Additional feature to crafting gear

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by pydragons, Apr 4, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pydragons

pydragons Padavan

In many games there are tiers of gear, in DSO the tier colors are white, green, blue, purple, legendary, in that specific order of importance and powerfullness. I dont count unique yet as they are unique.

In many games when a character starts to get gear different than whites, for example blues, they forget about whites and the only thing is to sell them. End-game characters sells/melts everything below extraordinary and legendary if it is not better than their current one.
    Alot of players dont even bother identifying blue or purple gear, if they do, and the stats are good, they still sell or melt the item.

The idea is to be able to increase the tier of item.
    For example if I find purple bow with 2x enchants weapon dammage and my current legendary bow also have 2x enchants weapon dammage but the rest of the enchantments are not that great, I would like to be able to increase the tier of that purple bow so it becomes a legendary with one more random enchantment after the process of increasing the tier is done. Either I buy it or craft it.

With this mechanic I can increase the tier from a 5x socket white gloves to a 5x socket green gloves, still with 5x sockets. The luck still remains becouse I will hope to hit a good random enchantment values,. If it does I would pay more to increase it's tier once more to become a purple item, and so on.

Players now will actually identify blue and purple gear becouse they can roll an overpower enchantment. And if they do, they can actualy craft it all the way to legendary, instead of selling the item even with good enchantment but still useless in value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.