Feedback Progress drop rate get's lower if you group

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Saved_81, Apr 13, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

All my guildies and me noticed that when you are in Group doing the event the drop rate of progress items lowers drastically.
    When you solo the event maps you get, on average, 10-12 progress per run in normal, it becomes 20-24 in painful, 30-36 in excruciating and so on.
    When you are in Group, the same drop rate seems SPLITTED among all the party members (5-6 if it's a 2 ppl party and so on).
    The more you are the lower the drop rate becomes.

This behaviour is common to what happened in the Halloween event and I find it particularly unfair for 2 reasons:
    - it's not clearly stated anywhere (so ppl have to find out it by themselves)
    - prevents ppl from grouping which seems odd for a MMORPG (where the second M should mean MULTIPLAYER)

I cannot give solid proofs because it would need a long session video to be posted to be solid enough but I suppose that the experience of other players could be significant enough to make a proof.

I hope more ppl will share their experience and I hope this isn't an intentional behaviour.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I still wonder if it's the PRNG that you're bumping up against. How many runs have you done? I've only done 5 so far, all solo, 4 in Normal, 1 in Painful. The Painful run netted 7 progress; one of the Normal runs netted only 5 progress; the other 3 Normal runs were in the 12 to 18 progress range.

In other words, progress has a wide range of results for solo and presumably for group efforts, too. You may just be unlucky.

You may be correct, too ... please try to track and convince your guildies to also track their actual progress, both in group and in solo efforts, over at least 10 runs in either approach. If you're still seeing that huge disparity between grouped and solo after that many runs across multiple toons, then we might have a problem.

I'm guilty of this, too, but we really need to keep in mind the randomness of rewards in this game when evaluating and drawing conclusions from individual results.

3. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

DSO already punishes players for grouping, so lower drop rates would not come as a huge shock.

Of course I would be shocked if they actually admitted to lowering the drop rate for groups. I suspect they would simply rely on the all encompassing "random" excuse that they use to justify everything.

1 player presenting video evidence would never be enough. The sample pool is simply too small. Unless of course you happen to play on Tegan where the number of players is so small that even one player can prove an average :D

4. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Sadly you are correct but even tho I will never be able to provide sufficient proof by myself I would add SOME numbers (because I provided none so far).

The numbers I got say things are way worse than I expected.

Total of 8 runs in painful (I will add more numbers for solo runs sooner but I wanted to give some numbers as soon as possible so... enjoy them):

Solo runs: 24 - 34 - 18 - 30
    Grup (2 players): 8 - 12 - 6 - 6

Anyone can blaim the randomness but the difference it's too high to be just "randomness".

To be honest I suppose that some of the progress I got in group came from the neat amphoras (never really cared what I got from em) and this would make things even worse in higher mods which are the ones you are supposed to do in group.

On the bright side, all my tests were done with a twink that was looking for a partner to leech from... and the twink wasn't getting any progress as me.
    If this is the reason why they lower the drop rate in groups... well I think there are way better things to do against twinks...

5. rpfo

rpfo Padavan

Passing by to confirm i see the same. I had full group runs with 2 key drops , 3 runs with 32 total on progress lvl 3. Group drops not working fine on event for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.