Removing Saphires

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Cratar, Feb 27, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Cratar

Cratar Someday Author

Hello all , Am not sure why none mentioned this in forums yet & Some may get mad from my post too but .. after i saw this i got dissapointed.

Since next update no more saphires and who have them already can keep them ... How is that fair ? like the game creators wanna balance the game or just wanna move on ? How can some people have gems that increase atk speed while others cant and they gotta go look for runes.

It could have been done in better way .. like for example remove all saphires from game and give back andermants for the removed saphire .. or any other way .. But just remove them like that .. i dont know ..
    I got Dissapointed from the way updates are being put into the game.

Anyway that was just my opinnion and i thought to state it out to know others opinions :)
    Thanks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

o_O I could, but won't, link at least a couple dozen posts about this going back to when r185 first appeared on the TS.

Your a little late to the party on this one :D Might I suggest using the 'Watch' and/or 'New Posts' feature on this forum in the future ;)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

ImmortalDeath and _Baragain_ like this.
  3. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Guess removing of sapphires didnt get much deserved negative feedback here as those posting here are pretty much all set with them. Otherwise, I personally would be upset. I dont see any reason of not keeping them in the game while gradually making runes better.

Same thing has happened to low lvl legendary items with crit. They just killed farming them, but didnt do anything to those already there, and newer players were not able to catch up until today.

_Baragain_ and Demon like this.
  4. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

Yep they create a new gap betwen old and new players.Untill this days a low lev ring and amulet with full crit value scaled with % items can provide the necesary crit on a DK and no one cares :)

5. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

I would love to get my sapphires removed and compensated for their price in anders, so I would get runes faster and sapphires wouldn't go to waste. In 6-12 months sapphires are gonna be junk jems to me, so 1.5 million anders go down the drain (pricewise).

Who do you think has more to complain?

MikeyMetro likes this.
  6. awaroa

awaroa Advanced

dont worry the max attack speed is 4. so if you have saphires and not attack speed runes in your weapon you can use the rune slots for damage/cric hit runes or uniquengems. and the largest speed attack rune is 8% so if you have saphires over 8% you have an advantage. this is my thinking if i am wrong can you correct me

7. Cratar

Cratar Someday Author

Yes and i think they can increase atk speed even more by using saphires + Runes for atk speed since you will have 5 empty gem slots + 5 empty rune slots now .. people who have full saphires will prob be overpowered with max atk speed

You will have something that new players like me can't get anymore . u have an advantage over new players and ur sad ? ... u can achieve max atk speed easy now .. u can do mush more builds than new players can using those sapphires + the runes now ..

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  8. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

Lets be real here for a second, no new player can compare with an old player, gems or not.

Currently I have very good sapphires that are composed in my adornment. After you get to lvl 55 you will find out that your armor, resistance and critical hit rate, for the lacker of a better terms, suck.

To raise your critical hit rate to the levels that you had on lvl 50, you will need to compensate, a lot. I agree, some time I will have an advantage that will just simply melt away with time.

In the end you get level 55 which means very strong monsters, your firepower goes down and lets just say now it is more balanced.

I hardly think that developers would allow any kind of an advantage in the long run, so they had to do something else to make sapphires look less powerful. You can develop the resistance and armor pretty much fast, but the 2HND builds are mostly determined by the speed, hit rate and dmg. If developers brought down speed, damage went up even, that can mean only one thing, critical hit rate.

I am sure critical hit rate can go up to the levels before but I am 100% sure it will be on the expense of either speed or critical damage (some item that has critical dmg % replaced by critical hit rate item).

I would support any option that removes the sapphires completly away from the game for the proper compensation like andermants and make the chance of getting clovers from Jesters or any kind of other way like Events.

9. ToshiBoy

ToshiBoy Someday Author

So... how do the refiners work?

10. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Right click the refiners then click the gems.

11. ToshiBoy

ToshiBoy Someday Author

I've tried that... comes up and tells me I cannot refine them...? Does it only work for certain gems?

12. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Normal gems only. And the bigger your gems are the more refiners you'll need. It probably gives you a message that you don't have enough. Read the message and you will see the required amount of refiners needed to refine the gem. See the wiki page for that: http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Gems

13. ToshiBoy

ToshiBoy Someday Author

14. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

No problem, you're welcome. ;)