Silly Noob...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by nowitzen, Aug 22, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nowitzen

nowitzen Forum Greenhorn

I jumped into this game thinking it might be fun. And it is. However, I am still a noob and have a bunch of questions. My problem is I don't know how to find answers on this forum. Like "Glyphs of Power"...what are they? What how do I use them? What do they do?
    And then there is the PVP duels. I have tried over 30 duels with 3 different classes at different levels and have not won a single match. I need to find how how I can TKO a player in 5 seconds. Someone please direct me to the place where you become the best "Hero" you can be.

2. Nostradamus88

Nostradamus88 Active Author

yeah the game is hard to understand at the beginning. I think the best place to direct you is DSO wiki, there you can find a lot of explanations. But for every question ask here in forum. For example: you can use glyphs of power to upgrade the base values of your items; to win a duel in 5 seconds you should have a good char that is possible to achieve only if you focus on a single class. Keep growing up with levels till 55 and then you'll start the real game. While leveling try to mantain you hero balanced: at the right side choose items for defense and at the left side items for attack. These are just some hints. If you have specific questions do not worry and ask. If you want to understand something on your own look at wiki, at forums and also on youtube there are good videos.

Shabono likes this.
  3. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

not sure the server you are on but find a guild whose members can answer these questions for you and help you on your journey to higher levels

Shabono likes this.
  4. Shabono

Shabono Forum Greenhorn

In addition, spend your andermants wisely. A good way to do that is to aquire more inventory space.
    Good luck!

Please_enter_a_name likes this.
  5. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @nowitzen ,

Welcome to EN Forums and Drakensang Online! :)
    We have a little guide that may help you with the first questions, including that one about Glyphs of Power. You can check everything here.

It takes time, but we are all sure that you will be a strong hero ;)
    Please note that you also have a "Search" tool in our forum (top-right of your forum page, just down below your forum name). You can type there some keywords and it will show you threads that were made about that particular keyword.

Cheers,

6. therpgrogue

therpgrogue Forum Apprentice

Okay thanks a lot. I am level 18 or 19 and I did struggle with the player vs player despite using a lot of my mad attacks.

7. Frostarch

Frostarch Junior Expert

If you can't win any duels it could be either bad strategy, bad gear or both.

For example you might not know what stats are best on gear so you might have shit gear. The difference between a bad and great weapon is massive.. Socketing gems helps a lot too

Example, a weapon with +100% crit damage means NOTHING if your crit chance is 5%. Meanwhile a weapon with 50% increased damage gives you way more damage. Later on increased damage on this item gives a ton too, especially when you upgrade weapon with glyphs

You can also collect good green weapons to craft a blue one with great stats. Helped me a lot.

GoulishNightmares likes this.
  8. therpgrogue

therpgrogue Forum Apprentice

Will check out, not that much of a pvp person anyway, too much stress and competition. MMORPG's are also for co op.

9. The only problem with upgrading is it is extremely time consuming trying to acquire the necessary glyphs for your equipment. It is worth it though. Spend them wisely though, due to the fact that some pieces, especially as you get higher in level will require...a ton. Legend items are best in my opinion and some unique(I use the blood rune amulet at this point, and have yet to find better). Also another thing is once you start upgrading legend equipment, unless you find something very substantial, pretty much everything else will be melt for your glyphs. I have not found really anything to compare with what I have yet...and I have passed through many levels and dungeons. One person said that it is good to balance your character, and I am in total agreement to that except for the fact that certain characters attack differently. For instance, I am a mage, so I normally attack first from afar, so my defense/armor doesn't count AS MUCH as my Critical Damage/Crit. Hit Rate/Base Damage do. Armor and health are important, but I do tend to focus more on the "punch". Whereas a knight, who has to be one-on-one with the enemy may require much more armor and health than a mage or perhaps a ranger, who normally attack from a distance. It is very good to be well rounded though, if you can. Trying to find the best stats on a weapons is priority, I don't mind the CV too much because normally it doesn't seem correct as far as the stats appear. So I pay attention to stats over CV. Goodluck! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.