What is the best shield to use?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -DeathRaider-, Jul 18, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Which shield is the best?

1. Heredurs shield t4

53.8%
  2. Justice shield t4

7.7%
  3. Old wolf slayer shield

38.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I have been having trouble for a while now on what shield to use? Anyone have favorite shield and explain why plz. I have a legendary shield ready to craft onto either heredurs or the justice shield and I want a final decision soon with everyones help.

2. gun

gun Forum Great Master

What enchantments does the legendary have?

3. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

205% block rate on this item I can easily get to 80% on infernal when I craft 58% block rate onto spider pauldrons

4. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

With legacy wolf slayer shield you reach 80% block strenght that is something you can't with other shields. Anyway, if you don't have it, I suppose heredur set will do the job because of it's block strenght buff and the ice resistence.

5. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Base Resistant & Armor from new shield is something that Old Wolf Slayer shield lack off.
    The Old wolf slayer shield is as good as it is. Need some booster to enhance overall block rate either from Block Rate pouldron or Wisdom.
    Heredur Shield bonus & the set bonus is rather nice compared to Justice bonus.
    I would chose t4 Heredur shield for the target craft of 205% block rate. Level it up, for sure this shield also will escalate overall resist & armor.

6. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

I use Wolf slayer leveled to 58 and dragan pauldrons lv 59 i get 79% and 74% the problem with the new shields is that block strenght is so low and also the block enchantments yelow lines stop at 0.35 and not as old lv 50 at 0.65 so you have block rate but for what if you dont have block strenght.
    If you craft a shield with 2x block rate and 2 x block strenght is not enough because also that block rate on the new shields are small ~2800 and you have to trade some life enchantments on amulet and rings to get some block strenghts and also craft some shoulders with 3x 4x block rate percentage to put on the dragan ones.

My advice is to use vargulf or wolf slayer shield is a good solution and you can recover that resist and armor that you dont get from new shields transfering only 2 x block rate percentage on dragan shoulders and one resist enchantment and one armor enchantment and you will have some block strenght necesary for combo.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  7. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Okay, I have the old wolf slayer shield but only at tier2 I can get to 77% block rate and 75% block amount but havn't yet crafted shoulder pads. If I just looked at block rate and block amount it would be wolf slayer but lose so much armor and resis. My armor with wolf slaye ris only 7.8k. resistance is 7k. When I use my legendary shield without crafting I get to 9k armor and 7.6k resistance. So I believ it looks like I will use wolf slayer. If I have 62.05% block amount with vargolf shield and then switch to heredrus. Ho wmuch will it increase with 10% mor block amount. I am plaaing to transfer hp % onto helmet but have only gotten to 3 gold legendary and only 1 of them.

8. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

I have Old Wolf Slayer shield, and new one, both Tier 2. I spent months and months trying to craft up, and got some T3 maces, helmets and a decoration, but then BP came and [EDIT] on all of that hard work. Now I am playing 2H until I figure out what to do. I'm not strong enough to secure Justice or Heredur yet, but those both seem like good choices. I did pick up two other shields in PW as random drops, and will have to look at them to see their titles.

Last edited by moderator: Jul 27, 2017
  9. Kingpin003

Kingpin003 Someday Author

with decent pauldrons and enough glyphs Heredur's with 1xblock chance and 3xhp lines should be your choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.