What is your definition of "carrying"?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by GoulishNightmares, Mar 2, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just want to hear opinions on this. Thank you☺

2. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

It is a guy that meets the requirements to perform a given task, without having the strength to accomplish it for itself, and to significantly contribute for a teamwork. So he asks help to anyone that could do it in place of him.

Usually a such guy feels to be thanksful toward who helps him, trying to actively participate in combat action and giving stones in case somebody dies. Otherwise, he is not one that asks for a favor, but a profiteer.

Shansurri and GoulishNightmares like this.
  3. I feel it is someone that does little to nothing in a run. If someone cannot deal as much damage as the top person in the group, fine, but atleast extend your resources to those in the group eg stones, purp and red essense, distraction to enemies and anything they can do to contribute somehow.

Also if you are not keeping up with a group in a map and doing your part, you are either being carried or an opportunist picking up drops, or both. If someone is actually keeping up and do happen to die eg infernals then I have no problem rezing them because they are TRYING to help.

4. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Over the years, I have carried/helped and been carried/helped many times. In my opinion, there is a good and bad version.

The good version is someone that honestly stands no chance but tries their hardest and contributes however they can.

The bad version is someone that simply stands back and waits for the drops to fall.

I will help anyone who asks. All I ask in return is that they try. If they stand back and do nothing, that will be the last time.

If someone asks me to join their group, I'll will try to do whatever I can to help.

There is an incredibly strong player (here on the forum) that has invited me to group up a few times and honestly I contribute very little in terms of actual killing (though I do try as hard as possible). They know that I am weaker than they are, yet choose to carry/help me, and I am grateful each and every time.

On the other side of that coin, there is an incredibly weak Ranger that I help on a pretty regular basis. They can barely make it through Q1/M1 painful using blue or purple ess when they go solo. I remember what that was like, so I am more than happy to jump in and clear the way.

The more players that get strong, the more fun this game will be.

5. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

This. One of the best parts of this game is the way it encourages cooperative activities. Working together with others builds a stronger character over time, even if at first someone is 'being carried'. And to be honest, some characters are better designed to provide support instead of firepower. For example, my ranger doesn't have a great deal of damage yet, but she can throw out those armor breaking explosive arrows, trap, and otherwise help a team. My mecha deals much more damage, and yet can't really trap. DSO does a decent job of trying to interweave the different classes in ways that help complement each other in a group fight.

EhtovK and GoulishNightmares like this.
  6. 100% Agree :)

Shansurri likes this.
  7. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

This, bullseye, some players might not yet be experienced enough to adjust to some circumstances, but, there are plenty of roles one can fill in a group despite of how powerful you are, with the game as it is right now, a SW with 100 damage and a SW with 35k damage will produce the same exact debuff effect with their singularities, same stun times, same duration of mind control, etc.; a RA with 100 damage will armor break the mobs with well placed EAs just as good as any other for the stronger one to deal the damage, thorns would be just as effective in slowing down mobs, and the marking slowing down even the biggest bosses is awesome; midgets can provide stun protection for the tank/group and debuff the mobs with their turrets as well; DKs can provide a lot of diversions, the iron brow works wonders when stacked with singularity, rocket or EA, given the right scenario they can also perma-stun groups of mobs, etc...

That's not all we can do I'm sure, but the point is all classes can put something onto the table regardless of their strenght, one just needs to analyze the kind of formation your group has and if necessary switch to a kind of "support build" and one can achieve fun, stimulating and effective play time.

It's also kind of everyone's job to try and share that expertise with others, I used to team a lot with a SM that never ever used Tesla turret on his regular build, but you'd see him deploy it instinctively and with proper talents when fighting Heredur, Dragan or any major chain-stunners, one of my RA friends would deploy his thorns immediately after he saw my singularity and we wiped out everything nicely, my partner would also include iron brow into his build back when we were struggling with those moonhowlers in the Full Moon event and it made our in-game life a ton easier. All in all, DSO should have way more synergies between class skills, but it's up to us to make the most of the ones we have, and it is possible to do so regardless of our individual strenght.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.