Suggestion PVE essence indicator

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by alchimista, Dec 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

a simply group indicator that can enable to check which essence are used from others group members

simply like this :

PLAYER 1 ( green )
    PLAYER 2 ( blue )
    PLAYER 3 ( silver ) during full moon event
    PLAYER 4....
    PLAYER 5....

SUPERDOUPER likes this.
  2. Universeea

Universeea Advanced

Yes please and add a dot next to the players name corresponding to the color of essence theyre using...especially in wilderness areas. Or just turn off essence use on players altogether....please...:cool:

3. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I'm not so keen on this idea. What essenses we use is our own business. Most of the time I use Green. Buy them with gold. When I'm having difficulty with a particular Leader/Boss, I'll shift to Blue.

But since I depend on finding the blue, they're too valuable to run around with all the time. You can't buy the blue/orange/purple with Gold. The orange/purple are very hard to come by and are saved for the big bosses like Gorga/Destructor/etc. Sometimes I'll go after Medusa with Blues for the daily.

An indication like this discriminates against those who can't afford to pour lots of money into a game. I'm not saying that I don't put some money into the game, but I have long ago spent more than the normal $50 per game that I used to spend (each game provided 6-12+ months of entertainment for that 50) that became a standard of mine.

If one was irresponsible, one could literaly go broke in a game like this.

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I really do not care what ess my group mates are using as long as they are engaged and not just leeching. The only exception would be an ess indicator is when special event ess is required.

Even then it would be more of a thing when random grouping. With buddy list/guild groups I have been know to take on team mates that do not have special event ess if they tell me up front.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Kiwigal1244, Belei, Gevilson and 2 others like this.
  5. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

You can say "we use essenses for our own business " if you are soloing.
    "an indication like this discriminates againsts those who CAN use essences as well, instead of those who that leeches or those unable to enter higher difficult modes".
    Discussions has to be made not only with the eye of the beholder

6. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

This would do a couple of things: expose ess.-users in open PvP and show you what ess. the people in your group are using. MikeyMetro makes a valid point, but sadly, that rather goes for friends/acquaintances/guild groups... or in other words, people you more or less trust. Otherwise, we get into another area of discussion: TwiliShadow is not wrong in the case alchimista explained - solo-ing (but then again, an ess. indicator would not be needed there because you can already see what you're using, haha). The best thing this could do is make sure nobody lies about using big ess. in big fights or events requiring a certain type of ess. In this case, where it is critical to use what you said you would, or what you have to use, I'd say that solely leeching and lying about your ess. are just as bad (but again, this would rather help a bit with random groups - organised ones with familiar people is usually more comfortable and there aren't [as many] trust issues).

7. Kiwigal1244

Kiwigal1244 Active Author

Personally .. I do NOT agree... I believe it belittles those who are not financially able to buy Anders for essence, having to farm for everything they get.. spend it on extending their Inventory and Locker shelves, plus gems.

I have 2 accounts, one of which is Full premium/Deluxe, the other is not. I sympathize with those who are financially stressed. They have a right to enjoy this game without the added stress of people calling them noobs etc.
    If you are ALL that concerned about what essence they are using... Ask them prior to forming a group with them I am sure they would happily respond. Then you can decide if you want them in your group.

Normally I would ask them to simple stand back out of harms way until the boss is killed etc. They can then pick up the drops.

Lets consider others and let them enjoy the game also.

MERRY XMAS ALL :)

Belei likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.