Ranger Balance Changes

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by DaBiorni, Mar 14, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBiorni

DaBiorni Forum Apprentice

I am a Ranger player and I have also seen many others like me complain about the weakness of being a Ranger after the latest patches. Is Drakensang gonna do some balance changes to make us a better class soon or are they gonna leave us as we are ?

2. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

which skill that u are talking about?..slow wolfs and acting like stupid turtle and die like a small chick? ..or the bird whose never critical and some time fly away like white Pigeons of peace?...or the tree whose still in race with the turtle and never win that race..?
    you may ask to bring us the old melee(deadly blow) attack or the explosion arrow damage or at least the bird critical hit rate like the character critical hit rate

3. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

^^ Now that is funny :D haahaha

4. shinkm1

shinkm1 Forum Greenhorn

no critical for bird ????

5. Μorfeas

Μorfeas Junior Expert

the bird need fix no critical and many times dont hit the target !!! and wolfs too sometimes they dont attack ! they are freeze and stay back...they are unusable skills....

bloodyneo likes this.
  6. fab

fab Advanced

Use a mage, their skills is OP compare to rangers
    126% fireball and frost sphere is slow and got be get in close in order to hit ur opponent.
    And crit is almost as useless compare to rangers marking ability and EA is completely OP, bird hittting at a whopping 320% and their blade dance allows them to anti stun mages freeze wind.
    EA got absolutely no cooldown timer, so whats ur your complain
    By default mages should have critical hit more than other characters in dso !

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  7. Sirknumskull

Sirknumskull Forum Greenhorn

bird hits with 250% , EA no cooldown..say wut??

thebearreturns likes this.
  8. bezryl

bezryl Active Author

i was recently leveling a ranger, i managed to get him to lvl 47 and that was as far as i could stand it before deleting the character.

i dont know how to explain it but it just isnt fun and is a pain in the rear to play, not to mention seem weaker then the other classes(i have all other class 50 lvl)

when i lvled mage dk and sm i had no problems.
    please keep in mind i am talking PVE only and rangers need improving for PVE ONLY

PVP- rangers are op, enough so that it makes me mad and i refuse to play pve with them

i think rangers need another main dmg skill, since they really only have 1, how fun is it to use precision shot until lvl 45?

dks get mighty swing smash dragons fury- mage lightning fireball ice sphere- dwarfs get their turrets- rangers get.....precision shot...until 45 they get exsplosive shot wich inst really usable until lvl 48, and here is another problem the other class lvl 45 skils are great to use as soon as you get them. ice sphere works just fine even without upgrades, tesla turret is awesome with no upgrades, dragons fury is...EPIC when a dk first gets it

9. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

o_O HUH?! Yeah right! :rolleyes:

10. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

they need to fix those donkeys..i mean wolfs because they act like a stupid donkeys:mad:

11. Universeea

Universeea Advanced

If were talking about skills when will Dk's get a new attack that does more than 240%? You get smash at that does 240% at lvl 6....
    The class is supposed to deal "heavy melee damage" but our strongest skill does 240%? Can we get a big move with a longer cooldown like the other classes?

Mages get meteor(500%), destruction(750%), and lighning(250%) and frostsphere(300% with initial hit) can do alot of damage with certain skill set ups.

Dwarfs get their big shot(300%), and freakin iron dwarf(200%x2 both arms hit the ground for 200%) which is like the most fun skill ever...

Rangers get ea(50%, then 150% on the armor broken opponent which is dumb) and hawk(300%) Not to mention rangers get double damage on marked with many skills...

DK's get smash(240% not to mention the actual 240% hitbox is quite small and only directly in front of th dk) and mighty wild swing(200%) was hoping the lvl 45 skill from r155 wasnt just to help tanks heal and get aggro...
    Hoping the new lvl 55 expansion will bring a a new skill as op as mages frost sphere, like a mega smash er something :confused:

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Hahaha ... are you playing Drakensang Online or some other game? XD
    Rangers were heavily nerfed with R155 and the last "EA" change has no impact whatsoever.

13. Wllf

Wllf Advanced

What happened from the Rangers being buffed? :D
    The topic here is ranger balance changes, not how skilled or unskilled you are with your ranger.
    PS. I hope you are joking.

14. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I can talk-discuss Arx Fatalis, Baldur's Gate or Blade of Darkness (the game with best combat system in history of RPG) with you ... but this is not the right place. XD
    So if you have something useful to add ... with this game ... please do so.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.