An question about Grimmag's Starry Robe of the old version

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by cyeext, Dec 16, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyeext

cyeext Forum Greenhorn

Hey guys:
    I've been farming for the old version of the Grimmag's Starry Robe for a few days, still none. I'm wondering if the lvl35 version Grimmag's Starry Robe still drops in the release of 1.79?

2. calinka

calinka Forum Apprentice

Yes it still drops but believe me i made with my mage over 3000 runs at sigri in 2 weeks and i didn't get it so good luck :).

3. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

It's a matter of persistence. Grimmag's Starry Robe drops the same way as it used to. I was lucky enough to get it after one week of farm at Sigri. It's boring but I was happy with the result so that's all that matters.
    The real problem nowadays is that they made it much more difficult to farm at Sigri for two reasons:
    1. The intro animation at Sigri makes each run take much much longer. I have no idea why they introduced those ridiculous animations (first time they are fun, subsequent times it's just annoying).
    2. There are other uniques that now can drop at Sigri. See, why many people farm Sigri for Grimmag's Starry Robe is because of two reasons:
    - Hypothetically unique drop rate is higher per singular boss kill than per random mob kill. And sweeping the map of random mobs for me is much more boring than just outright killing Sigri over and over again. It's a psychological thing.
    - There are no other possible uniques that would be dropped by a level 35. With the introduction of a new set in the Norselands this is no longer true, and I don't know if this does not actually impact the drop rate of Grimmag's Starry Robe (might not be the case, I do not know).
    But if you are persistent in your search sooner or later it will drop (it's statistics mate). Take a quanta of time per day to farm him, and other than that just do your regular farm.

Belei likes this.
  4. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Since there's a new one in Q1 which is arguably better, so maybe try your chances there. You balance it out: wanna farm like crazy, get the old one and invest a lot of glyphs in it, or do you wanna farm like crazy and get the T3 Q1 one? Both scenarios would most definitely take a really long time, but IMO, the one less GoP worry and the definitely better loot compared to lv35 Sigri makes the decision clear for me (even if lv35 Sigri is heaps easier and generally would take less than a Q1 full or TP run - also, yeah, that damn animation makes the fight a lot longer, especially if you target repeated kills)... who knows, maybe you'll get some other Grimmag uniques in the process xD. Sadly, luck isn't that generous most of the time, so either way you go... hang in there xD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.