No Love For The Rangers

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by thuglifederp, Aug 24, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thuglifederp

thuglifederp Active Author

finaly unlocked q1 all the way to Grimag and i was looking for party yet everbody keep saying the same things "sorry we dont need rangers" "only dmg class we need, mage or dwarf" (<-- wut? isnt ranger a dps class? im pretty sure im not a healer :| )

i can solo grimag so im thinking that i have some decent stats if i can solo it yet nobody wants a ranger in their groups..
    rangers deal dmg ok maybe lower dmg to a large wave of minions but when it comes to bosses we can do alot of dmg.

or am i missing something ?

2. joe6699

joe6699 Junior Expert

Recently, i disabled the invite to group because i prefer to do things alone. It is sometimes much faster. In large group, some are too weak and monsters have HP increased. Also, reviving players that died many times at boss run is a waste of ressources!! Become strong and you can do pretty much solo, any Painful PW, Balor etc...

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Let the noobs be noobs.
    Rangers are rangers ... they can survive even on their own.
    All you need is patience ... if you can't find a group start doing things on your own ... as much as you can. Make friends ... friends are not asking if you are ranger or mechanicus ... they just play with you. If they don't wan't to ... they were not your friends at first place ;)

4. thuglifederp

but you have to find a group of strangers in order to make friends :p

trakilaki likes this.
  5. trakilaki

Yes indeed.
    That is why you would want to start with players at your "level". When I say level I don't mean level like level 49 or 50 ... but players in a same/similar boat like you are. They have to have same goals as you. Making friends with strong players is hard ... since they have different goals/objectives.

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

And a guild helps too. It acts like a springboard to making friends. Unless the GM is an elitist jerk who says "no RAs," it gets you a foot in the door. When you group with your guild and form friendships there, you will eventually end up with outsiders in your groups and then you need to be in your best form so that people remember you as an asset. Pretty soon, you will amass friends from outside the guild and they will know you for your ability instead of your class. I have an acquaintance RA that sometimes reaches out to me and invites me to her groups. She actually has more friends than I do and I love being in her groups because I know that she attracts quality players. Some of my best groups for extended boss runs are when she is online and we kill Heredur 20+ times in a row with blues or greens.

thuglifederp likes this.
  7. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Rangers are actually my favourite class to team up with hands-down and I'm a SW.

A lot of the time, people may think rangers aren't that good, but that's nonsense. Rangers just need different things (stat-wise) from classes that have a 2h mode like SW and SM, and then they can pretty much wreck anything.

As well, I've seen a lot of unskilled ranger players--this is probably not helping the perception of the class as "weak." RAs aren't like SWs who just need to spam missiles, or SMs who just need to spam turrets. There's a certain amount of positioning advantage with walls, timing their armour break, and marking that needs to be taken into account. As such, an unskilled RA will easily be the weakest member of the team, whereas unskilled SWs and SMs just need to pick a skill and spam it, and they'd do fine.

Szmaciak, Gevilson and thuglifederp like this.
  8. Beldak

Beldak Regular

Have the same problem with my ranger, soloed until Q4 (now in the middle of it ^^) and still people don't want to group with us.
    Didn't want to start Q1 alone, but no one joined me :/

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    thuglifederp likes this.
  9. thuglifederp

So my only option to advance is a guild with more players with cap lvl.
    In my current guild im the only lvl 50 they all stomped at lvl 48 where u just have to grind for exp I dont really want this bcz i made a few friends there.
    Now i finished all the quests in q1 solo now im working on q2 and those treants giving me a hard time bcz i cant dodge their attacks.

But i have a question now should i farm for those uniques in q1 and use them or should i buy the ammon set ? Am i asking bcz im still using the set from lvl 40-45 that steam power and mechanical it helped me alot on crit rate, crit dmg and extra concentration. I can spam spread shot alot and large wave of mobs never been a problem

10. Beldak

Beldak Regular

I stayed with my legendaries, i think they are better than the untouchables set and the ammon set for now.
    I guess it depends on how you built your ranger and what stats you have or lacking.

11. thuglifederp

I do lack resistances and hp.
    Mode 2-3 Grimag can one shot me but i can solo mode 1 and 2 and if i dodge carefull i might die 2-3 times in mode 2 and 0 times in mode 1

12. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

omg why nearly all the answers came from non rangers players?

13. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Don't know, but did you also notice that they are all saying that they don't mind grouping with RA?

But I could see these people making exceptions for you... you are a special kind of annoying.

Dragonnns and EhtovK like this.
  14. Beldak

Beldak Regular

Ok, so that what you need to focus on. Maybe try relocation of points in the wisdom tree and see if it helps with the HP.

15. thuglifederp

i'll give it a try but i dont want to lose too much dmg

16. Beldak

Beldak Regular

If you survive longer and dodge less you'll do more dmg overall ;)

17. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

im annoying to u because im RAGER ..i wish u be in tegan server i will annoy u more like horribly annoying...lol

18. trakilaki

I am ranger ... which is using longbows since the beginning

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.