Suggestion Dwarves' tourretts

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by UndergroundKiller, Jun 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you agree?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2017.
  1. Yes

35.7%
  2. No

35.7%
  3. No!!!!

7.1%
  4. Maybe

21.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

Many players complain about the pvp part, where being a dwarf makes it harder to fight against other players.
    Well, I can't see the difficult part, while there are a lot of spots where you can hide and let the tourrets do the work, but that's not the point.

The saddest complain I've ever read was about the tourrets' dmg not being counted during matches (wich is totally false), and for that reason I'm writing here...

My suggestion is to change the tourrets so that they can be truly minions, as the reason above, it seems they are not. Btw, I mean, to make them stunnable and controllable.

This way tourrets can't be the main source of dmg output, wich will lead (i hope) to a point where dwarves would need critical hits...

tbird likes this.
  2. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

i had my turret mind controlled a few times in pvp, i thought it didnt work on them or its a bug, it happened when i just summoned them and right away the mage used the mind control skill on them(i heard the effect sound of MC before using my turret so i think the skill must be used a few milliseconds before the turret is summoned) and one other time the mage used it on me but i jumped and the skill was used on turret

3. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

That's a known bug.
    SW can use MC on ANYTHING (even on other characters), it won't do anything to you (or to the turrets which won't be MCed anyway) but it will trigger their talent to use any skill without cooldown for 1 second.

The common tactique some of them use is to MC a turret to cast a second Watcher before the cooldown is resetted.

If a dwarf is stunned while summoning a turret, the motion is locked untill the CC is effective.
    It takes 2" to summon a tesla, 1,5" to summon a machingun turret and 1,5" for a mechanical turret (thanks to the last bugfix we got in R189).

4. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

yeah but my turret was attacking me, it actually worked like it did on monsters

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

D!$@, F@#, B%^&*, S*&%$, Little Steam mechs and their OP skills!

Oh, wait... You meant turrets, not Tourette's.

Regarding your comment that the turrets should be treated like summonable minions, at least in PvP, is an idea that I love. Those OP little SMs wouldn't be so OP if I could destroy their turrets in a second. Then, they may actually have to exercise skill instead of the gun and run method.

6. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

i think it would be legit since they (turrets) were created as assist damage dealers.

Q7 set would be really op for dwarves too, if they would only use crits too

7. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

I'd like you to show us what would be the "skills" a dwarfs should use.

I would be more than happy to change my turrets for things like EA, Fireball, Charge, MWS or we can make a more simpler thing, no other skill but autoattack is allowed in PvP.

I would support that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.