If it does, maybe I'll take some time off and poop on Destructor for a while.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  4. _Baragain_

If I get them, I'll share.

5. _Baragain_

And mere minuets later... here are the gloves. The crit damage line seems to be random, but if it can go over 30%, then that would be an amazing replacement with the damage line augmenting them further. As is, these ones will get melted. I get more DPS from 2.5% crit damage than I do from 10 damage.
    [​IMG]

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

[​IMG]

7. _Baragain_

That is the old ones, see above to see the ones that drop in Stalgard and Destructor now.

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

They are not the newest ... but neither the old ones.
    I made a screenshot a day before R166 (at TS) ... they are new old version. :p
    they were in the shop for a short time.

9. _Baragain_

And I made my screenshot less 30 min ago on live server, so these are the "New-New" ones. :p

This set is ticking me off!

So far, I've gotten 5 torsos, 4 shields, 2 shoulders, 2 hemets, 1 sword, and 1 pair of gloves... but no boots!

Last edited by moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  10. Have fun discussing, but I've moved your off topic tangent to it's own thread.

11. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Oh you poor little thing, only 15 uniques :p I could almost feel sorry for you if hadn't found that amazing axe. You've used up all your luck for a while.

12. _Baragain_

I was actually telling someone that earlier... I'm flat out of karma.

P.S. Those 15 uniques took 6 hours of farming, but my luck is picking up... tonight I've gotten 4 in 90 min. :cool:

13. Troneck86

Hmm not sure if 6+ hours of farming is worth it if I lose crit damage. Unless there's a chance to go over the 30%.

14. _Baragain_

That's not what I'm hunting for though... I want the boots to get the 2/5 set bonus and get another 15% crit damage. Fortunately, the "old-old" gloves are compatible with the set meaning that I loose nothing, but stand to gain quite a bit.

15. Troneck86

Agreed, just using your experience to gauge what it would take to farm the gloves. I need all the crit hit I can so I like having 4x dark pieces with the Mech gloves.

EDIT: I saw that I didn't have the Destructor Hard achievement so we decided to tackle him.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    NoelaniAlthea likes this.
  16. _Baragain_

Very nice! Double unique drops are really rare, even with "common" uniques.

My search finally ended today.

I collected 41 uniques over the course of 6 days (with one skipped day for testing the new Dragan event), and then #42 dropped and was The boots. It seemed that I was experiencign one of those streaks when it dropped, so I kept going just to fill my inventory and got a handful of other uniques. Total, after 5 days of active farming, this is what I got for drops.

11 shields
    10 torsos
    8 shoulders
    7 helmets
    4 swords
    2 gloves
    2 boots

So, the shields and torsos are the most common, followed by the shoulders and helmets. The swords seem more common than the gloves and boots, but there is no question that those are among the rarest of drops from this set.

Now, here is my new farming build for Painful maps... I'll have to explore higher crit and crit damage builds now to see if I can do even better.
    This is with green ess and the bear pet. Also, several hundred HP/resistance worth of gems haven't been moved:
    [​IMG]

Novadude and Troneck86 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.