Bug Already up to date, but game re downloads

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by loadedglove, Dec 22, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loadedglove

loadedglove Forum Greenhorn

It has already happened to me twice and today is the 3rd time. Basically I launch the game and see the login splash screen, but can't login because when I look below I see a 930mb download in progress. The same 930mb download I had to do when I installed the game the first time. When I go to the assets folder on my C drive, there's barely anything in it so somehow everything got wiped and therefor has to be re-downloaded. Never seen this with any other game, didn't actively do anything to cause this or actively delete anything and am almost positive no other program on my PC like antivirus would have deleted it.

Any idea what is happening?

2. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Ok open an explorier window

in the address bar put %temp%\DSOClient

This is the folder where all the files should be dowloading to. There is also a dlcache folder.

%temp%\DSOClient\dlcache

Check that there is not a problem with your drive in this area.

If all seems good goto %temp% locate the DSOClient and ranme it to DSOClient.old

Download once more and see if that solves it. If not get the program DSOClient no preload...

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Maybe not antivirus, but some performance booster programs will identify the temp folder as nearly 1GB of temp files and delete it during clean up.

4. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Auto maintenance programs can clear temp files on schedule. So many programs don't clean up after themselves, auto-clean is a good thing.
    Registry clean can speed things up; otherwise the computer has to check dead-ends.
    Just get a fresh program for the latest stuff, and dump the garbage.

5. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Ok I reproduced this error on my win 8.1 box. I think there was a bad file there. Maybe lag. It was one of the required files. Renamed the folder and redownloaded fixed it. After I pasted files and skipped dupes 0 files copied. So it is a bad file might do fc on all of them but that will not be til next tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.