Suggestion DSO Weapon Optimizer

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Xx_charles_silva_xX, Aug 17, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you like it?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No (why?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xx_charles_silva_xX

Xx_charles_silva_xX Count Count

Hello there!

With the introduction of the Qaizah gems (SoM expansion) and the new model of relative enchantments and also runes, I developed a weapons simulator to help players search for the most optimized weapon, which I call the DSO Weapon Optimizer!

[​IMG]

What is DSO Weapon Optimizer?

It is a weapon simulator developed to simulate virtually weapons of the character classes present in the Drakensang Online game, allowing players to assess the performance of their weapons through real-time statistics by adding basic stats, enchantments, offensive stones (rubies) and runes (attackspeed) on the weapon and also by marking the offensive talents they use in combination with their weapon to gain knowledge of their estimated DPS.

Key features:
    1. Choose your weapon by class you play or customize that;
    2. Adjust base attributes, enchantments of "% increase damage on this item" and "increase damage";
    3. Add ofensive gems(rubies) e runes(attackspeed);
    4. Mark the offensive talents that you use in combination with your weapon;
    5. Get knowledge about it's estimated character base damage, attackspeed and DPS and search for the best combination of weapon base stats, enchantments, gems, runes and talents to achieve the maximum potential of your weapon;
    6. No need to spend your precious gold to change gems or runes;
    7. Responsive layout (optimized to devices with a small screen).
    I leave here the access link:
    http://dsotools.uphero.com

I appreciate so much all feedback as possible to help me to improve the app and I hope it can be useful for you.

The DSO Weapon Optimizer is compatible with Opera, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers and has also been tested on tablets and mobile phones running the Android operating system.

Enjoy it! ;)

Best regards.

Shabono, gun, Demon and 3 others like this.
  2. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Dear mod,

Can we make sticky thread special on this kind of tools. There are some useful tools out there as we know it. Sometimes member do look out for it. Whenever member ask or search in forum, we can just refer it to the sticky thread.

Shabono likes this.
  3. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

Thank you. It will be nice to add crit damage, crit chance,damage from items,bonus damage from sets and % damage from all sources so that we can have a full damage optimizer.Thank you.

4. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello @gun ,
    Would you be so kind and provide us links of useful tools?
    I can make a separate sticky thread, but not all can be published here in the forum. Only those who are not violating our rules would be considered and put in the thread.

Cheers.

5. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Hi Mal3ficent thank you for the help.

So far I got this 4 links from the forum & by searching on internet:
    http://www.borntobe.pl/dmg/kalk2.php?lang=en
    http://dsocalc.musichere.net/
    http://dsopage.bplaced.net/
    http://drakensang.optimizer.free.fr/
    But of course I can not confirm they are outdated or still being maintained.

Shabono likes this.
  6. Xx_charles_silva_xX

Actually I have plans to make It a complete character simulator in the future, but first I need to validate that everything is working very similar as in the game so I can go for the next step.

Thank you, I will wait for more feedback.

7. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

Are you shure you got calculations correct?

Try some variation and in your calculation seems inc dmg is better than inc dmg on item for siege bow....

8. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Without ess. 2xID+2xIdotI or 3xID+1xIdotI may win against 4xIdotI.

9. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

Yes.... 2+2 seems best combo

10. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

I find this tool extremely useful, however I was a bit puzzled with the Behemoth icon as it's different for each character, but I checked it up on Wiki so now it's ok ;) Good luck with your project.

Xx_charles_silva_xX likes this.
  11. Xx_charles_silva_xX

I have simulated each single weapon and status on the tool using game's item stats and almost all of them had 99% approximate results with their in-game stats(maybe 1 point or 2 for more or for less).

Thank you! I'm waiting for more feedback. :)

12. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

There is one thing.... your optimizer allow user to input, lets say, 3x 75% inc dmg on item + 75% inc dmg (that not exist). I understand you did not restrict value since you left 2 fields for 4 ench. but maybe you can do something with that.

13. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

Hello and thank you for this handy tool! I have one suggestion regarding the program. I think it would be taking the program from good to awesome :) Adding damage from other parts of the gear, might affect to the best weapon damage enchantments. Personally I think in the end it would more essential to know the whole big picture, since we are rather running around with the full gear and not naked with only weapon in our hands. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward this program to be extended as a full character development tool :)

14. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

Very good tool, can it show the variation of damage with the use of essences in the future?

15. gun

gun Forum Great Master

I'm building one but for Android.:D

16. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

The tool could be very usefull with the addition of some stats.
    I've taken the layout of another DPS calculator to show what could be the informations it should handle.

[​IMG]

Thx for the work.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  17. Xx_charles_silva_xX

Hello everyone! :)

As I said:
    :D

Of course, It can be done... soon! ;)

You too? :eek: :p

I prefer web because its more simple to develop and everyone can access it easely on browser either on PC, Tablet or Mobile phone. ;)

;)

I'll make some improvements soon and then I'm going to update the thread when it's done.

Thank you very much everyone for your time and feedback.

18. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Yes :). I'm doing the calculator thingie in excel table. I made specific & details cells on the spreadsheet, also put ess calculation. Just as -HARRA81- & Hiro73 mentioned above.
    Been thinking about to move the spreadsheet to application while ago. I postpone the work. I just don't want to do major update because of the game keep on changing.

The one I'm building rather complex tho.. I don't know players would like it :D

19. Xx_charles_silva_xX

Hello there!

Some news for you:
    • First: after a little more than 1 month online, the DSO Weapon Optimizer got a mark of 1k unique access/users! :eek:
    • Second: I have developed a new option for the simulator, from now you can see how essences has influence over your character stats in conjunction with his weapon! :D
    [​IMG]

Enjoy it! ;)

I'm working gradually on more features, I hope to bring more news to everyone soon.

Best regards.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.