Suggestion How to survive post R188 at lvl 55 ?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by alchimista, May 1, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

I used to play my DK as tank. ( before R185 ) : facing fatal bosses as most of all tanks.
    bla bla bla : after 50+ lvl ( I was not able event to tank mod1 BTW ).
    Now I'm at lvl 55.
    I try to ...... I don't know. I'm seriously intent on giving up with DK.
    ( I don't like play with dwarf but it is the best way to continue play at DSO ).

Please add some suggestion to where and what to farm for DK.
    Soloing grinding in mod2 with blue essence, waiting for a brand new DD set is so boring and I really don't like to play solo.

DocWhisky likes this.
  2. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

I hear ya. Love playing DK but some of the recent changes have made it frustrating as hell. Shields are crap, with low initial blocking and terrible block enchants, its hard to get 80% without being forced to waste 10 wisdom on the Block skill. It seems since 155 the Company is trying to kill off the DK in favor of their new darling, the Steam Mechanic.

I put up a thread here earlier asking pretty much the same question.... where do we go from here??
    Im a 1h player... always have been. Recently crafted a halfway decent 2h sword, and its fun to play with, but not so good for tanking.

Right now I guess crafting is about our only hope as I have heard some rumors that even the highly sought after Wolf shield has now been turned to garbage. I just cant understand what the company is thinking

They wont force me to play a different archetype, If it gets to the point that the DK is just unplayable, then the game is dead to me.
    I will seek my entertainment and fun elsewhere.

Thanks, Doc.

Gryngol likes this.
  3. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I have actually experienced this same problem myself. When I was at lvl50 a was able to tank most lvl3 bosses and when lvl55 came I couldn't event tank lvl1. But now after consistent farming I am able to do some bosses already at lvl3. Just keep to it. And by the way I am not even premium in game. A good active guild might help too. It helped me.

DocWhisky likes this.
  4. gun

gun Forum Great Master

I agree with DocWhisky said.

Been planning to build 1H DK since the new Full Moon started. I don't know my current T3 Wold shield with 3744 Block going to be nerfed or not on R189. Kinda confuse atm.

For me it does not matter where to farm for gold line ingredients, as long as I can kill plenty of monsters & get plenty of green & blue items.
    Normal Great Desert map have high drop rate of green & blue items, as well as gems & andermant. It is one of my favorite place other than PW maps.

But perhaps it's better to stick in PW, since it also drop Materi Fragment.

Above all items, I would concentrate on trying to craft 2/3 Exo 2H with 2x70%+IdotI lines and upgrade it to lvl 60.

If you looking for Crit Rate rings, Ring of Death is good choice since it come with 10% attack speed bonus. By killing end mini boss in Ocean of Bones. It is by far the quickest way to get Crit Rate ring.

@-DeathRaider- How did you do it? Would you mind to elaborate and share your experience, your plans.. activities.. as such.

DocWhisky likes this.
  5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Farm Lor'Tac and play your way ... don't let BP force you plying their way.
    I get cool items there

[​IMG]

DocWhisky likes this.
  6. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I knew after some research already before update that things were going to get tough fast. I ended up deciding when I got to 55 that would just focus on equipment that would benefit me for tanking. Only focusing on one build made everything faster and simpler. Now that I am able to tank some lvl3 like hereder, I am beginning to gather equipment for a 2handed set up.
    Here are my stats that I Had when I first got level 55 to give you and idea what I had to start out with. My hp 30500, armor 6450, 55% block rate, 76% block amount, Resistance 2150, only had 3 onyx skulls for extra hp regen per sec 24hp total per sec. I am an older player though and have farmed up to radiant and flawless gems. That helped too.

My stats now for tanking are , 50.5k hp, 8.4k armor, 73% block rate, 62% block amount, resistance 4200, and I have 2 lvl1 rings from bearach that help me a lot with hp regen and use onyx skull gems still. My old dragan set shoulder pads are still lvl48 and need to be updated to 55, but first am saving up for life-keeper from gnob.

-MERGED-

How are these? I am not sure when It comes to %block rate increased or on this item. I'm am thinking maybe total block rate increased is better but not sure. The math seems to suggest it by glancing.

-MERGED-

What server do you play on, if you play on agathon I might be able to help you with my guild. and what is your in game if you play on agathon.

Last edited by moderator: May 2, 2017
    gun and DocWhisky like this.
  7. Erebus

Erebus User

@-DeathRaider- , please make use of the "edit" button if you have something to add to your previous post, double posting is not permitted and considered as spam, best regards.

8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

After 185, you pretty much have to go 1H with tons of HP, Armor along with Resist and find dwarfs to do all the killing for you.

As Trak mentioned there are still some decent shields in the lower maps so you don't have to waste the points on block talent.

Trying to build a 2H for anything above fatal bosses is very, very hard after this update. Maybe if you were very OP before the update and just needed to convert the gems, but starting from scratch will be darn near impossible. I don't know if it is even possible to do the infernal 2 handed.

DocWhisky likes this.
  9. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Yep... been hitting Desert and some of the other Qaizah maps looking for the materi staff parts to drop while I farm.

Yep... been doing this also..... but expect this to be nerfed/changed/halted altogether in a very near future release, so farm fast and often while you can. You know they will kill this soon. Its what BP does!

Wow, the base block rate on that lvl 49 buckler is way better than 90% of the lvl 55 DK shields I have seen, regardless of quality or tier!!

And yes, I will keep playing my way.....
    :D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks, Doc.

trakilaki and gun like this.
  10. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

It is possible but the amount of essence required just turns you off from it. But only if you were pro old player
    that succesfully made the transition.

New players, no chance, need one year minimum to maybe touch solo infernal, like look at it from a window.
    I am talking about prison dedicated farm work :p

As for tank gear, old dragan + resistance belt + 2 q4 rings (if possible burned with 3x/4x HP on this item).
    If old dragan not available, then probably crafted block rate shoulders, like 60%, and a good heavy on block shield.

Trakilaki's shield is nice example, take that green lvl 49 thing and uprade it to 60, its cheap and easy, cuz you know, its green.

gun likes this.
  11. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

OK, but my 3D is requiring a specific "how to" ( guide / suggestions / tips / tricks ).
    I'm really upset and frustrated.
    I'm not able to find the key to come out this pit.
    I'm reading about the new "dwarfensang" and I'm stuck in a game that did not let me play my main char with fun.
    Yeah dwarfes are OP, but are extremely poor of strategy. Put 2 gatling and 1 tesla and hit hit hit hit and REDO.

Yep, and there would be T12 next year. :(:mad::confused:

12. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

Yeah before R185, my tank JUST got where I wanted him to be... Tanking heredur fatal mortis mode2... I was finally at my point, then BAM I cant even tank/solo mode 1, Then I couldn't find a group to buy the 8.6k ring.... seriously? why are we getting these [EDIT] updates BP!

Last edited by moderator: May 3, 2017
  13. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Heres how I did it step for step.
    Step 1 farm desert until you are strong enough to do some stonekeep
    Step 2 Gather boots with % hp increased, gloves same, belt resistance, rings with life too, armor well with armor, shoulder pads if not old dragan set get shoulder pads with block rate as much as possible, helmet hp increased % and necklace, shield should be for a beginner tank vargulf round shield(I am still using it) after about 2 weeks I could tank lvl1 parallel,
    Step 3 save up for bearachs rings, they are the only equipment you should ever buy lvl1, this will help you get a major start, took me about 1 month, after that I began to be able to tank some lvl 2, then farm more
    Step 4 Get better and better equipment. Right now is till have no equipment that is great yet and I can tank some lvl3 now. If this gives you an idea, I play about 2hrs on weekdays and 4hrs on the weekend. I play a good amount but nothing like some people.

14. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

If he plays solo it will take him a lot of time to kill the mobs with this kind of build. :rolleyes:

15. bilybob

bilybob Junior Expert

Anyone have a definitive take on what it now takes to build a 1H Tank? Recently reached level 55 and looking for some guidance on this as I am being asked to tank for a relatively new guild filled with newer players. I dod ok with level 1 bosses but beyond that not so much.

Looking for specifics but have the following so far:

Old Dragan Set (Level 50 Cape and Helm with level 55 shoulders)
    Wolf Slayer Tier 2 level 55 with near max stats
    Vargulf Shield level 55 with 144% inc. block
    2 x Bloodtooth Rings level 50
    Defender's Adornment level 50
    Gwenfara Ghost Axe level 50 (Saving Draken for Lifekeeper)
    All other gear is Legendary level 55 with varying stats and enchanments
    32K HP

What gear should I be looking for to compliment some of the above? Where is the best place to find this gear? Presumably some may be crafted from greens/blues.

Any help would be appreciated as I grow more frustrated everyday with my DK and I find myself spending more time on my SM which I don't really want to do. I DO NOT want to be part of the typical 2H cookie cutter type build (No offence) so only related 1H build advice please.

16. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Testing on my DK. I get 50k HP with this items & 25 points in Wisdom:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trying to get Ring of Life in last 5 days(500k+ leaderboard points LOL!).. But no luck :( all drop are gloves..

tueur.80 likes this.
  17. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

This is some awesome equipment, I am able to tank lvl3 some without anything like those equipments. My best tank equipment is my life rings only tier1. Soon I will get life-keeper and lvl55 old dragan set shoulder pads and put on tier 2 lvl55 wolf slayer shield and I will be able to do lvl4 some.

18. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

@gun
    Good lord. Talk about a tame rock.

This is what Po's stats where when Ti Lung showed up and said "Whatcha gonna do big boy? Sit on me?".

gun likes this.
  19. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Thx guys:)

Got better helmet now. And still trying to get better boots.
    still lacking of armor & resist. No luck yet on crafting resist belt & full armor torso.

This 1h build is a long run for me. Meanwhile still progressing 2h build for faster & efficient farming.

20. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Look at some dk's now lol. Some dk's have more then 120k hp. Pretty much everyone thought it was going to much harder to tank lvl3 then at lvl50 and now some are tanking lvl4 like it is nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.