Running For Exhaustion in PVP

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -{Gabriel}-, May 12, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

So is this considered a skill ?
    If one player can not do very much damage to another so just runs for exhaustion they win ??
    If one player does 20k damage to the other's 500 but they run for exhaustion and win how is this senisble ??
    If a player in a duel dies from exhaustion surely it is the one doing more damage that has won the fight not the one that stuns and runs for a whole match doing 100 damage ??
    I don't see how it can be considered beating your opposing player if you can not kill them and just run for exhaustion

2. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

In my opinion, if one can run for exhaustion then clearly they are more powerful than you. If I were them, I wouldn't have used that option, but simply faced you and kill you. But they seems to think it is their only option of winning or perhaps they want to simply annoy you. I may encounter such a person 1% or even less of times, so I don't understand why that would bother you so much.

3. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Lol, I just did this to somebody today, I was waiting for a group to get together and was in tank mode. I did a duel while waiting and fought a high damage other dk. I just kept regenerating hp and attacking and ended surviving tell end with more life and exhaustion burned my opponent out before me. I was fighting back though, not just running.

4. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

I do it all the time for DK's that don't take dmg and heal like crazy. I am a 2hand DK. They always bash me for doing that. As long as its in the game its a strategy, deal with it.
    I run till the time is up and then i start hitting a bit till i get to the ideal point. You have to finally admit that running is part of the game. Its fair and square.
    If you are good enough kill him before the time is up.

P.S I hope you are not one of the guys that always whisper after losing things like. "runner, play a mage better and many other funny insults"

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  5. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I did this today doing my pvp for dailys... with my ranger... vs. a dk... and I won :D

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

6. -{Gabriel}-

Actually it was Knight against Knight they tried to fight for about 2-3 seconds realised they were doing no damage with Life Giver and run for the rest of the 2 matches using Ground breaker
    I do not run on my knight I fight if I die so be it the other is better
    Although there is a high percentage of knights who do run and think it is skill judgeing by the responses from my post
    IMO a knight is a damage dealing tank in PVP and PVE not a runner from opponents in PVP or Monsters in PVE maybe that is not what others think but I play a Knight to be a tank
    I don't play a mech that throws up guns and runs I don't play a mage who tries to hide behind a watchman or a Ranger behind there wolves

-MERGED-

If they were more powerful why did they do 500 damage in the match and run ???
    And you are lucky to encounter only 1% being a Knight I encounter it a lot and it does annoy me

Last edited by moderator: May 12, 2017
  7. iNeXoRaBlE

That's where you are wrong, a strategy is a strategy no matter what your character is... It annoys me that they heal 1000+ hp too but what can i do? It's part of the game, as long as is part of the game don't whine and deal with it. I play 1year and 6 months this game and believe me, almost all old players can't play pvp. They stand there waiting to win with pure dmg. Its not like that you must run you must hide and you must definitely learn to play using your mind. There is not a rule that says "Don't run take all the hits".
    A moderator can please close this whiny thread? I have seen more than enough in the game. I cant really stand it anymore.

8. -{Gabriel}-

So maybe I hit the nail on the head with you run hide etc
    As an example you enter 1 v 1 versus a player you know you can not beat with your skills in game or any talent you possess so your strategy then turns to run hide and hope you win by exhaustion am I correct ??
    I don't stand and try to win with pure damage :)
    You don't have to stand and take hits either there are stuns etc
    If you can not kill somone with your skills why should you win by exhaustion is my question :)

9. iNeXoRaBlE

This is the last time i reply so hear me out. The time limit is for a reason in all the pvp modes. Running is a skill that's why there are items, skill points and runes with speed. Some players make their build around speed just like you build around def. Clearly for strategic reasons, the speed is clearly for the pvp at Pve there is no big reason to run super fast. Killing someone with exhaustion means you did to him more dmg so you won him with your skills. Deal with it. Stop being a whiny guy and learn to play the game without bothering those who play with a different way from yours.

10. -{Gabriel}-

The running person is not doing the damage it is the game which does the damage so it is 0 skill on the runner's behalf or you not figured that out ?

11. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

i always fight without running even if im stronger or weaker than the other player, i prefer finishing battles faster than taking the whole time until exhaustion

12. DiabloadiK

DiabloadiK Forum Apprentice

...gabriel...put this in your mind...what ever strategy/tactics to win the battle by mean of legit way is consider a good planning use upon every type of your opponent's character or the type of player.learn to study your build and also your opponent. dont just whine without doing something.

P.S. even your beast mode build have there own weakness...

13. CreeperS4

CreeperS4 Someday Author

Same thing here, I only do pvp for dailys when I have clover. The last thing I want to happen is to lose 5 or 6 minutes in a duel when I'm short of time and I have to do a bunch of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.