Suggestion Accidentally selling items

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by jelbeat, Aug 8, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you agree with this suggestion?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Some changes needed...

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

This is a problem for a lot of players (it happened to me too many times).
    You are in a town and u sell items to the blacksmith u don't need any more (or melt them but that proces is irrevocable).
    By accident u sell also an item (or some items) u don't want to sell at all, but in a moment of carelessness u do that. Without knowing this u change from map and all ur sold items are gone!

My suggestion is that all ur sold items will be available by the blacksmith until u log out of the game. Ur sold items also should be available by all the blacksmiths in every town, this way u don't have to travel back when u are allready in another town when u discover ur missing items.

2. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @jelbeat ,

Thank-you for your suggestion.
    I am moving this thread to the right section. I also added a poll to be easier for everyone to vote. Let's wait for more suggestions :)
    Cheers,

3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

One problem I have with this is the way the game is set up. Selling a lot of items (4+ tabs) will often cause lag. The way it appears the database for these works I fear that keeping all these items with merchants would cause a bigger lag problem.

Additionally I think it's really a problem of simply being careless on a player's part. I am old, half blind and rarely sober :D yet I do not have a problem with accidently selling items. (I have sold things I wanted to keep but realized it and bought them back immediately.) In fact I cannot recall ever losing an item because of this in many years of playing.

Ofc, if the devs could implement such a thing without causing any problems I would not care. Given the devs track record though and the fact that this is not a problem if one simply pays attention to what one is doing I do not feel this is a priority idea.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Rhysingstar likes this.
  4. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

With all the important things that should be implemented, fixed or tweaked, spending time on this particular idea ranks pretty low.

However, like MikeyMetro stated, if the dev's could manage to make this happen without messing up two or three other things, it wouldn't matter much to me one way or the other. I would simply prefer them to dedicate their time to more important things.

5. IceQueen

IceQueen Forum Greenhorn

I disagree with the OP suggestion, in my point of view it will create many problems(lag, errors, maybe even crash the game)...keeping track of thousands of players farmed items, sold or melted as-long they are log-in will reach literally millions of items.

Perhaps a better idea would be creating a lock/block in the inventory page, like the sort item button.
    Any item in the locked page can't be added to melt window or sold.

Not that i need this idea to be implemented, cause i have never been "trigger happy"....no need to be hasty.

6. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

The lock/block idea has been proposed a few times in the past but just like other ideas such as making the pointer more visible and many, many others it has never been addressed. I mean look only how long we had to wait for Currency Bag:) years... The very idea is good tho'- a wee paddlock on each item or just one paddlock like the one for skills would do the trick:)

IceQueen likes this.
  7. AbradolfLincler

AbradolfLincler Someday Author

if the devs could implement a time limit on sold items without it causing errors, that could work too. even if it's just like 15 minutes. just gives you a chance to realize your mistake and go get them back. i agree, the most important thing is to separate your items though. i check for gold lines and just drag them back to my crafting pages. if your inventory is full, sell a few items you know are junk and make some space on another page to move good items as you sort through them.

the mouse cursor issue could use a REAL freakin tweak though. i constantly have to panic move my mouse to find it again if i loose sight of it and i have 20/20 vision. can't imagine would it could be like for people with eyesight problems. i'm not sure what color would work best, or maybe if it blinked slightly if you wanted that option. not sure. that's off topic though. lol.

Yogo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.