Java & Internet Browser compatibility.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Darwarren, Oct 25, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Firefox:
    I recently updated both Firefox and Java, which caused a problem accessing nefertari.drakensang.com in the web browser. The program would begin ok, but lock up at the "allow" screen.
    The solution was to enter the user setting/add-ons in Firefox, and change the Java permission from "Ask to allow" to "Always allow." It works smoothly now, no complaints.

Internet Explorer:
    A Java Update caused the LogIn screen to change from "Play Game" to "Download now."
    This time the solution was removing conflicting scripts in the Java cache.
    It's a little bit for experts. Carefully go in to Control Panel/Java Control panel, and be sure enabled for browsers is checked. Select view temporary internet files to see the cache items. Delete the drakensang items: you will get the ones you need again in the next download. Close all.
    You probably have to delete Drakensang in the Program & Features section of the Control Panel. I can't remember with certainty. Then download a fresh copy of the game from the browser.

Google Chrome:
    Still no easy way to drakensang on the web browser. There was talk of a special add-in. Better to just move to Firefox, according to Trakilaki. :cool:

My thanks to Alex in support, and others, for pointing the way. :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

One more thing ... I never use latest version of anything.
    Check this out :D

[​IMG]

Darwarren likes this.
  3. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

fwiw, i'm finding that the latest version is very easy to use, no java issues. i originally only installed it for the latest testing server but i have used it for my regular game as well.

Darwarren likes this.
  4. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

firefox, i just click "allow now' then java comes up and i clik run. and it run great.;)
    both firefox n java are upgraded,no probs.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is not the reason I am using older version of any software. (it is not connected with the game)
    I am doing it because I have learnt so much from my own mistakes in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.