Feedback (New) New Moon Event (Post R194)

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Erebus, Jul 21, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erebus

Erebus User

Greetings heroes of Dracania!

As all of you know, our
    New Moon event got reworked in Release 194, so, we're keen to hear your new impressions on it, specially on the recent changes to the progression and the reworked equipment, you can post all of those in this thread, and you can check the full changelog and FAQ in the R194 Patchnotes.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

1- No full info about requierments - Fragments of infernal passage is missing but you need them? (maybe this time is free but how about the next event>?)
    2 - Sets are not so atractive anymore, increase maximum damage % dont scale after all damage calculation so you will have low value than yo expect .
    3 - The old witcher seeker set has no yelow unique lines, has the best unique bonus on 4/4 and is hard to get.
    4 -Still cant compete with fullmoon because the wood drop-rate is low and you have just the entrances from the progress and you cant open for your team.

5.Flower Shop
    - Radiant gem bag will cost you 2 more flowers than 3 polished so is not worth to pay 2 flower for that crafting cost.
    - Magical newmoon scroll is too expensive 50 moonflowers and in shop is 600 andermant, with 50 you can buy 2 radiant bags and that will give you gems that cost minimum 10k in sho each so 50 moonflower can worth minimum 23k andermant
    - Drakens are way to expensive

6 - Tenebrous and Frigid items on spiders doors.
    Two items from witch seeker set on first door that drop white and black and white spider make you beleve that cand drop on the map.
    7.Still no one hand rune 2% on spiders drop.
    8 - Reward for 1750 progress and 2250 is the same 50 drakens and is not so attractive if you dont have 50...60....

9 - Good think the progress stacks scale with dificulty.
    10- Autoloot :) yessss.

11.You can buy just one scroll per day. pff...

12. 30+ runs no adorment from magotina.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    gonzalo.data likes this.
  3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

There are 3 new quests:
    A Fine Elixir
    Overcome Your Weakness
    Unbefriend Weaklings

A Fine Elixir:
    Very poorly designed quest.
    This quest is the new Cloak of Power quest ... except ... Cloak of Power quest is a regular quest and doesn't need portals.
    Basically this quest requires :
    - 75 Stone Hearts - you will need 2 runs to collect those
    - 50 Bowls of Tree Resin - the drop is 5 frags per run ... that means you will need 10 runs to collect them all
    So ... that means you will need to spend 10 portals (100 RF) in order to solve the quest. This is a repeatable quest and you need to spend 10 portals for unbelievable 10 woods (Jack Pot).
    That is 1 wood per run ... while you need 2250 woods per scroll :D
    [​IMG]

Overcome Your Weakness:
    This quest is also poorly designed.
    You will kill the monsters you need to kill later for the quest (because they are on your way) ... and then you can't solve the quest but to re-enter the map.

They are displayed at the boss' room entrance

EDIT:
    I forgot to say:
    Don't buy the New Moon Items ...yet :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    gonzalo.data and Aslandroth like this.
  4. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

It is possible to drop the Torso and Belt on the monsters drop from the first map as is shown on the entrance?
    I will not buy :)
    ty

gonzalo.data and thebearreturns like this.
  5. Grizzles1

Grizzles1 Forum Apprentice

EDIT: I just wanted to add a little more, and format it a little better.

General and positive: The new map layout is awesome, much easier to farm.

The unique drop rates from the two spider bosses is great - at first I thought removing blossoms would be a problem, but they drop often enough.* This does not include the Witch Chaser set pieces, these seem to be extremely rare.

Negative feedback: I do not like the rarity of the Witch Chaser set. It is supposed to drop from the repeatable quest, but I have done this at least 50 times and not had a single piece drop. It also does not drop nearly as much as the Karabossa set pieces from the spider bosses.

Witch chaser is also supposed to drop from Amphoras, but the patch notes did not make it clear what type.

Costs to summon additional spider bosses is a little high. At 30-50 wood per map clear, you will rarely have more wood than passes, unless you're the DK that tanks all the time. The DK tanks are the only people I have seen so far that have been willing to do the additional summons, so I guess this is a good thing for them.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  6. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

ive had up to 11 per run, just did another and got 9 on weakest level. but yeah, the fact you get 1 stone per kill so 2 runs and at very least 5 runs for resin seems a bit off. certainly for such a small reward

trakilaki likes this.
  7. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

As trakilaki said, those quests are mostly a joke, especially the rewards. Looking on the bright side though, its fun to hit the mobs of enemies as it kind of breaks up potential event fatigue. Also the autoloot on progress is extremely welcome. Thanks for finally listening BP. I notice no increased lag.

I got one drop on Karabossa painful, the boots, and they aren't as good as the T1 Dragan. If I am going to benefit from this event I have to do fatal runs. So yeah, I need to get stronger.

All in all, I would say this is an improvement because there's more stuff to do. BP can't help but introduce elements that steal the joy of the player though. It seems to be a goal.

trakilaki likes this.
  8. anolajen

anolajen Someday Author

around 10+- per run is easy considering you have to clear much more maps for progress .. but reward need to be reworked as its nonexistant now ...
    both sets are ok 2/4 witch are easy to mix with most builds 3/4 twin queens are usefull too for nontanks who dont use q1 /q8
    altars are bit overpriced .... bud if they are meant as dump for excessive wood then its probably ok but farming wood to summon 3 x boss on fatal or inf would be quick way to insanity

9. flodder

flodder Regular

Are the blossems still drop? we did some runs to farm them in fatal and infernal but no drops :( So i use my scrolls for nothing?

10. Marsicanus

Marsicanus Forum Veteran

I think this event has improved a lot.
    Now, in lethal, I can drop 150-280 progress/run and will be the first time I finish it.
    I appreciate the fact that you can do both quest (white/black) at the same time but repeatable quests are useless.

Cost to summon boss 2nd, 3rd,... times are too high. We try to summon white queen but also we spent 200+500+1500 woods we drop nothing.

11. anubi555

anubi555 Forum Apprentice

Does any1 know the lokacion of cursed amfora??

12. Marsicanus

Marsicanus Forum Veteran

there isn't cursed amphora nor pigs

13. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello there flodder and - sorry- no - they do not drop anymore - you can only exchange the ones you have collected so far for goods in the NPC Shop. You can read all about it in Release 194 Patchnotes.

14. molnijanx

molnijanx Someday Author

totaly agree!!!
    this ewent now is way better but with prices of summuning 3rd and 4th time spiders is waaaayyyy to high

bur is steel made progress only till 1st rune and not more becose it is to boring, also uniques are bad ewen for starter like me..

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  15. xmasholo

xmasholo Forum Apprentice

Please give the chance to buy the Brutality of the Enforcer's set for last time, some of us really loves this set for the crit damage and stun resistance(which is really useful)

16. chiuseer

chiuseer Advanced

Indeed, and I like it.
    Indeed, and I don't like it. Is this quest a joke ?

17. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

So far so good:
    • Faster progression, deeply appreciatted (Still waaay too grindy compared to FM).
    • Upper path comunicating both sides of the map is excellent, simple solution with very good results.
    • It appears there are more monsters in the map, good as well.
    Negative:
    • Ya must be outta your minds with the spider's shrine prices, do I really need to elaborate on why?
    I'll edit to add as I test more parts of the event..., I still have my doubts about the "new" equipment, but that's what I have to say for now.

Zulily19 and trakilaki like this.
  18. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Thank you. Just... thank you! No, I'm not being sarcastic. This is finally worthy of being called an event again.

The only things that feel underwhelming are the new Queens' set and the 3 new quests' rewards. Also, the shrines' costs are indeed crazy... let's say 200 is acceptable, but 500 & 1500 is just insane - given that the wood drops are the same and also not going higher with the difficulty.

The rest is beautiful... the blossom-shop, ability to do both questlines at the same time and have both boss doors open, the auto-loot, etc. Well executed!

Where are the "Frosty" brooms, though?

19. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

More than clear. Haven't read the patchnotes to R194? Or checked the event NPC in-game xD ? They are being discontinued, don't drop anymore, but a shop is in place where you can exchange any you may still have for a variety of stuff (not event uniques, though) - the shop should be there for a couple of events, so as to give everyone a good chance to spend theirs.

20. flodder

flodder Regular

Why is the drop rate for wood so low? we can farm for years to get some :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.