Tier2 Shield of the Wolf Slayer

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by bennfros, Sep 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bennfros

bennfros Someday Author

As previous thread was closed and I wanted to ask, what the point of crafting 4 x T1 shields to T2 if last one is worse with his stats. I though that uniques with tiers crafting is safe and when you sacrificing 4 x T1 you always get better one.
    Good that i had 5 x T1 so that one i left, but 2 others T1 was better then crafted T2 too,
    even according CV system which is almost accurate when comparing 2 items with the same stats.

[​IMG]

2. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

You are playing with averages and rng with items below Tier 3. You played it right by saving a good Tier 1 before crafting to Tier 2.

3. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Were all of your tier I drops from after the introduction of tiered shield or did any drop before the introduction of tiered wolf slayer shields?

Anyway, I did the same thing - waited until I had 5 shields and crafted the 4 weakest. For block rate and crit hit, my crafted tier II was better than any of my 5 tier I shields. It tied my best tier I shield for block strength. I'll be using the tier II shield but I do recommend waiting until you have 5 to craft, especially if one of the tier I's has very good stats.

Edit: Went back and checked - it *nearly* tied my best tier I shield (which predated the introduction of tiers) for block strength. I get 76.10% on the character page with the tier I on and 76.09% with the tier II on, so practically identical. However, block rate and crit are much higher for the tier II (71.12% versus 74.45% on the block rate on the character page due to 54.15% tier I block rate line going to 62.77% on the tier II, and the crit difference of +357 on the tier I to +682 on the tier II really seals the deal).

I am pretty sure, though, that one of the tier I's that went into the crafting had a higher block strength (but a useless 30s line for block rate).

Conclusion - there is overlap in the stats between tier I and II and thus my recommendation is to wait until you have 5 tier I's before crafting if one of the tier I's is being used and is particularly good.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  4. bennfros

bennfros Someday Author

For me it was waste of good amount of glyphs and it looks like theft from players. Crafting 4 items to 1 should give at least some more value in glyphs or gold for crafted item.

5. Novadude

if you're crafting legendary to legendary, you lose 75% of the glyphs if you like the end result and 50% if you don't.

Honestly, I melt everything from the wolf event except the shield for DK and absorber for mech. None of the other gear is worth crafting for a player that already has the typical end game gear options.

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Here is a smarter method when it comes to crafting that shield because, like you were already told, you are dealing with the PRNG picking some number between x and y. Never craft if you only have 4 shields. Wait until you have 5. Then pick the best one and set it off to the side. That way, if you get bad luck and your T2 shield is near the low end on one or all of the stats, you can still use the T1 shield. On the other hand, if the T2 is better than your best T1, that spare shield goes towards your next T2. You then can do a similar process for the second and third T2 shields. If you find a T1 that is better than the T2 you already have (or the T1 that you might be saving), that becomes your new "saved" shield and you don't touch it until you are crafting the final T2 for your T3.

As I always say, play smarter, not harder. Check the stat range when you are combining uniques, and if you have a really good lower tier item, save it while you hunt for something better.

7. bennfros

bennfros Someday Author

All of them I got in the last event (yesterday) and probably I don't know when the introduction of tiered shield was, i'm still young in this game (not in RL :))

If you like the end result, then you don't lose anything coz you got some improvement and uniques crafting can't be reverted, so you will lose 75% anyway.

Yeah I melting all uniques except that shield, thats why I was a bit frustrated when 3 uniques lost in that craft.

So now I understand that to get T3 shield I will need 3-4 month (if lucky), omg and I even not playing 1h :) just wanted to have it coz everyone talking it is best for DK :rolleyes:.

8. Novadude

It is best for DK IF you have black warlord pauldrons or the new dragan pauldrons (battleworn set set, I think). With full black warlord set and some glyphs, you can get max block rate, near max block strength. And 720 crit is nice, equivalent to nearly 3 perfect crit lines. Altogether, its one piece of equipment and its worth over 6 perfect legendary lines.

If you don't, its still a good shield, but you might get better value with a 2-2 shield or something that has a hp line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.