Suggestion parallax scrolling

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by bemik, May 31, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bemik

bemik Forum Greenhorn

what about implement parallax on some map, something like floating island over duria. Where background( maybe map od duria) will move different speed, to make depth greater. plus add some layers of background and foreground clouds.

rance_1983 likes this.
  2. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

I like that - sounds interesting.What would that island be doing? just floating or perhaps it would be a guild bank to store gold and goodies or something? or perhaps there would be some kind of training grounds ? Tell us more please- what's on your mind?:)

bemik likes this.
  3. bemik

bemik Forum Greenhorn

floating i thing flying over duria. its meant only as a graphical enhancement. they have care of shadows, why not parallax. it depends on creators, i could be flying, maybe whole new world with flying mobs, like harpys, bats gargoyles. they could fly not only from left and right but even from bottom, bats could hang on the cliff and attacks when players comes closer. garogoyles can be stone statues, and become alive. or background could be lava field with dark map, with fire enemies and eruptions from bottom. it could be flying boats formation as well. between platforms players will move on rope bridges, or jump( in case of boats ), which could swing in the wind with your character and through the planks you will enjoy parallax and illusion of depth. sry for english.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  4. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

The moment you saw someone riding a dragon with mature healthy wings running instead of flying, and unable to cross over obstacles, it should've been pretty clear that there is no actual flying in Dracania, whatsoever. :D
    At most you can (apparently) levitate with a broom, rug or wings, but the obstacles are still obstacles.
    The point is that there is no actual flying in DSO. I don't see them coding the concept of flying. :rolleyes:

bemik likes this.
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It is already in the game ... in many maps.

6. bemik

bemik Forum Greenhorn

i know that game is full 3d, and background move in different speed, its ok. but there is noparallax yet. no one map is on the very big height.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.