Is leveling up items with Glyphs of Power worth it?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by DracosBW, Aug 22, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DracosBW

DracosBW Forum Apprentice

This thread also has a second question. Are there any other armor sets in the game other than 'Splendid Durian" armor, and if not are there plans to add them in?

The reason for these questions is I would really like to actually be able to USE the armor sets that I find... but all I ever find is Splendid Durian, and from it's stats, it's not actually worth using by the time you find it all. At best it would be useful in the very first area, before you reach Kingshill, or immediately afterward; after that, literally everything else has better stats. And to top it off, it doesn't look like the set bonuses make it any better either.

As far as I can tell the only point of keeping Splendid Durian armor is to melt it for the Glyphs. Which leads to my second question. What are Glyphs for, really? You need an insane amount of them to raise most items even a couple of levels, and you just don't get those unless you get max inventory expansion, a premium account for even more space, then farm like the name of the game is Farmville, not DSO. Even then it feels like you'd have to toss anything lower than blue to make a significant amount of Glyphs to upgrade a single item to your current level... and all that farming would probably raise your level, so you'd have to farm more.

I have a character who is just shy of level 30, and I've just gotten a completed set of Splendid Durian armor. I just kinda... looked at it. No sense of accomplishment (because it was crap by then). No happiness even in the thought of the amount of glyphs I would get for melting it (I literally used all of them, along with some andermant, to *almost* level a single item up high enough to not be in the red). It was a pretty serious let down.

Please tell me there are other sets worth getting, or at least some plans in the near future to insert some sets that are actually worth trying to get; sets that you can find while they're still relevant to your characters level.

It would be nice to add in a feature to combine the looks of one type of armor with the stats of another, just so those few who manage to find the Splendid Durian armor can at least keep the looks of it, while still being able to continue on fighting. Or at least have it so that when you find a piece of it at level 28, it has stats that match what a lvl 28 unique should have.

2. wenny0119

wenny0119 Junior Expert

1. Depends on what you're leveling up. Some uniques are pretty good in stats. Some are crafted items.
    2. Yes there are a number of armour sets around, e.g. the Ammon set, the Armour of Darkness, Robust Norseland etc (Go have a look on the wiki)

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

While you are leveling up, you quickly out pace the gear you picked up just the other day or last week or even last month and you don't gather enough glyphs to keep up (unless you are building a twink toon who leaches off of other people to stay low and build a toon that it stronger at LVL 20 than some players are at LVL 50). However, when you get to the end game and you start getting your build just to your liking, then glyphs become game changing. To give you an example, I have my weapon at LVL 54, and I did the math the other day. If I can get the massive amount of glyphs I need to level it up again, I'll gain about 145 min-225 max damage and 110 crit which will, in turn, give me about a 5% boost to my DPS. Another example is my gloves. Every time I upgrade them, I get about 120 HP out of the deal. These "little" changes add up over time and the difference is huge. If I showed you my toon with and without my glyphs, it would be a difference of night and day.

Regarding the Splendid Durian set, I'm sorry, but you are right. It is garbage. Most legendaries are better, and when you start farming in the Norslands area, you will start finding a Norse set that is just like the Durian set. And then, when you get to the Atlantis area, you will start finding a deep sea set that it for the left hand side, and not armor. Then in the Dwarf regions, you will start finding items from the Machine set. It isn't until those items from the machine set that you even get anything that is worth holding on to until LVL 50. Long story short, keep leveling, use the best you have at any given time, and before you know it, you will have forgotten all about that "unique" set.

You don't find any truly worth while gear sets outside of the events or Gnob and working hard to get them before you reach level 50 is just a waste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.