ICM

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Dragonnns, Aug 10, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Ok, I give. What is an ICM? Interim Community Manager? Important Colluding Moderator? Interesting Cattle Mentor? Inventive Coding Master?

I tried searching for it but it is too short to return results. So if it exists elsewhere, my apologies.

And welcome Oessian in whatever it is that you do. :)

Shabono likes this.
  2. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

International Community Manager.
    source

I have no idea what does ICM do, but... Welcome Oessian!

3. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Thanks! I hunted all over for that.

4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

So it's not "Insanely Confusing Mediator"? Man, I was sure of that. Oh, well.

International... hmmm... maybe he's co-ordinating between the various languages?

Oessian, how many languages do you speak/write? Or are you just really good at using google translaters?

5. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I see that we now have yet another official community manager. What does that make, number 5?

I do like the locked introduction thread and being told to talk to mods if there is any questions. After all, that is what I learned to expect from a community manager.

6. Erebus

Erebus User

Hello @Dragonnns, ICM stands for "International Community/Customer Manager", not to be confused with a "CM/Community Manager", the role of the ICM is to overlook/assign tasks to the moderation team and support officers, pass on official BP/DSO related info that we need to know about, to gather feedback from us moderators and support officers, and to process more complex support-related issues, aside from a lot of other administrative tasks inside office.

Hope this clarifies confusion as per what the role implies, best regards to all. ;)

7. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

So what is the point of this person being on the forum? Are the mods in trouble? :p I know that you all catch a ton of grief from some of us on a regular basis for doing a thankless job.

Maybe you can explain why DSO doesn't have a community manager any longer? Not that they were all that useful, but at least it gave us someone else to complain to. I kind of miss the "we're listening" line.

Personally I would like to see a real player like Trak or Baragain be promoted to a community manager. Someone who actually plays the game, knows it inside and out, and has the players backs when the dev's go off the rails with their ideas.

ViktorG75 likes this.
  8. Erebus

Erebus User

As you might have noticed, our previous ICM posted official announcements occasionally, and since he's the main bridge for communication, and/or pressing issues between us mods+support officers, and the CM, the DSO team, and BP, it makes sense that he's around and participates from time to time, albeit this is not his main task, but it does help with the rest of them, best regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.