Damage Question

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Dragonnns, Jun 8, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Lately I seem to be picking up a lot of items that have Increased Damage On This Item sets. However, these are things like boots or armor...items that you can't use damage gems in and this isn't making sense to me.

For example, I just picked up a legendary pair of boots with four IDOTI lines totaling about 80%. There was one +21 damage line as well as an HP and an Armor line.

So, if my math is right (and no promises it is!), that 21 turns into 37.8 or 38 on screen. That is a lot of waste as now I'd have no run speed were I to use them.

Is this right or am I missing the boat on something here?

2. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Think of it as a wannabe equivalent of the old absolute damage lines on those items, what would be interesting to figure out and calculate, is in which step of the character's damage calculation they fall in, before or after the %damage from, e.g., weapons, torsos, belts and helmets?, if the total increased damage per items comes before these other calculations they could have an "ok" potential, also would be nice to know how they work with essences as well, I guess we'll have to ask one of the Guru's about this one :p, but I personally prefer full attack speed and full movement speed.

3. Arx_X

Arx_X Advanced

you missed one of the major updates (downgrade if you ask some) - release 185
    items above lvl 50 now have more than 1 base stat (so boots have dmg, armor and hp, belts have dmg, hp and resist and so on)
    the new enchantments have also been reworked ... some think that Idoti is a complete waste on items like boots.. they are wrong

as for you assumption that the +21 dmg line actually works as 37+ is right.
    just for info, idoti worth keeping is around 60% on items like boots , are 70-80% on 2h weapons (such enchantments should be displayed with a golden font)

4. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

after Increased DMG on this item (weapon)
    after increased weapon dmg

<-- insert here the addtitional dmg you get from items multiplied for their specific IDotI

before increased critical hit dmg multiplier
    before increased dmg multiplier
    before skill multiplier
    before increased dmg on skill
    before % dmg reduction from armor/elemental resistance

In my case it's not even 7-8% of the total dmg but it can be more or less based on a lot of aspects basically: (how good is your weapon, the IDotI enchantments on weapon and gems) vs (how many IDotI you got on other gear/how many legacy raw dmg enchants you kept on the other gear).

To me, the only reason for that enchantment to exist is that soon or later they will let slot rubies on other items.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Well ... consider one item with over 300 damage only on that item.
    You can get the speed elsewhere ... like orange unique values, set bonuses, runes ... etc.
    One of those items is already in my plans ... and I am working on it patiently. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.