Please Explain

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -{Gabriel}-, May 18, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

Log out 98 225 points
    I understand that people can pass you by getting more points but are the farmed points not saved ??

2. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

farmed points stay on each dungeon, overall is based on position in all the dungeons so if someone passes you in a dungeon standing your overall standing may drop

3. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Overall points is relative, not cumulative. If you started the day at 225 points, but everybody else farmed more, you will drop.

4. Arx_X

Arx_X Advanced

makes no sense.. everyone else gains points, you don't lose them. so if your POSITION drops it's ok, if you lose points..it's not
    you drop in the ranking because others gain points while you were slacking

5. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

What he said is correct and makes sense. If rank one in Q1 gives, for example, 150 points, and rank 2 gives 125 points, if someone pushes you to 2nd, you will lose 25 points...

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

It is what it is. It probably would be easier to understand if there was a cumulative score but the reason why it is this way is to encourage players to do all 8 dungeons evenly.

7. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

So realistically what you are saying is if you don't live in the game the Leaderboards are a waste of time ???
    But low level twinks can use a group bug and exploit then not be punished ??
    This game is making less and less sense

8. Nalros

Nalros User

It is hard to compete with the top 3 spots on the leaderboards, yes. We have put leaderboard abuse in our Weekly Report repeatedly and the team is aware of it. As far as the leaderboards being a waste of time? I think the per-dungeon rewards are pretty nice and do not require as much time commitment as trying for the top three spots.

Gevilson likes this.
  9. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Ranks do not even have to change to lose points. I'll give an example. I am currently #18 on the Tegan RA Leader board. The last couple of days I have been doing some excru and fatal runs of Q2 M1 to get the gold reward. I am still #18 and the payers at #19 and #20 are the same. My points have not changed but both of those players have lost 10 points each though because myself and probably others above me are making more progress.

The overall score is totally relative. It is based on the numbers of different Qs as well as the difficulty selected. Interestingly enough boss kills are a secondary consideration. Three times during this LB season I have logged on to see my points have gone up by 10 when I have done nothing at all (still trying to wrap my head around that one o_O)

//edit// Just logged back on and noticed that #19 & 20 have now lost 20 points.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Gevilson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.