Increased damage?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by chiuseer, Mar 8, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiuseer

chiuseer Advanced

I want to ask a silly question(maybe not).
    For example, 60% increased damage, 60% increased damage on this item
    I know they are different. But how different?
    And which one is good? :rolleyes:?

2. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Increased damage will apply to your overall damage, so if you have 5k, it will add another 3k.

Increased damage on this item will only apply on top of absolute damage of item in question. If thats a weapon, sum all the absolute damage lines (including gems), amd apply on top of it.

Example. You have weapon with 300min, 500 max dmg. You also have 5x 10dmg rubies. There other weapon stats are 50%, 50%, 50% increased damage on this item, and 50% increased damage.

Your total absolute dmg on weapon (min, max) is (300+100), (500+100)= (400, 600)

Then, you apply 'increased damage on this item", 3x 50%, making it (400+600, 600+900) = (1000, 1500)

Then you apply 50% weapon damage from the talent tree, if you use it (one that also has 10% less speed)

(1000+500, 1500+750) = (1500, 2250)

Then you add any absolute damage you have on other items, and also bonuses from the sets. Lets say you have a ring with 100 dmg.
    (1600, 2350)

Then you sum all the lines with 'increases damage'

1. 50% on weapon itself
    2. 25*2 on the bonus talent
    3. 20% on torso (for example)
    4. 40% on the belt (for example)

= 160%

Total would be
    (1600+ 1600*1.6, 2350+2350*1.6) =
    (4160, 6110)

Try to reproduce the formula with your items and bonuses in excel.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    thebearreturns and _Baragain_ like this.
  3. chiuseer

chiuseer Advanced

I see ..... Thx a lot , it's a very clear answer. :):):)

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Not bad, but you forgot to include the base damage the character has while naked in the same step as when you pure damage lines from gear.

Ultimately, the difference is when the multiplier gets applied. Personally, I haven't run the numbers yet on which one is better based on the build, but I will in the near future.

thebearreturns and sebastian_fl like this.
  5. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Yeah, 360 it is) wanted to edit but since he already said thank you, and it wasnt that relevant to a question, I didnt bother)

I did the math. Assuming lvl55 items in use, which have absolute dmg default line, and also 4x dmg belt and torso (or just one of them), the best would be
    3x increased item dmg, 1x increased dmg.

On blue, however, and more so on purple and red, 4x item dmg will be a winner.

Differences arent huge though. I will be crafting (3,1) myself.

Also, transfering 112/113 absolute damage line from legacy items isnt worth it.

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Then there is the question of if you can get a gold crit line from an old item to transfer, then the calculations get more complicated.

7. awaroa

awaroa Advanced

yes we can craft pre 185 legi item stats onto post 185 legi items
    pre 185 max attack speed enhancement on monster hunter shortbow is 18% - post 185 max attack speed enhancement on steel claw bow is 11%.

but you can craft the 2 kinds of bows and get a steel claw bow with 18% speed enhancement.
    Because i have done this

8. chiuseer

chiuseer Advanced

That is a very useful information. Thx again :D

9. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I'm not a math guy, but even considering the new weapon ID gold lines:
    [​IMG]
    I'd still go for IDOTI lines on weapons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.