Dutch Forum

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Sprokkel, Nov 29, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sprokkel

Sprokkel Active Author

Dear,
    Due to personal reasons I can no longer play since February. Now my Drakensang game got picked up for a few days, I notice that Dutch forum has been removed. I would like to say to this my displeasure at the fact that the Dutch forum has been removed.
    Also, because all of the usual game of terms that are used in Drakensang, which hardly, and often are not at all to be translated with the aid of a translator. Removing the Dutch forum due to both Dutch and Belgian players a more complicated game than players of other nationalities which could use a forum. Without the financial support from players you can not develop a game and you have no work or income. The loyalty of your Dutch and Belgian players do you destroy this.
    Besides, I think this change discriminatory towards all Dutch and Belgian players. The expenses for Drakensang players for example premium but also other issues compared to other online games still one of the most precious, which makes me no financial reason or other reasons can imagine why for us 'as' important forum has been removed.
    The forum is generally indispensable for players in all nationalities.
    Why am precisely the group of Dutch and Belgian players just faced with this change and therefore subordinated to all other players?

Would like in particular to all the Dutch and Belgian players, but obviously ask players of other nationalities to give his or her opinion on the subject.

With best regards,

Edit; Incidentally, this letter I translated with the help of a translator. This makes the lack of translation proof of how difficult it will created for all Dutch speaking, his or her way in this game. Not to mention the additional complexity and time it takes us, rather we can use this time in the game. this is now all Dutch speaking subordinated to all other players.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    broelie likes this.
  2. Sorry to hear that you think that this is discriminatory towards Dutch/Belgian players, but the reason was simply a question of numbers. The Dutch/Belgian population in the game is rather small and the extra time and personnel was deemed unjustified. In fact, it was simply one of several languages that no longer receives support, including Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch and Brazilian Portuguese since early July.

That being said, the English forums and the various other forums are still available for your news or for seeking information.

3. broelie

broelie Forum Greenhorn

I agree with this post, i also find it very difficult to play this game in english. I don't onderstand the questline anymore, and when i meet a new player they have the same problems. It is very hard to explain to somebody how this game works now. It takes a lot time to put things in google translate, and even then it's mostly crap and we don't understand it.
    And no i didn't use translate now, it;s just my bad english

4. zwempie

zwempie Forum Greenhorn

i do not understand the story line in English. Please give us the Dutch forum back. I miss a lott of items because i do not understand it. Special in event you use a lott difficult words. I think i must look for a other game. I hate that because the game is nice. I also buy things wrong as clothes for 7 days two times and it was out after two days. English forum give nothing back for it.

5. josje55

josje55 Forum Greenhorn

find it terribly annoying that the Dutch forum to soap has helped. I understand the quests not good anymore and it is annoying when playing

6. pa.roel

pa.roel Forum Greenhorn

I like to ask zauw wells to tekrijgen know back the Dutch language elleke time no board
    I must wait for my daughter to that is I can go a klijn Poppy english but hard drives
    every time I have with my players vrachen I need help to mi plz

7. skyshipfighter

skyshipfighter Forum Greenhorn

I find it hard to do as a beginning player, to translate technical English in dutch, so would like the Dutch translation will be back in the game.

8. broelie

broelie Forum Greenhorn

i can't even understand these forum replays anymore, stupid google translate.
    i realy liked this game end put money in it, and now the pleasure is gone, no contact with other dutch players anymore, realy EDIT

Last edited by moderator: Nov 30, 2016
  9. NAKKY

NAKKY Forum Greenhorn

I snappe that whole English nie, did not come out with quests and stuff, I hope the Dutch support trug comes back.

Schelekakatoe

10. yoople

yoople Forum Apprentice

Hi,
    It would be really great if the Netherlands Forum/ Netherlands Support could come back, I dont really understand that well English so... And The Netherlands Forum/Support was as well really great. I've had some friends that were dutch and quited the game, cause since you CM have changed the Forum and the game language into English my friends didnt understand it so they quited playing your losing people what isnt good
    Sirencerly,
    Amesti/Adam

11. cgcidefix

cgcidefix Someday Author

I am a Belgium player and for me is English communication no problem for me.... but i can certainly understand that younger players have difficulty with the language and understand the meaning of the story told.
    Yes it was better if we had a Dutch forum to communicate and also the game in our native language. But like the moderator answered, there was a reason to stop the forum and Dutch game version...... pitty

12. Spacetigertje

Spacetigertje Forum Greenhorn

Hey, I understand absolutely nothing of the game since everything is in English. The story line I can not follow, making the game less fun word. And I also understand nothing of what Support says when I ask. And events I also understand the balls .. Hopefully you do quickly what to us the game again to play with fun

13. 1) This is the DSO English Forum. We had nothing to do with the closure of the NL/BE forum or the NL/BE Support. Nor did we have anything to do with the discontinuation of the Finish, Swedish, Swiss, Danish or Norwegian teams. If you are unhappy with it, you will need to contact Big point..
    2) There are many languages which are not supported in the DSO game or via a forum or Support team which have got a lot more native speakers than the Dutch language, for example, has. The Dutch language is ranked 56th for the number of people who speak it. And the majority of those can communicate in German and/or English.

14. broelie

broelie Forum Greenhorn

can you tell me then how i can conntact big point?
    because when i send support it leads to nothing?

15. PIKATOE

PIKATOE Forum Greenhorn

like that the game comes back complaining, many people in the Dutch about the English and even I have trouble with the game in the UK is that you can not do on-line region 20 languages and now in another 19 languages.

16. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

most of the storyline doesn't make sense in English anyway so you not missing much :)

rjrichards and YouWinOrYouDie like this.
  17. Sprokkel

Sprokkel Active Author

1) Of course, I know that this is the English Forum. That's the problem and why I created this thread because the Dutch Forum is removed.
    I speak to you in English moderators are not even on to, the termination of the NL Forum. Earlier I urge your cooperation to our complaints because of the removal of the forums, by sending to Bigpoint.
    Hopefully our displeasure am taken seriously by Bigpoint because we are forced now
    must use the defective translate where we bring a lot of time lost rather that we can play DSO. This is absolutely not in proportion with other players who can use their forum in their own language.
    2) When you talk about the Dutch language is ranked 56th, I'm not sure whether this meant to apologize for the fact that the NL Forum is removed.
    Or should I take this as an undervaluation of our Dutch language?
    I'm just born a Dutchman with my main language Dutch continues!
    The expression you give based on that most players are proficient in the English language I find too easy, that's rather down on all the players on one lumped which certainly is not always justified.
    Secondly, I begin to slowly wondering what game our Dutch speakers here to play now, Drakensang Online or ... .. Google Translate!?

18. It was neither an apology nor an "undervaluation of the Dutch language". It was a simple statement of fact.
    1) We (the DSO English Language Team) had no more to do with the closure of the NL/BE forum and support team than did the Spanish, German, Russian or Turkish teams. i.e. it had nothing to do with us at all.
    2) If you want to know the reason why that forum + multiple language support teams were discontinued, you would need to ask Big Point.
    3) There are many languages around the world which are spoken by a lot more people than by those who speak Dutch, and those are not supported in DSO or by a DSO forum or by a DSO Support team.
    4) If you do not wish to make use of the DSO English forum, you are welcome to use a different DSO language forum instead.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  19. Sprokkel

Sprokkel Active Author

The reason I've posted this post here is just because you think of the DSO English Team, currently the only contact. I nor others have the need to know why our forum is removed in our language.
    We desperately need our forum in our own language and want to be happy prefer. That is what concerns us!
    You know as well as I and others that not all of the English language as a whole powerful, especially in the translation of game terms used in DSO.
    The removal of the forum in our language certainly does not seem conducive to a possible influx of new players. Furthermore, I suggest you or members of the developers like to, to also agree to translate messages into dutch, copy it and paste it down somewhere. Then copy it again and translate it back into English.
    The entire syntax'm totally distorted making it impossible for us to get to do this at every problem. Then you can also experience what we Dutch speakers are now confronted with daily.
    Moreover, but also that I have previously reported that this cost us over other players with access to a forum in their own language, a lot more time.
    The developers have opted for removal of these forums, but we are there now to bear the burden.
    Given the loyalty and spending our players to Bigpoint Bigpoint is not very loyal to their Dutch-speaking players and it does not seem real.

20. No. I am the Team Leader of the DSO English forum/support team. It is not the responsibility of this team to translate messages/patchnotes, etc, into any other language. Members of the defunct language teams were all given the option to apply for positions with our team to continue assisting members of their language community. They declined. Which probably goes a long way towards explaining why the support for those languages was discontinued in the first place.

_Baragain_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.