Do you want more level expansions?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -DeathRaider-, Sep 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should bigpoint add more level expansions?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2017.
  1. Yes

17.5%
  2. no and stop or slow down on adding content

2.5%
  3. no and add more events, items, parallel world and such

80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I have noticed a mass majority of players do not want any more level expansions but just want some content added.

2. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I would much prefer them to focus their time and effort on fixing what they have before doing anything. Then and only then should they consider adding anything else.

We do not need to be bumped to 60 + any time soon.

New maps and events would be fine if they did it right. The biggest issue I have with new content is that they make them pointless before they are even released. Most players breeze through them in a week and never again go back to those maps.

I wish that the devs would actually put some serious thought into new maps/events. It is not a secret what players want, yet time and time again they have proven that they have no idea what makes a game interesting and fun.

Adding more parallel worlds just leads to the same problem. Who spends the majority of their time on Q1? Q2? Q5? Q6? Q8? Heck even Q3 is only good for gops.

Imagine what it would be like to have 30 maps worth running or multiple sets worth having. That would fun. Instead we have 1, maybe 2 maps worth running and get to spend the rest of our time playing the crafting game.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    trakilaki and wolfie54 like this.
  3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

expansions should last al least 2 years to give the free players a chance to return to the top

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    trakilaki likes this.
  4. semen470

semen470 Padavan

No more level expansions for the next 2-2.5 years...im bored of the Devs creativity and their non existing innovations...you better put your time into new events, real good events and on bugfixing. thats all i wish

trakilaki likes this.
  5. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Absolutely NO to a level cap raise! The last one was not just a cap raise but also a complete rework of the game mechanics. I am still recovering from that. Perhaps I never will due the apparent loathing the devs have for 1h builds.
    I totally agree. There is plenty of opportunity to improve what already exists. New uniques/sets could easily be added to existing content giving motivation to play. Here is one example of how existing content could be improved. This thread never got much attention here on the forum. I suspect this is due to players having a "been there, done that" feeling about this map already. But if this existing map was improved as described I would go back.

There are many other areas the existing game could be improved. They are all well represented here on the forum.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

trakilaki likes this.
  6. gun

gun Forum Great Master

No!

1. How many more tries needed to realize that level expansion does nothing significant to the objectives? The way I see it more problems, thus more headache.

2. If a game made it to the top peak of it success. It will never/almost imposible to reach that peak again. No matter how hard the dev try, including offering level expansion so called more "challenge".

3. Fixing bugs & improving contents tend to be better way to maintain players & gain back their trust to game. Better social media & community engangement. That open wider door for fresh players.

4. Level expansion lead to never ending farming to achieve the most top character development, thus making players decide to had enough of it. They should enjoy their end of character development. Instead of doing another iteration of hard work. This also lead to reason no.6.

5. Offering new challenge, variety paths to develop character, options to decrease boredoom.. does not require level cap to be increased.

6. Think about game of chess. With such limited rules and game constants.. there are countless ways to play.
    Creativity to create ways to play keep on being postponed because the player keep on being too busy to adapt if not for the rules being changed, it will be because of changes of circumstances to play.
    Bragging right to show ways to play more valuable than ways to "develop"(adapt) a character. Thus making level expansion always be an obstacle for this typical bragging right.

Another solid hack & slash mmo is coming & keep on coming. Prepare to loose some players retention to this games. Focus on the best ways to maintain players. Not gambling with risk to compete directly with fresh new comers that yet not reaching it peak of success. Doing so just digging the grave deeper.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    trakilaki likes this.
  7. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

People usually have the argument that level expansions give more things to do, but why does the level cap have to increase. It already take a few months for most to get to max level and each level cap is making it harder. Here are some good things that have been mentioned already about what could be good choices with same level cap
    1. Better events, like bring back some old events that people liked much more then what we have now
    2. You can collect sets up items and not worry as much to re-get them. Infernal modes have changed that though some
    3. Not Staying with same level cap makes it where players won't have to rebuild and start back at farming painful mode when they were able to farm much higher modes before at previously level cap. The infernal modes have taken the place of level caps anyways of having to re-get items
    4. Gives more time for players to figure things out, when I began this game was a hundred times simpler and for new players it can be overwhelmly complicated but keeping same level cane reduce that.
    5. gives more time for bug fixes

ps. Obviously I voted for no, with more content :) .

trakilaki likes this.
  8. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Please do elaborate why do you vote Yes.
    So we would know how strong the reason is. It would give more meaning to the poll. So will not become just numbers to compare.

9. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I've never been so much against the idea of increasing level cap, despite being aware that it makes people farm for their dream gear all over again, and despite being aware that there is a chance that such update may bring another completely different rework of equipmnet stats, new gems etc., as we have experienced with Sands of Malice.

BUT I'm more and more digging the idea of simply just adding new content, some more new story, new items, new cool(!) events and such rather than raising the level cap at any cost.

So I'm voting C.
    Because as others have shown in the forums, new level cap may cause a lot of harm.

trakilaki likes this.
  10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

No i don't.
    I don't even have items for the current cap level.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  11. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I'd like to see Qaizah adjusted so that you could enter against creatures of say "50-51", "52-53", or "54-55". Each level would open up as toon gets to that level range.

That way, a toon of level 54 could go farm creatures from level 51 or 53 or at toon's level of 54.

12. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

"No" to the level increase, but I'd love to see more maps (at least we'd all have sth to choose from and not only run the PW) with good drops, new useful gear, interesting events (no more grind fests!) and finally a reason to run more often in groups.

ArunaSky likes this.
  13. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

another expansion will destroy the game....already servers are dead empty because of the last expension
    if they want to save the game the only hope is to combine all servers into one server and use gate way system to each world area
    my answer is big NO

14. Falk101

Falk101 Junior Expert

Same, i want no more level, 55 is enough. But i want new events and new content

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.