Firefox changes and DSO WEB version

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by CMClayton, Mar 2, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMClayton

CMClayton Community Team Team Drakensang Online

At the beginning of March 2017, Mozilla will drop support for NPAPI plugins as many leading browsers have already done due to security reasons. As some of you might know, the browser version of Drakensang Online runs on Java as part of the plugin.

This is why Firefox users will not be able to login to Drakensang via Firefox anymore. That does not mean that the web version will become unavailable but Firefox users need to switch to Internet Explorer 11 to still play via website. Also the DSO team will continue focusing on the client experience as Microsoft will highly likely drop the java plugin support as well in future.
    So, the best user experience now and in future will be in the client and therefore, we recommend that you install the downloadable client version (compatible with both PC and Mac) and use it to protect Dracania in future. To download the client, please click the following link: http://www.drakensang.com/community/download

For more information, please see the following:
    - A letter to the community, created by our Producer Angelo
    - A FAQ you can find below and which will be updated day-by-day

Q: When will Firefox deploy the change?
    A: Beginning of March 2017

Q: Why can I not play DSO anymore in Firefox?
    A: The leading browsers have removed Java plugin support and porting to HTML5 or another engine is currently not feasible. However, players can still play in Internet Explorer 11 and or with the client which is recommended by the team.

Q: Can I still play using the web version after the changes?
    A: Yes, if you use Internet Explorer 11. However, we recommend the client version as it is giving the best gameplay experience as well.

Q: What are the minimum requirements for using the client?
    A:
    ·CPU: Dual-Core processor running at 1.6 GHz
    · RAM: 1.5 GB (Windows XP) or 2 GB (Windows Vista or newer)
    · GPU: 512 MB VRAM, DirectX 10 and Shader Model 3 (Radeon HD 2000 series, GeForce 8000 series or Intel HD Graphics)
    · Sound: DirectX 9 compatible soundcard
    · HDD space: 2 GB
    · Other: Internet connection

Q: Will my account lose any progress when I switch to the client?
    A: If you have a Bigpoint Drakensang account, everything will be the same there.

Q: I play Drakensang Online through a partner site, how can I use the client?
    A: Please contact our Customer Support. We will verify your user data and bring you home to Dracania.

Q: I play on a MAC. What should I do if I encounter problems with the MAC client?
    A: Please send a detailed report to our Customer Support, so we can deal with your problem.

Q: How can I access the test server without using the browser?
    A: Please follow these steps:
    1) Make sure you have the latest client version for the live servers installed on your computer
    2) Find the shortcut of the client (it’s on the desktop by default)
    3) If you want to make a permanent shortcut for the test server, make a copy of the original shortcut
    4) Right click on the shortcut which you want to use for the test server and choose ‘Properties
    5) On the ‘Shortcut’ tab find the line ‘Target’ (by default: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drakensang Online\thinclient.exe")
    6) Add -stable at the end of the line after the “mark and save the changes: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Drakensang Online\thinclient.exe" –stable
    7) Launch the client with the modified shortcut and use your login credentials from the test server
    8) On the server selection page choose ‘Stablebuild

Q:Why did Mozilla and other companies drop support for Java?
    A: Please read Mozilla's official statement here
    Any more questions? Do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support via this link:
    http://www.drakensang.com/support.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.