Questions about guilds and how the game works.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by JabaRune, Nov 15, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JabaRune

JabaRune Forum Apprentice

1) Why can I only bind 7 skills to hotkeys at once? With 3 skills bound to the mouse that is 10 skills total. I'm a ranger so I will have 14 skills but I can only use 10 at once?

2) Are there any activities players of different levels can do together that are somewhat productive for everyone involved? It seems like the game really punishes people for playing with others that aren't the same lvl. A lower level player doing higher leveled content won't be able to use any of the gear that drops and they get no or less xp? and in that scenario, the higher lvl player has to work harder to fight the mobs that are buffed due to more people being in the party? And when in lower level areas, the higher lvl player gets reduced xp and unusable/bad drops? and the lower level player just gets carried through the map which is boring for them, probably boring for the high leveled player too because they just one shot everything.

2) My guild has 5 or 6 players on at the same time in peak hours. Is this an active guild by this game's standards? There is rarely any conversation in the guild chat outside of hellos and goodbyes, and only one person frequently talks or plays with me. They don't seem to play with each other much either, although they did one night for an event. Is that normal? Everyone goes there own way until an event starts?

The higher level players do seem to help the lower level players when they need it, but I've never actually needed help with something so I'm playing by myself 95% of the time, which wouldn't bother me so much if the guild chat were more active so that there's a conversation to read/participate in. I expect the lvling process in an MMO to be something of a lonely affair so it doesn't bother me too much...

3) My guild leader is the only lvl 50 in the guild. There is a lvl 48 and 46 who I've never seen logged on, and the rest are lvl 40 or below. I started playing 7 days ago and I'm almost lvl 39. When I first joined and saw their lvls, I thought the lvling process became much slower and that 50 was actually difficult to get to, and I thought "Well at least I'll have people to play with as I lvl up," but now that I've caught up with and passed a lot of players in the guild, I'm thinking about looking for a guild of primarily level 50s so that I have English speaking players my lvl to play with and do PW with when I hit 50 (based on the amount of xp left and how much I play, this should take me less than a month)

Are there English speaking guilds out there that have a good amount of lvl 50s? If there are, are they likely to let me to join, considering that I'm new to the game and won't have good gear?

I'm really torn here because I've made a friend in the guild and the other members seem like nice people. At the same time, I really want a reliable group english speaking players that are my lvl to play with... I'm taking the time to think about this now because I don't want to make more friends in a guild that I might leave in a month...

Any serious answers or advice would be appreciated. Please let me know if I'm missing something or if any notions I seem to have are wrong.

2. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

What server?

3. JabaRune

Agathon

4. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I know what you went through. When I started I joined a guild as well with 50 players, but only a few were active. Most players just play for a couple of days or weeks and then quit the game. The guilds are filled with so many inactive players.
    And most level 50 guilds will not recruit anyone below. So, my advice is first get to level 50 and then look for a guild.

5. JabaRune

It kinda boggles my mind that guild leaders have no way to see who is inactive...

I'm not sure I'd want to join a lvl 50 only guild. I just want there to be enough level 50s for me to learn from and regularly do harder content with... Is that something that would be hard to get without joining a lvl 50 only guild?

Thanks for the advice.

6. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

That is just the way they made the game. You could also look at it as if you were given more skills to choose from rather than not being able to bind some of them. The choices you make will affect your play style. There is a thread for Rangers on "Show what you have" that is useful for identifying those skills that are more helpful than others.

If you can stick with players that are within 5 levels of each other, that helps. When the range is wider, it is as you describe.

I find that some days people are lost in their own world and other days, everyone is chatting up a storm. Events tend to bring people online more so that means more chatting.

As for those who are online at any given time, "peak times" can be different. In our guild we have someone from India, someone from Australia, someone from Russia, and then a wide variety from the Americas. What is peak times for the Aussie may not be peak time for the ones in Alaska.

Leveling will go slower now. You'll have times when all you have to do is grind away with no quests to do.

If the guild is all level 45 and up, they typically don't want the lower levels. In our guild, while we have a bunch of level 50s, we also have lower level characters who we work with to move up. Each guild is different. You can find descriptions of them on the Guild Introductions thread.

You can add people to your Friends List. Even if you leave a guild you can still chat with them or do runs with them. I don't limit running in groups to just those in my guild. Sure, if they are around and want to do what I want to do, Great! If they aren't, then I hit up the folks on my friends list.

Hope this helps!

7. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Here is my honest input :)

Most lvl 50 guilds, are exclusively lvl50, and they will not accept anyone below 50. Not even everyone who is lvl50. Those would be the most active, with 15-20 ppl online at peak time. And nothing is wrong with that. They want to invest their time into improving their chars, not someone else.

Your guild is kind of emerging guild, and there are lots of them. It most likely doesnt contain any of the end game players, which should be perfectly fine for you, as those end gamers will look for guild full of endgamers.

Alao, here is a trick. The guild full of players you can learn from, wouldnt accept you. Sorry, but its true. Unless you have some close friends.

So you better stay with your own, who knows if you would be able to find better.

But sure look around. And gl, as leveling to somewhat end game (after you reached 50), is way more complicated and time consuming than getting to 50.

But at 50, you will be ready for the next level of guilds.

8. JabaRune

Thanks everyone.
    Sorry, but this isn't true :p As a new player, I can learn from everyone in the game. Even other new players. That's a wonderful thing about being new. However, I do need to play or talk with someone to learn from them. The only reason I'd want to join a lvl 50 guild once I hit 50 is so that I have other players my lvl to play with.

Thanks for your reply. The info you gave me on guilds helped me gain some perspective.

I'm actually looking forward to this. I kinda hate the quests. I'm really just doing them for the andermant... It's more fun to kill a boss over and over again imo... faster too, I think. I was getting about 750kxp/hr at the lvl 40 snake boss. I think I'll stay there until I reach lvl 43 and then I'll go back to questing. I need some better gear anyway. Just about all my items are lvl 35 still :p Unfortunately, after 100 kills last night I only got green and blue drops. Bad luck, I think, based on my experiences at the other bosses. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my thread. I appreciate it and your response helped me.

Edit: Hey guys, I just wanted to clarify something. I know I painted my current guild in a bad light, but I've only been in it for a week so I'm not ready to make a decision on whether to leave or stay. Thanks to everyone who has messaged me in game offering advice and to those who offered me a spot in their guild. It's really nice to see a gaming community be so welcoming.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  9. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

That is very normal for Gorga. She is a bit stingy. :)

10. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @JabaRune ,

Welcome to our community and to the game!

This link may help you in the first steps :p I am sure that in some days, you will be one of heroes of Dracania and defeat everyone out there! :)

Cheers,

11. BlueWaters

BlueWaters Forum Greenhorn

US East Coast

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.