PVP gear

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by rogue07, Jul 3, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you want "real" pvp that actually lasts longer and is more exciting?

1. yes

66.7%
  2. no

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

okay this suggestion im expecting heavy criticism for but please keep on topic and no trolling.

so for a while now, I've carefully monitored the pvp aspect of the game, from the perspective for each class, varying for legendary gears to mid pw gear and to fully built pw gear players.

and I've seen a serious lack of potential in terms of pvp battling capabilities on dso, with the current META being "one/two hit the other before they one/two hit you" the entire combat enjoyment aspect dies out.

so my suggestion is, like so many games out there, have a PVP specific set you can buy with pvp specific currency. these gear usually boasts much higher hp, but with less total damage, and with an additive unique value of say, "4% damage reduction from players" per piece. to a total of lets say with full gear aside from weapon or maybe even with weapon: 40% or 44% with a pvp weapon, damage reduction.

these gear will also have gems and runes slots like any other gear, and is also eligible for core transfers - say for example "battle cores" will cost badges of honor to buy.
    and since this gear will remain tierless, it wont exactly be great for pve, maybe for newbies doing painful but above that this gear will fall severely short in pve.

with this implementation, not only does it give badges of honor value, so you can buy these unique pvp gears and cores, but also creates a much more diverse dynamic for PVP.

im pretty sure this would make pvp so much more enjoyable, no more 1 shotters in pvp means no more spamming one skill and actual combat strategy.

i think DSO is the only game I've played without any PVP gear.

an added benefit would be, this once more hurts twinks as well :D this means players leveling up, even without pw gear, can do pvp and gear up with pvp gear and stand a chance against each other.

this will even out the playing field in all possible aspects.
    and yes, set bonuses will be there, each different for each class, just like PW sets.
    also, it wont be cheap, itll take some serious pvp devotion to get full pvp sets - that way you cant just up and gear up within a couple matches and Im sure the dev team can figure out a logical balance of cost vs effort

edit: I still suck at forums, forgot to add the "suggestion" prefix.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  2. Nalros

Nalros User

I added it for you ;).

3. But how would it work regarding gems and runes? I'm sure nobody is willing to pay 200g everyday to switch those over to the PvP gear.

4. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

thats going to be the tricky part, I know this is going to suck but trust me its going to be worth it - either players can get more gems for the pvp gear or they can just switch back and forth - it really depends on the player's interests.

i for one, would not mind working on new gems for pvp gear.
    as for runes, perhaps pvp specific runes that can be embedded in only pvp gear, these would have different or semi identitical stats as the current runes.

the entire focus is to seperate pvp and pve, allow non pw geared players to stand a chance in pvp and make pvp last longer i.e. make it more fun.

i do understand, a big number of players will oppose to this purely because of gems, but do understand many other MMOs like this have pvp gear, along with gems and rune like items, and on all these games ppl work hard to gear up their pvp and pve sets.

as i see it, its DSO thats lacking this specific dynamic. would it be implemented, i can assure a huge rise pvp popularity and enjoyment, regardless of server.

Thank you :D I appreciate it

aside from the ideas I've honestly posted, the tweaking of it would be up to player suggestions and the devs to find a balance really. i do understand this suggestion does indeed need some tweaking here and there. not every part of my suggestion is necessary in terms of implementation :) the original concept is all that matters, and all that we really need, however it can be changed to make it that much better.

the current META is just broken

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  5. I like the idea of PvP having specific gear with intent to balance it and make it more of a skill-to-win rather than.. I don't even have to complete the sentence. However, it's not whether players are willing to spend gold or not, it's the case of whether they CAN or CAN'T afford the switching.

I would much rather prefer something cost-free and inventory-free regarding this idea. I don't think it's ideal having to store an additional 8-12 items in your inventory and also having to farm even more gems for them. Perhaps we could fight naked like Adam and Eve? Surely that would require a tremendous amount of skill... and commitment. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.