Feedback About the speed runes.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Llogos, Mar 3, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llogos

Llogos Junior Expert

Hello everyone,

I was reading about the runes, and in what items they can be used. Unfortunately, I saw that the 8% attack speed rune can only be used in double-hand weapons.

I personally find it unfair for the 1H setups, as the only runes that they can use is the 4% while at the same time the majority of the players, and of course a specific class, runs with 2H and therefore they can use the 8% attack speed together with the 4% speed gems. Why should not be able a 1H DK to use those runes? Why should not be able a long bow built up ranger to use them as well? After all the long bows have the same speed with the 2H weapons.

So, my idea is to make those 8% speed runes available for one-hand weapons as well. That will be more fair among the different setups.

PS: Someone will probably say ''Yes, but that will make the 1H setups to be much faster than the 2H.'' - Well, I don't think that this will be a problem, but if it is, then make it available for the long bows as they have the same speed with the 2H weapons.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

I completely dislike this conversion. It's as if they assume that everyone who ever crafted above flawless sapphires used a 2Handed weapon. Hello? Remember that until 3 days ago there was a class that didn't even have 2Handed weapons, to start with? And still they had plenty of sapphires above that level... The only conversion possible to be runes that can only be used on 2H is just lame...

3. xXxTroublexXx

xXxTroublexXx Forum Apprentice

it's simply 4% for 1h builds because you have 2 items to put in 4% stones, which gives same speed as 1 item with 8% stones. Seems pretty fair as it is now.

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

5. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

No, flawless+ can only convert to "grand" runes. Which are 2H only.

And everyone can put them in 2 items: Weapon and decoration. (No celerity runes for offhands, as far as I know)

6. trakilaki

Nope ... you can use the Grand Runes in Weapon only.

7. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

I know that. xD I meant the other celerity runes, everyone can put them in the same 2 items. So 2h could use a grand of 8% which is 2h only and a 4% which can be used in any weapon and decoration... for a greater total speed than a 1H build, using the same lvl of gems.

I guess the person I replied to thought offhand items could hold celerity runes

8. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

Now they give for 5%= 6% rune

I think a faire trade can be:

8.6 %= 1x6% + 2x2%
    11%=1x8%+1x4%
    14%= 2x8% that is one of the most expensive gems in the game and deserve 2x8%(i dont have such gems)

I think this is the most simple way to give a faire exchange. And if you craft the 8% runes the resulted rune should be only for 2H because his value it will be to high for 1h.

I hope i,m not wrong.

9. Llogos

Llogos Junior Expert

Sorry, but the 2H setup, can use both 8% and 4% because the 4% can be used to decoration.

I didn't know that you can craft them, but still the 2H wins still as they can have both types or speed runes much faster that someone that is 1H.

10. trakilaki

I didn't know too ... I mean I knew ... but didn't have that much clovers to buy them and craft them. I did it with the new sapphire conversion instead of buying them for clovers :D
    Too high for 1H? Nothing is too high. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.