What are 'the items to go with' these days?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by _G_R_A_M_P_S_, Oct 31, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

About 2 years ago (just before the Lor'tac release) i took a long, long, break from DSO. Recently is started playing again with a fresh new character. I decided to rush to max lvl and go from there. As of now my inventory is filling with uniques, one after the other, but they dont really seem worth keeping. Durian set, norsemen set (not sure if that's the real name, but you get it in the area ov lvl 30-35), atlantis set, mechanical tools set, automated unit set. They all seem like rubbish to me though.
    Back in the days 'the items to go' were for example witch hunter set, roshans and equivalents, dragan set and dragon ache set. When i check the wiki right now, there's so many uniques available, it makes me dizzy.
    So is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

They are. All the pre level cap sets are simply there to help you on your way to level cap. There are even two PW sets that are garbage (Untouchables and Alliance Sets).

The go to items are various combinations of the PW sets and event sets (including the Dragan sets, New Moon sets, and Bloodmoon set).

1. Each Parallel world (except Q6) has it's own two piece set that offer a wide variety of interesting set bonuses and Dragan offers two sets of four pieces each that are offensive focused or defensive focused.
    2. The new moon now has a set that you can mix and match (2 different adornments, two different capes, two different boots, and two different 1H weapons. It also has a reworked version of the Witch Chaser set called the Witch Seeker set.
    3. The regular Full Moon set is still not that good, but they introduced a second map to the Full moon event called Bloodmoon over Varlholm. You will need to do quests during the day time maps to unlock this second map and that takes three months (or three iterations of the event). When you do, you get access to an interesting set that is focused around HP regen.
    4. The Dragan set you are familiar with is now obsolete.
    5. Keen's/Roshan's/Spark's/Yachak's have been reworked and they are not bad as defensive items, but they are not that desirable because of the new PW sets and the others I referenced above.
    6. The Dragonache set was renamed to the Dragansilver set, and they made a LVL 50 version shortly after Lor'tac came out, but since the introduction of base stats on rings when they released LVL 55, they have become somewhat obsolete. There is rumor that they will be reworking these and reintroducing them sometime in the near future.
    Another thing to consider is the significant changes to crafting. Now you can craft an item with the stats you want (with a lot of trial and error) and then you can pass those stats to most end game uniques. This makes for some insanely powerful builds. That's a good thing since there are now even harder difficulties in the PWs. These harder difficulties also drop higher tier items, up to T5 in the highest difficulty. These higher tier items have higher base stats and are a huge upgrade.

Now, some of the ones you want to pay attention to are the PW set you get from Herald of the Anderworld. It is a very powerful 2H Weapon/glove set that is the basis of many top DPS builds. There is also the Bellicose set (the offensive of the two Dragan sets I mentioned above). From there, just fill in the rest with the sets I talked about in 1-3.

So much has changed, it is practically a new game. One final bit of advice for if you ever got back to your main SW: if you have any large sapphires, save them. They have been discontinued, but you can still use them. If you have any small sapphires, you can convert them into the new speed runes (they go in the bottom set slots on items). Doing so will let you reach attack speeds that most new accounts couldn't hope to achieve.

Welcome back, and if you've any other questions related to the changes while you were gone, feel free to use this thread to ask. If I detailed everything that changed, this post would get unmanageable real fast.

Rhysingstar likes this.
  3. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

As Baragain explained very well, it's a different game now. Most SW use either the Q4 or Q7 set for a base and then sprinkle in others mentioned above to round out their gear. Dmg output is almost 10 times what it was when you left two years ago.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Yea, I forgot that for SWs it is a toss up between the Q4 and Q7 set. For all three of the other classes, the Q7 set is unquestionably better.

5. Rhysingstar

One other thought..

While technically these items still drop, the vast majority of us have to buy them with materi frags, so stock up. Items range from 60K to 80 something.

Gops aren't quite as important now as we can get cores to upgrade.

Crafting is pretty much limited to enchantments which is nice although still too random.

It's all about the various cores and frags now.

6. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

q7 set is what i try to get for a long time but not a single drop in many rounds and i dont have enough materi to buy t4 or t5

7. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

@_Baragain_ Thank you very much. You've been really helpfull.

I guess i will just have to try the whole crafting thing once i get past lvl 50. I'll read the wiki guide on that first.

Here's one more question. For both moon events, what do I need to prepare up front? How many silveressences will I need to at least complete the full moon events progress bar? What and how much will i need for the bloodmoon map? Do I need to prepare for the new moon event? And how much fairy wood do I need? Is there anythign else that i need to know, that i can't read on the wiki?

8. Rhysingstar

For full moon a few thousand silver ess is enough to begin with (once the event starts) as you can farm additional silver ess in the mines.

The higher power ess needed for Blood moon comes from quests. It takes a couple of months of quests before that map is opened up and by the time you get there, you should have enough of the higher ess to run that map. The quest for the ess is repeatable and will need to be done several times in between.

For the new moon, the fairy wood is harder to come by, and you'll need to farm that particular map quite a bit more than the full moon event. I don't know off the top of my head how much is needed as I haven't done that event in quite a while. If you have amphora keys, it makes it go much faster, but those are farmed in a different event.

Wiki is certainly the way to go as @trakilaki and those who contribute stay on top of things.

9. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

Thanks a lot!

10. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

No, at least for dwarfs (and I have also reasonable doubts also about SWs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.