Resistance gems

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by fab, Aug 7, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fab

fab Advanced

So bigpoint , have your ever play as a spellweaver doing pvp against those high resistance rangers and dks ( above 2k-2.5k resistance )
    If you havent done yet , please do it soon coz the game itself is truely showing too much unfairness.
    Diamonds is way cheaper than offensive gems and they can be gemmed up in every gear you can own.
    Many players using a sw have long quitted playing a spellweaver and have changed it to dk or rangers as they got much superior skills.
    Diamonds should only can be used in certain gears to achieve fairness ( helmet, pauldrons, etc ),

2. thebearreturns

thebearreturns Exceptional Talent

Lol i was thinking just the opposite.. since i`m f2p i have BIG difficulties to reach 1300 resistances, while getting armor bonus is quite easier.... so from my view, mages have advantage here.... just compare your armor stat vs rssistances stat.... i guess armor one is higher... so you reduce more dmg from rangers, dwarfs and wars than from mages..... simple as that. So if you find P2W players in pvp pls dont try to bring down other players and get unbalanced game.
    Cheers!!

3. bendover

bendover Junior Expert

some strong players have 2-3-4k resistance yes, but at level 50 that doesn't mean much compared to the armour, because the strong players who have 2-3-4k resistance at 45 now also have 4-8k armour. And those players you see with so much resistance and armour have paid a lot. If you nerf resistance, mages will be too op.

thebearreturns likes this.
  4. Theranger

Theranger Someday Author

You mustve fought agains DK's with a higher lvled shield with very good enchantments i.e a very good block rate , resistance alone isnt enough , but when coupled with a good shield yes its effective, plus most players at lvl 45 have like not more than 35 % except maybe the top tier pvpers.

Novadude likes this.
  5. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

What meganuker said. A good shield blocks elemental and magic attacks as well as physical. 1H DKs in pvp will usually upgrade their shield before almost any other piece of equipment.

If understand the math right, a 0 resist dk with maxed out block chance and block reduce (at 80% each) will still block 64% of all damage coming in, which btw is why low level DKs can last a while. If you mix in resistances as well you can reduce elemental and magic damage even more.

For some actual numbers at level 45, My DK right now has something like 41% resist (about 1400) and 51% ander resist (due to gloom cloak and sargon helmet) - mostly a mix of flawless and radiant gems as I have no sacred or royal gems. I also have a level 43 shield glyphed up to level 47 with 78% block rate, 40% reduce, and +189 armor enchantment. Those block numbers when glyphed to 47, iirc, essentially come out to around 60.5% block rate and 63.5% block reduce. If you hit me with 10K of andermagic attacks, on average it gets reduced to 4900 from the resist, and then again to 3017 due to the blocking. If you hit me with 10K elemental, its 3500~3600 damage getting through. (Its even lower for physical damage as my armor is over 3600).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.